Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Flights between Don Muang & Suvarnabhuni - WTF

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Flights between Don Muang & Suvarnabhuni - WTF

Flights between Don Muang & Suvarnabhuni
    THAI Begins Flights From Don Muang To Suvarnabhumi for those going to wrong airport -

New service aimed at foreigners who went to wrong airport by mistake

BANGKOK – Thai Airways today announced the launch of service between Bangkok’s Don Muang Airport and Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport. Beginning April 30, passengers can fly six times daily from one side of Bangkok to the other in under an hour.

“Last year alone we had over 10,000 passengers who went to the wrong airport by mistake, only to discover that they were in danger of missing their flight,” said a THAI spokesperson. “Now they can simply fly to the correct one and make an easy connecting flight through the transit lounge.”

By checking into the intra-airport flights, passengers will have their baggage checked all the way through to their final destination, as well as have their place on their connecting flight secured.

Using small, propeller-driven ATR-72 planes, the intra-city flights will take off once every two hours from 6am to 6pm, and make the return trip one hour later. The actual flying time is about four minutes and 30 seconds.

The low-flying planes will also offer passengers exquisite but brief views of Bangkok’s most famous sights.

The introductory fare for a one-way trip is Bt499. However, with taxes and fuel surcharges, the actual price will be Bt7,980.
    Just read this, Is this supposed to be a joke or what?

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Just read this, Is this supposed to be a joke or what?
    Hilarious... quicker by taxi isn't it?

April Fools?

G4orce... what are you doing up in the middle of the night? Do you work nightshifts?

I think it was actually from a Joke site or something, i found it on another Forum. It is much cheaper and would think quicker by taxi 555. Just thought it would be good for a laugh.

I am a shift worker and am on Night shift tonight. The forum is one of the only things not blocked from the work computer. Good to see someone is still awake to keep me going 555, Really hit a wall ATM and still got 4 hours til i can leave and catch a train Another can of V about to be opened

I think it was actually from a Joke site or something, i found it on another Forum. It is much cheaper and would think quicker by taxi 555. Just thought it would be good for a laugh.

I am a shift worker and am on Night shift tonight. The forum is one of the only things not blocked from the work computer. Good to see someone is still awake to keep me going 555, Really hit a wall ATM and still got 4 hours til i can leave and catch a train Another can of V about to be opened
    I was thinking maybe you are one of those people that only needs 2 or 3 hours sleep per night... 555

A few years ago I was that guy, But these days I need at least 5 a night to get me by 555. Being a shift worker my sleeping pattern is all over the shop and it really messes with the body but I like the idea off 5 days off in a row after 5 12 hour shifts at work.

A few years ago I was that guy, But these days I need at least 5 a night to get me by 555. Being a shift worker my sleeping pattern is all over the shop and it really messes with the body but I like the idea off 5 days off in a row after 5 12 hour shifts at work.
    I remember doing 12 hour night shifts when I was young... bugger that now... 555

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I remember doing 12 hour night shifts when I was young... bugger that now... 555
    I have been doing it for 3 years now and have gotten the hang of it now. I still consider myself as young being 25 so will make the most of it while I can still do it 555. My 10 year plan consists of me moving to management and back to Monday to Friday work

I have been doing it for 3 years now and have gotten the hang of it now. I still consider myself as young being 25 so will make the most of it while I can still do it 555. My 10 year plan consists of me moving to management and back to Monday to Friday work
    Fair enough. If you can handle it, no reason not to. Also helps to keep some Aussies on the forum through the night... 555