Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to stay on The Suk (Sukumvit rd)

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Where to stay on The Suk (Sukumvit rd)

Hey guys looking for a hotel for my June trip. I want to explore a little more of the nightlife, as is Night clubs/discos. Got the GF with me so not really interested in GoGo bars. Might go to one or two hehehe, She enjoys them as well. As I will be getting the Visa Organised I would like to be close to that or BTS to get there. Don't want to spend too much(1000 - 2000 a night) as dont plan on spending much time in the room and will need shopping so that I can but Warm clothes as Noy will be coming to Australia in the middle of Winter (Poor Girl, will be a shock to the sytem).

I don't know too much in the way on Bangkok so which Soi's are good to see for the Nightlife side of things and Accommodation-wise etc. Good place for Clothes shopping for warmer clothes for a TG. I noticed MBK looked like it was more aimed for the Touists

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Hey guys looking for a hotel for my June trip. I want to explore a little more of the nightlife, as is Night clubs/discos. Got the GF with me so not really interested in GoGo bars. Might go to one or two hehehe, She enjoys them as well. As I will be getting the Visa Organised I would like to be close to that or BTS to get there. Don't want to spend too much(1000 - 2000 a night) as dont plan on spending much time in the room and will need shopping so that I can but Warm clothes as Noy will be coming to Australia in the middle of Winter (Poor Girl, will be a shock to the sytem).

I don't know too much in the way on Bangkok so which Soi's are good to see for the Nightlife side of things and Accommodation-wise etc. Good place for Clothes shopping for warmer clothes for a TG. I noticed MBK looked like it was more aimed for the Touists
    MBK is ok just need to bargain hard and be happy to walk away, have had some great deals there.
    Large enough for you to find what you need, elsewhere may not help you with the cold weather cloths as they may not cater to tourists.
    Hotels somewhere between Soi 20 to 26 would suit most likely there has been a couple of mentions by captain Rob might be worth looking at.
    I stayed at Tara on Soi 26 was nice but may be better value out there.

Jo and I booked in here Bangkok Boutique Hotel - Bangkok,Thailand for 3 nights next week. Jo selected it as for proximity to shops and BTS. Bt 1400 per night incl.tax, no breakfast.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    There's a place right next to Pantip, cant remember what it was called but it had the "fashion capital of the world" as its slogan.... lots of choice there... The visa centre is a little bit away from Suk, I think you might have to change trains on the BTS.... no real biggy

Can book though the link on our site also think i will be a go for here next trip as it looks nice and in the right spot for me.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    The visa centre is a little bit away from Suk, I think you might have to change trains on the BTS.... no real biggy
    Yeah no real biggy, I only plan on going there once (on this trip ne way) and dont mnd changing trains. I am getting good at this public transport this....5555

Thanks Rob I like the look of that place and Wabs may have to give the link a good.

Citadines Sukhumvit 23 Bangkok Bangkok Thailand - Best discount hotel rates

I liked this hotel for location and a nice stay. Near Cowboy and Soi 33 not far away. Emporium a 10 minute walk. Lots of shops and nightlife. Also near BTS.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I have stayed at Aspen suites on Soi 2 the last three times in BKK with Mrs.
    Friendly efficient clean and handy for most places.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

I actually like the sound of a lot of these places all in different locations, now makes it hard to choose what to do. Go for location or go for what looks better for the money spent.

How long would it take to walk from soi 2 to Cowboy? Or is this a tuk tuk trip away? Sorry I really don't know much about Bangkok. I Have been there twice now but only for a couple nights and did not venture around very much

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Aspen Suites is my hotel of choice when staying in the Soi 2/4 area...

I actually like the sound of a lot of these places all in different locations, now makes it hard to choose what to do. Go for location or go for what looks better for the money spent.

How long would it take to walk from soi 2 to Cowboy? Or is this a tuk tuk trip away? Sorry I really don't know much about Bangkok. I Have been there twice now but only for a couple nights and did not venture around very much
    Walking from Soi 2 to Cowboy is a 20 minute fast walk or 30 minute casual stroll... or a 5 minute tuk tuk.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Can you get from Soi 2 to Soi 6 directly or do you have to go down to Sukhumvik then back up Soi 4 to Soi 6?

Can you get from Soi 2 to Soi 6 directly or do you have to go down to Sukhumvik then back up Soi 4 to Soi 6?
    You can cut across in front of Annies massage from Soi 2 to Soi 4... and Soi 6 entrance is just there...

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    You can cut across in front of Annies massage from Soi 2 to Soi 4... and Soi 6 entrance is just there...
    Thanks mate, Looks like Aspen my be the way to go then. I like the idea of the Kitchen in the room so we can have home cooked Thai

Thanks mate, Looks like Aspen my be the way to go then. I like the idea of the Kitchen in the room so we can have home cooked Thai
    Yeah, it's very handy. Staff always seemed friendly too...

I just love the big rooms and nice TVs.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    I like the Dawin on Soi 4(Nana) only 2/3 years old, GF, walking distance to the nightlife, train etc. I paid around 2000Baht per night in January 2011, does not include breakfast was the only thing I could pick, the breakfast was available and very good
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rivo; 27th February 2011 at 13:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    I like the Dawin on Soi 4(Nana) only 2/3 years old, GF, walking distance to the nightlife, train etc. I paid around 2000Baht per night in January 2011, does not include breakfast was the only thing I could pick, the breakfast was available and very good
    Stopped and had lunch there one day Yellow Curry for me and yes was not bad.
    I remember this Thai girl there who had a nose job....but far from enhance the way she looked made her look like a Avatar.

Yeah i was tossing up between Dawin and Aspen. My mate choose Dawin so i thought i would do something different

Yeah i was tossing up between Dawin and Aspen. My mate choose Dawin so i thought i would do something different
    They are both good. I think Aspen has more space in the rooms... but Dawin's pool is better...

I have to say I am a big lover on President Palace Now. I stayed there in a Club Deluxe room. It was soo big that you could almost throw a party in there. I like the Club lounge where you could have breakfast away from the rest of the Hotel, The free drinks and other offers and the pool was great. Only issue i see is that it is a little expensive. I would consider staying in the cheaper "Standard rooms" as I like the hotel and location.

I have also stayed at Dawin and I was personally impressed. Smaller then President Palace but very nice and had a new feel to it. I personally was not a fan of Aspen Suites but i had a coupel bad experiences with the staff and the bed being on wheels and not staying in the one place 555

At Citrus on soi 22 very happy location room and service and the pool is not stupid with chlorine.
    Will stay again and will write a full report.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast