Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Another Bangkok Hotel Question

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Another Bangkok Hotel Question

Going to be in Bangkok early June this year, will be staying 5 days, usually stay at the Dawin on Soi 4(Nana) and have been very happy there. Can anyone tell be a better place to stay for similar money ?
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Going to be in Bangkok early June this year, will be staying 5 days, usually stay at the Dawin on Soi 4(Nana) and have been very happy there. Can anyone tell be a better place to stay for similar money ?
    For me you can't get a better location than Soi 4 (mind you i haven't stayed anywhere else). Dawin is great value and a favourite of mine.
    If you chasing something cheaper on the Soi, i found Blanket and Bean to be nice enough for 1200-1400 baht.

When staying in this area, I stay at Grand Sukhumvit (4+ star). With Accor membership, typically pay A$70 to $80 per night.

Lately, been staying at Novotel Fenix Silom for around $40 to $50, and similar standard to Grand Sukhumvit.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Depends what entertainment your chasing as to where you stay I suppose.
    Soi 4 has plenty of that.

Citrus on 22 will be us for awhile 50.oo or so a night but location is good for us mainly we know all the good places to eat.
    Depends on what you want around you I think.

If in the Soi 4 area I like this place... Aspen Suites | Boutique Serviced Apartment Hotel in Sukhumvit, Bangkok

Though I prefer Soi 23 and upwards nowadays and really like Bangkok Serviced Apartment | Official Site Citadines Sukhumvit 23 Bangkok

My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    If in the Soi 4 area I like this place... Aspen Suites | Boutique Serviced Apartment Hotel in Sukhumvit, Bangkok

Though I prefer Soi 23 and upwards nowadays and really like Bangkok Serviced Apartment | Official Site Citadines Sukhumvit 23 Bangkok ...
    Looks very nice for $A80/ 2400 a night for the one-bedroom - is it walking distance to Cowboy, the map puts it right alongside Cowboy but then the site also says its a 5-minute Tuk tuk ride to Asok BTS ??
    Life is the unexpected ...

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Looks very nice for $A80/ 2400 a night for the one-bedroom - is it walking distance to Cowboy, the map puts it right alongside Cowboy but then the site also says its a 5-minute Tuk tuk ride to Asok BTS ??
    I've never paid more than 1800 baht for Citadines. Usually via Agoda. Always discounts on. It's about 200 metres from Soi Cowboy. A 2 to 3 minute stroll...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

I like Majestic Grand, just across the road from Annies..

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    The Jonty mansion in Silom is my choice. 1 star all the way

The laundry

The magnificent view.

The well appointed kitchen (Cooking loom)..

Please note that the dunny roll is for the kitchen not the bathroom. If the loo even sees Toilet paper it will block up.

Comes with a cousin and best friend that does you a favour by living there free of charge and taking care of it. All in 18 square metres
    wabbits, Quarky, Minder and 1 others like this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

...and that star is for being well-located .....555

(Loved the abandoned toilet roll holder being used as a hanger for an air-freshener)

Are you the owner or renting, if owner can I ask what the original cost was and the ongoings, if renting ...well...same sort of question.... current rent and other costs?
    jontymate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I've never paid more than 1800 baht for Citadines. Usually via Agoda. Always discounts on. It's about 200 metres from Soi Cowboy. A 2 to 3 minute stroll...
    Big fan of Agoda myself for advance bookings .... have done better with last minute stuff booking direct ... but big thumbs up for Agoda on advance stuff.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Big fan of Agoda myself for advance bookings .... have done better with last minute stuff booking direct ... but big thumbs up for Agoda on advance stuff.
    I tend to use Agoda nearly everytime now, except last trip to Phuket, as could not book Expat Hotel through them.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

...and that star is for being well-located .....555

(Loved the abandoned toilet roll holder being used as a hanger for an air-freshener)

Are you the owner or renting, if owner can I ask what the original cost was and the ongoings, if renting ...well...same sort of question.... current rent and other costs?
    Bought it 5 years ago THB 820 K ongoings about 3K a month for security etc could rent for 12 K a month so not the best investment. The girls living there pay the utilities and cover the 3 K.

It is a top spot though.

I bought to show Dao I was serious..... she was after a car for the family that now would be a bucket of bolts. But now of course is was her that had the great idea.
    Last edited by jontymate; 16th April 2012 at 18:03.
    Minder likes this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Bought it 5 years ago THB 820 K ongoings about 3K a month for security etc could rent for 12 K a month so not the best investment. The girls living there pay the utilities and cover the 3 K.

It is a top spot though.

I bought to show Dao I was serious..... she was after a car for the family that now would be a bucket of bolts. But now of course is was her that had the great idea.
    That would be a net yield of over 10%. Much better than you will get on property in Oz.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

...I bought to show Dao I was serious..... she was after a car for the family that now would be a bucket of bolts. But now of course is was her that had the great idea.
    I know all about this type of TG repositioning ... I really do.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by NamTanMot View Post
    That would be a net yield of over 10%. Much better than you will get on property in Oz.
    Nam I was referring to the "Real" ROCE (adjusted for having a Thai family) 55

Nam I was referring to the "Real" ROCE (adjusted for having a Thai family) 55
    Wrong acronym...ROECE. Return on emotional capital employed.

Although, I am sure the Real Return is the smile on your face most nights when you walk in the door to see Dao!!!
    jontymate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NamTanMot View Post
    Wrong acronym...ROECE. Return on emotional capital employed.

Although, I am sure the Real Return is the smile on your face most nights when you walk in the door to see Dao!!!
    Very much true Nam. The emotional capital. Or the Nam Jai capital employed also. The not so measurable return. I bet if we really tried hard, collectively to measure it through complex maths we could. Then if it was a must ... we just do not get it.

But still I am perplexed. If I stay there for a few days in the month at all. I am responsible for the power bill as I use the AC.
    Last edited by jontymate; 18th April 2012 at 21:08.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Depends what entertainment your chasing as to where you stay I suppose.
    Soi 4 has plenty of that.

Citrus on 22 will be us for awhile 50.oo or so a night but location is good for us mainly we know all the good places to eat.
    Depends on what you want around you I think.
    Wabbs, now that Citrus on 22 is no longer operating where do you stay?
    Have you tried Citrus on 13?

Is that The Continent Bangkok by Compass Hospitality (same group as Citrus)?

Park Plaza does look nice!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast