Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Suvarnabhumi Airport Train Link

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Suvarnabhumi Airport Train Link

Hey guys, off to Udon Thani today and was planning on taking the Train to the Airport as we took this to the hotel on the first day. Was a good experience and very cheap. Just looked at the timetable and there are no times between 1000 and 1615. Does this mean there are no Trains at this time? I get the impression It only runs during peak times by the website, which is very inconvenient.

Anyone go further Info on this?

The timetable certainly reads that way. I think you'd have to ask someone, call Airport Express: 02 622 3000 ext. 231, 233

Bangkok Airport - Train Timetable Route & Prices - bangkokairporttrain.com
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    The timetable certainly reads that way. I think you'd have to ask someone, call Airport Express: 02 622 3000 ext. 231, 233

Bangkok Airport - Train Timetable Route & Prices - bangkokairporttrain.com
    In the end I got Noy to make a Phone call for me and found they spoke very good English. They run on the Hour Every Hour Express from Phaya Thai on Sukhumvit Line. 90 B each way and takes about 17 mins. I called 1690 for this info.

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    In the end I got Noy to make a Phone call for me and found they spoke very good English. They run on the Hour Every Hour Express from Phaya Thai on Sukhumvit Line. 90 B each way and takes about 17 mins. I called 1690 for this info.
    Did you find out why the timetable was so mis-leading?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Unfortunately dosn't work for me coming or going, as both of my flights arrive or depart after midnight, and the train dosn't run that late.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Thai-Spy
    The official website is here (English version):
    Airport Rail Link

Unfortunately the links to the timetables don't seem to work in the English version.

But the Express Train runs 06:00-24:00 with departures every 15 minutes.

The CityLink Train is also quite good. Even though it makes all the stops, it's only an extra 10 minutes each way and it's a fair bit cheaper. The schedules online are bilingual.
    Outbound to airport: Airport Rail Link
    Inbound from airport: Airport Rail Link