Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Hotels or apartments?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar

Hotels or apartments?

I have been looking at suggested hotels and apartments in Bangkok. I like the look of some of the apartments but I am not sure if it is really what we need. The main benefit of apartments is that you can cater for yourself, with most of the equipment being provided. Very handy when holidaying in Europe where going out for meals can be expensive but, why bother cooking when eating out is cheap in Bkk.
    I wonder what other BM's feel about this. Do you like the freedom of an apartment or do you prefer being in a hotel?

^Depends how long I am in Bangkok. When I was there for 3 months, an apartment was ideal. Less than a month I'd prefer a hotel or serviced apartment...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

I think some of these serviced apartments aren't much different than hotels in some respect. Some have 24hour front desks and even restaurants.
    I suppose you get that holiday feeling when staying in a hotel, more so than apartments.

How long are you planning to be in Bangkok Rockitt?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    If you get something like Spot got on his last trip , it costs the same and is far more spacious.
    Im an erratic sleeper , so value having a seperate room for the TV , whether its for a tg watching her soaps , or me watching Discovery at 2am.
    I think you'll use a kitchen more than you think , particularly breakfast , and the tg likes nothing more than heating up something smelly she just killed and dragged in...
    Nobody talks to each other in Hotels anymore , do they?

Probably 4 or 5 days max. Then move on to Phuket or Patts. I have seen apartments available for daily bookings so we have the choice of either.

Chobs, yes the big city hotels can be very 'cold' . You can share a lift with people and the silence can be painful. 555

Bangkok Serviced Apartments | Official Site Citadines Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok are quite good as have a separate sleeping area with a kitchenette etc... and have hotels on Suk Soi 8, 11, 16 and 23...

Cheaper booking via Agoda or similar usually...