Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Bar 4 Bangkok

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Bar 4 Bangkok

Caught up with AM earlier this week at Bar 4 which is located on the opposite side of the road to Nana Entertainment Plaza in Bangkok, just down the road 50 metres or so, I think it was Monday afternoon about 3pm when we decided to have a couple of beers, goto say AM likes a beer and you dont have to ask me twice for a drink as I am a beer drinker from way back.

Anyway AM could only stay until about 7pm then he had to catch the train back to the outer suburbs of Bangkok to meet Mrs AM, me still enjoying the night decided to stay on, my mate from Aust had come down for a drink by now and the night was still young 555. Our TG's had gone back to the room to eat and shower so we kept drinking, enjoying the music and the girls at the bar 555

Must of been about 9pm when the owner of the bar(Mark) come and said hello, he is an Aussie Expat who has called Thailand home for many years, he still has a bar in Pattaya as well as Bar 4, he used to have a bar in Cowboy aswell but has since sold, we continued drinking with him for an hour or so then he asked if we had been to Nana Plaza this trip, as we hadnt he said finish your drinks, where going to see some real girls 555

I thought it was great that a bloke I had only just met took us from drinking in his bar out of the bar to a Go Go to show us the girls, it was obviously not his first time at this Go Go, we were ushered to the front seats and treated like royalty 555 Girls were great and alot of fun, stayed there until about 1130pm when my phone was ringing, where you ?, i at bar and you not there 555 We snuck back down the elevator to meet our girls, they were happy to see us but not happy where we were 555 Well 1 more drink at Big Dog Bar and I couldnt drink anymore 555 Called it a night at midnight and staggered back to the Dawin 555

So if anyone wants a drinking spot in Soi Nana, Bar 4 is great, hopefully Mark will read this $$$
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Good to see you home safe and sound Rivo, and had a good time catching up, those beers were really flowing. Catching that train back to get back before TG is a story in itself which I will add to the TR, but must say should have been in deep shyte but somehow wasn't but it was a slow day on Tuesday. How many times did I say better go, and then cracked another beer 555. you weren't much help there 555. Cheers mate a good time had.

Oops nearly forgot like Bar 4 too.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Foundation Member Uber Star quiksilva's Avatar
    Will be back in BKK mid July and sure to stop in.
    Generally stuck to Hillary 2 but since reading all the positives reports I will be relocating.

Dawin - big fan.

Cadet silver
    staggered back to the Dawin
    Nice place for the price. Stayed there for a few days a couple of years ago when the volcano ash cloud left me stranded in LOS. It was also just a week or two before it really kicked off with the redshirts. In total I was stuck there for an extra 10 days (in Thailand not Bangkok), nightmare eh. Ever since then I've done a volcano dance as soon as I arrive in LOS 5555

Steve
    justcruzing1 and G4orce like this.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    We should have stayed at he Darwin....But our new home in BKK is Citrus on soi 22
    G4orce likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Good to see you home safe and sound Rivo, and had a good time catching up, those beers were really flowing. Catching that train back to get back before TG is a story in itself which I will add to the TR, but must say should have been in deep shyte but somehow wasn't but it was a slow day on Tuesday. How many times did I say better go, and then cracked another beer 555. you weren't much help there 555. Cheers mate a good time had.

Oops nearly forgot like Bar 4 too.

Lucky you left when you did AM, otherwise youd be stuck in the Go Go's with us, then you would have been in even deeper shyte 555

Saved from a hangover by a midnight 70 Baht kebab from out the front of Nana 555

Quote Originally Posted by quiksilva View Post
    Generally stuck to Hillary 2 but since reading all the positives reports I will be relocating.

Dawin - big fan.

Stayed at the Dawin at the beginning of our trip for 4 nights, wanted to book in advance for the return after our trip up to Issan, they couldnt match the price of Agoda, WTF, they told us to book through Agoda again so we did, another 4 nights at the end, still hard to beat the Dawin IMO.

BTW used there pool for for the first time this trip, its on the top floor, stayed there 6 times now and arnt game to try anywhere else 555

This is the way to drink AM, only staying for 2 Heinekens 555

Arliss Michaels likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    I think that was the problem I was drinking 6 Tigers to make up for your one Heineken 555

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Stayed at the Dawin at the beginning of our trip for 4 nights, wanted to book in advance for the return after our trip up to Issan, they couldnt match the price of Agoda, WTF, they told us to book through Agoda again so we did, another 4 nights at the end, still hard to beat the Dawin IMO.

BTW used there pool for for the first time this trip, its on the top floor, stayed there 6 times now and arnt game to try anywhere else 555
    Strange with the pricing. Pretty sure they were on par when I checked for my upcoming stay.

Enjoy the pool and looking forward to my third stay there. Superior room again.

And Bar4 I will be there :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    I think that was the problem I was drinking 6 Tigers to make up for your one Heineken 555
    Was the beer tower at Bar4?

Was the beer tower at Bar4?

No, was in Bangkok though $$$

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Dawin - big fan.
    I have to say I enjoyed Hilary 2 last time I went but the first time I was not a fan. Last time around there was this drop dead Stunning girl with great big fakies that I could not stop looking at. To top it off she was great at pool. I had a game against her strategically placing to white ball so she has to lean over the table and reach a long way

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Sounds like my kinda monday Rivo...555
    Must admit, had I been lucky enough to be there I may have been in the same kind of bind as AM though...but you never know how far your luck will stretch.
    Where did you guys go in Nana plaza?
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Caught up with some BM's at Kamala last night, in Chob and Zablive and had a very enjoyable time. Unfortunatley TG was not on a Issan drive this time and as a TG does took it literal that when I said would be finished at bar about 9, 9.30ish, and turned up to pick me up on the chime of nine. , just as we we were warming to task, and involved in some great conversation. Hope to catch up with the boys again before leave on Wednesday.

Kamala Aussie Pub good spot.
    Last edited by Arliss Michaels; 30th June 2012 at 20:35.
    G4orce likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    So if anyone wants a drinking spot in Soi Nana, Bar 4 is great, hopefully Mark will read this...

Ummm you have just done my head in, I like drinking and I have read it

Kamala Aussie Pub good spot. No worries AM.......
    Last edited by Spot; 1st July 2012 at 15:24.
    Bar Four likes this.
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Has Hillary 2 now gone open plan? I am sure you couldn't see into it previously... and now it looks all open and you can see the pool tables when walking past?

Sorry I couldn't meet you guys on Monday. You were 3 days too late for me... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Has Hillary 2 now gone open plan? I am sure you couldn't see into it previously... and now it looks all open and you can see the pool tables when walking past?

Sorry I couldn't meet you guys on Monday. You were 3 days too late for me... 555

Its been like that for over 12 months DP! I like the new layout, they have those cooler fans abover your head when sitting near the front garden, great spot and cool.

Yeah we just missed eachother DP! CM in January will be my next trip ATM

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    So is Bar 4 our home for a drink in BKK?
    Sounds alright.
    Bar Four likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    So is Bar 4 our home for a drink in BKK?
    Sounds alright.
    If they sign up as a sponsor here, could be the home base, chase em down Wabbs.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast