Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By PatongBeachBoy
  • 2 Post By jontymate

Thread: Tell us where you go shopping

Tell us where you go shopping

Hi all i want you all to tell me where the best shopping you have found is.

My job will be to add my hot spots and seek out places to find the good bargains

Look forward to your input.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Bo Bai tower and JJ market for me.....
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    never been to either PBB where in BKK?

Chatuchak Weekend Market - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia commonly known as jj market at Mo Chit station (last stop) on the BTS or Chatuchak station on the MRT....
    And BoBae tower is not far from Khao San rd.... Bobae Market / Bobae Tower in Bangkok - Thailand Travel Information
    wabbits and bobless like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    The mother of all IT shops, the entirety of Pantip Plaza is dedicated to computer and technology items. The multistory shopping centre on Petchaburi Road offers a wide selection of stores, selling everything from computers and computer-related accessories, including; parts, printers, digital cameras, MP3 players, PDAs, and much more.

Last edited by jontymate; 24th April 2012 at 17:42.
    PatongBeachBoy and bobless like this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

MBK, in BKK for everything, food, clothing leather goods, phones, food (did I tell you already?), and best food-court in the whole World!

In Chiang Mai, Airport Central Plaza is pretty good. Food court is awesome but NOT as good as MBK....
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

bobless
    Yes been here Jonty actually witnessed two Thai men fighting in here dont know what over but it caused quite a stir lol

bobless
    And been to weekend market also loved it and merchant market too in fact i love all the markets in BKK

Went into Pantip on Friday. Luckily I wasn't in a hurry and ventured to the top floor. Was looking at battery powered wireless router...2950 on 1st and 2nd floor, and only willing to give small discount, whereas list price on highest two floors was 2550 and were offering 2400 without much discussion. BTW, around twice the price in Australia,

Computers seem to be around same price as Australia.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NamTanMot View Post
    Went into Pantip on Friday. Luckily I wasn't in a hurry and ventured to the top floor. Was looking at battery powered wireless router...2950 on 1st and 2nd floor, and only willing to give small discount, whereas list price on highest two floors was 2550 and were offering 2400 without much discussion. BTW, around twice the price in Australia,

Computers seem to be around same price as Australia.
    PC's are same same. The savings are to made on the smaller items. Card readers etc. . But really nothing that you can not buy on ebay now. Still cheaper for all thing tech then MBK. This is where the uni students shop. Or the ones with farang in the family 555

Did you not pick up some Thai Karaoke disc?
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    PC's are same same. The savings are to made on the smaller items. Card readers etc. . But really nothing that you can not buy on ebay now. Still cheaper for all thing tech then MBK. This is where the uni students shop. Or the ones with farang in the family 555

Did you not pick up some Thai Karaoke disc?
    I buy all my pirate DVD's from Panthip....

555...no Karaoke, but did not escape without buying a CD.
    I won the sperm-egg lottery. Invest wisely, spend carefully and give generously.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Pratunam is great. but mostly outside with no aircon. Good prices and better prices for bulk. Right under Bai York tower. Noy loves this place but I have to set a limit for here 555.

I will never go to MBK for shopping again, too many bad experiences and rude staff. I asked one person where the closet toilet was and they would not tell me because i did not buy anything...