Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Thai Food on the Suk

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Thai Food on the Suk

Last couple times I have stayed on Sukhumvit Rd I have struggled to find good Thai food to eat. Can anyone recommend a good place to get Thai food around that area? There is pleanty of Arabic or Indian food around there but very little Thai. I did find a nice restaurant on the ground floor of Maxim Hotel on I think Soi 7/1 (there was a nice looking BJ Bar down there ) but cant go there every day as the selection is small.

A suggestion of good Thai restaurants a short Taxi trip away would also be handy as i dont want to go to a "Tuk Tuk" Restaurant

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Sukhumvit Rd is one of the longest roads in the country... 400+ klm 555
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Sukhumvit Rd is one of the longest roads in the country... 400+ klm 555
    good point lol. Between Soi 1 and 23 area...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Last couple times I have stayed on Sukhumvit Rd I have struggled to find good Thai food to eat. Can anyone recommend a good place to get Thai food around that area? There is pleanty of Arabic or Indian food around there but very little Thai. I did find a nice restaurant on the ground floor of Maxim Hotel on I think Soi 7/1 (there was a nice looking BJ Bar down there ) but cant go there every day as the selection is small.

A suggestion of good Thai restaurants a short Taxi trip away would also be handy as i dont want to go to a "Tuk Tuk" Restaurant
    BJ Bar? Oh I think I get it, you cant go there too often because?
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Cabbages and Condoms was good, it is a very large 2 storey, I don't remember the address, it was down a lane
    off Suk about 1/2 way between Cowboy and Naana the same side as Nanna.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

On Soi 7 about 100 yards from the Suk there is a large Thai food Court eating area. Went there a few times for good (not expensive) Thai food...

Sukhumvit Soi 7 Food Court, Bangkok, Thailand - Restaurants - VirtualTourist

My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post

I hope as you teach Noy English you provide extra lessons on paragraphs...555
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Can't remember the soi but it is on the other side of Suk from soi 4.....Thought it might be 7????
    There is a permanent but dingy like food court ...Stemed chicken pork noodle soup etc.
    We ate there about 5 times food was fantastic far better than appearances.
    had whole fish hot pot one night ferkin fan tactic and pad kra pow arroy.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Can't remember the soi but it is on the other side of Suk from soi 4.....Thought it might be 7????
    There is a permanent but dingy like food court ...Stemed chicken pork noodle soup etc.
    We ate there about 5 times food was fantastic far better than appearances.
    had whole fish hot pot one night ferkin fan tactic and pad kra pow arroy.
    Probably the same one I went to Wabbits in Soi 7. I guess it was a little dingy... but lots of tables... and as you say the food was good... Once you get past Soi 23, there are a lot more Thai eating places...
    Last edited by Quarky; 19th February 2012 at 22:58.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Probably the same one I went to Wabbits in Soi 7. I guess it was a little dingy... but lots of tables... and as you say the food was good... Once you get past Soi 23 there area lot more Thai eating places...
    Will give the place a look see in a week or so...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Number one choice off Suk would be Soi 22 - 300 metres down on the left hand side Raam Derm restaurant - I have been getting good Thai food there for over a decade.

Couple of good places on Soi 8 - one on the left and then one on the right further along - have not checked them out for a year or two....

The one time I went to the Lemongrass on Soi 24 was enough to make sure I never went back - the staff were rude and the food was rubbish - it still gets good reviews on trip advisor - go figure.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Soi 38 next to the BTS... after dark has the biggest bunch of Thai food stalls pop up... 90% Thais eat there, but also Farangs who know about it as it's away from tourist area... great cheap Thai food...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Soi 38 next to the BTS... after dark has the biggest bunch of Thai food stalls pop up... 90% Thais eat there, but also Farangs who know about it as it's away from tourist area... great cheap Thai food...
    Early-ish in the evening, same same at On Nut BTS on the side opposite the Tesco complex. Lots of good food feeding the office workers on their ways home, you can get a beer in several places there also. Plastic tables and chairs, no aircon, nothing fancy but the food is good (and the beer is cold if they put enough ice in it LOL)
    Life is the unexpected ...

Thanks Guys for all the help i guess we could extend the area to Soi 30 or similar as i am now going to stay on Soi 22. We be good to discover another area. i dont care what the place/restaurant looks like as long as the food is good. I have no issues sitting on a place chair(as long as it doesn't colapse under me 555) sweating due to now air flow. as long as My lips are burning and stomach is satisfied

Soi 22... plenty of places to eat around there. Soi 22, 24, 26 (Emporium near there as well). Soi 33 is full of farang restaurants and bars.... but inbetween there is loads of Thai stuff. Nice park there as well to wander around... next to Emporium.