Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By PatongBeachBoy
  • 1 Post By wabbits
  • 1 Post By Quarky

Thread: Where would you live in BKK?

Where would you live in BKK?

I'm looking at spending 2-3 months in LOS this year and possibly 6 months or more next year. This year will be in BKK, yet I expect next year will be somewhere like Hua Hin or Bang Saen, yet possibly BKK again.

Interested in BM thoughts on where they would rent in BKK if they were staying for an extended period of time. My thinking at the moment is close to Lumphini Park as it is a bit of an oasis...good for relaxing and exercising, yet still central and close to trains.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I would probably look around china town.... The area is quiet grungy (which I like) and I'm guessing the cost of an apartment would be cheaper than the more modern areas...
    Some of the best eating can also be found here...
    NamTanMot likes this.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Lived on soi 22 closer to the Rama IV end and would do it again.
    Big C, tesco, very close and the Farang shopping centre ajacent to it on Soi 26
    Not far off Suk if needed.
    Everything that is to far to walk to is either a 30bt Motorbike taki or a 50 bt taxi ride away...Speaking locally.
    Bars, shopping, massage, relaxing.
    Limpini not far but also the other park next to the emporium that I alway forget it name.
    Soi 20 was a fav for us to walk to as there is a great Italian and German bread and good Thai...But good Thai is everywhere about anyway.
    NamTanMot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Lived on soi 22 closer to the Rama IV end and would do it again.
    Big C, tesco, very close and the Farang shopping centre ajacent to it on Soi 26
    Not far off Suk if needed.
    Everything that is to far to walk to is either a 30bt Motorbike taki or a 50 bt taxi ride away...Speaking locally.
    Bars, shopping, massage, relaxing.
    Limpini not far but also the other park next to the emporium that I alway forget it name.
    Soi 20 was a fav for us to walk to as there is a great Italian and German bread and good Thai...But good Thai is everywhere about anyway.
    I lived in Soi 36 for a while but would probably prefer around Soi 24 to Soi 22 area like where Wabbits stayed as near everything.

I stayed here... starts from 11,000 baht a month if staying a year. 13,000 baht if 3 months. Aircon, internet, kitchen, bathroom, lots of TV channels etc.

Rung Aroon Mansion Apartments in Bangkok

NamTanMot likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Nice looking unit DP and not hard to find for this sort of money.
    When i was initially looking i wanted to make sure i had a good kitchen and got one

Had a cook top etc but never used power point for jug and a microwave and a fridge is all you will ever need.