Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By contrarian
  • 1 Post By G4orce

Thread: Bangkok tailor recommendations

Foundation Member Cadet Gold

Bangkok tailor recommendations

Any recommendations for a high quality tailor in Bangkok for business suits?
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    No... But I know a good Tuk Tuk driver 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Moon river on Sukhumvhit next to Sheraton Hotel. Not the cheapest but very very good. They have won me. Watch out for Flamboyant Indian and the inside leg measurement.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Thanks Jonty...link below if anyone is interested. Sorry PBB, doesn't look like they make wedding dresses.

Moonriverbyvj
    Crown tailor likes this.
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
    Thanks Jonty...link below if anyone is interested. Sorry PBB, doesn't look like they make wedding dresses.

Moonriverbyvj
    Au Contraire Mr Contraire...
    Tell 'em there's a Weddin' a transpirin' and see 'em jump to it...555
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I think when it comes to Tailors, there is no exact rule, I am sure that most of the suit/shirts ect are made in the same place any way. My rule is to just stick away from the big stores and don't go to any with a Tuk Tuk driver and i try to avoid the Indian's (but i do that throughout Thailand). TBH, I have not seen any bad work from any Tailors in Thailand, I am sure there has been a lot of bad work but I have personally not seen it. Most will make repairs if you has any issues so just check the work before you leave.

My guess would be the tailors around the touristy areas will be more expensive as a rule but make sure you wear your bartering Underware on the day as they will all reduce their prices dramatically.
    Crown tailor likes this.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I think when it comes to Tailors, there is no exact rule, I am sure that most of the suit/shirts ect are made in the same place any way. My rule is to just stick away from the big stores and don't go to any with a Tuk Tuk driver and i try to avoid the Indian's (but i do that throughout Thailand). TBH, I have not seen any bad work from any Tailors in Thailand, I am sure there has been a lot of bad work but I have personally not seen it. Most will make repairs if you has any issues so just check the work before you leave.

My guess would be the tailors around the touristy areas will be more expensive as a rule but make sure you wear your bartering Underware on the day as they will all reduce their prices dramatically.
    A lot are made in the same place just arguing over price.
    My last one was bought from a shop in MBK.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Nice BM name Crown!!!!.... relation of yours perhaps?
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

and his out of here......

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    George the Tailor on Sukhumvit Soi 15 - gets mentioned alot in these type of "threads"

I got a suit and pants there the first time circa 2007 - just good enough to make me go back the second time late in 2011
    Regretted it.
    Poor quality, poor value, poor service, poor fit = AVOID !!!

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I think when it comes to Tailors, there is no exact rule, I am sure that most of the suit/shirts ect are made in the same place any way. ......

Agree, it is hit and miss - I got two pairs of pants made in Karon in 2003 - random tailor shop on the beach road - worn them regularly ever since in the summer months.
    Still the best tailored clothes I have ever had !!

Enjoy
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I have a good Tailor but in Pattaya.

First trip I got a couple of pair silk trowsers for work, nice and light so cool here in the heat.
    Excelent fit, good quality, even have those little grip strips on the inside of the waist band.

On the last trip I got 3 more. Once again excelent, and good service as well.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

This time around I am going to get a couple short sleeve shirts made up. I have a lot of long sleeved but have found over time I do need something for the hotter days as well. I will be doing the lucky dip, just pick one and hope for the best. I will never go to a place I have been taken by a driver...

andy
    I am a big fan of Tom's Fashion. His website is TomsFashion.com and the address is 19, Soi Preeda, Sukhumvit Soi 8, Bangkok 10110, Thailand

"Best service I can remember getting while shopping. Very friendly and helpful. I wasn't sure about how to pick options for a custom tailored suit, but they took me through it step-by-step. Amazing product! I am extremely happy with the way my suits, pants and shirts came out and will definately be ordering more in the future. They also have excellent ties."

A very late reply but...
    I use Rajawongse Clothier... Jesse and Victor.
    A bit pricey but man can they make some decent suits and shirts....

All the top US diplomat, high ranking officers, C level VP's of large corporations and every single US presidents starting with Ronald Reagan have visited and had their suits made from them. You can see their business cards and their pictures with Jesse and Victor on their walls... pretty neat stuff...

yes, cheesy URL, I know... but they are really good and very professional.

Rajawongse Clothier - Dress For Success!
    Last edited by bunga; 28th July 2012 at 08:41.

Guy
    Good to know. I wanted get a suite made but did find any good tailor.

If there are any more please keep them coming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD