Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Help with BTS

Cadet Gold

Help with BTS

Fellas

I will be having a dirty weekend in Bangkok during my next trip. I've only been there once. During that time I walked everywhere.

This time I am staying at the Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel, opposite Soi 10. I will be travelling between Soi's 4, 23 and 24 (Nana, Cowboy and Massage alley). I will be there for 3 nights.

Which stations do I need and what are my options regarding tickets? Can I get a weekend travel pass? All of the stations on the map are in Thai.

Use 10 Bt coins or 20 Bt notes in machine ... easy as.

Here's a map in EN:

Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

You can walk those distances no trouble. No need to use BTS... I stayed soi 8 last trip and reached all those places in around ten mins from there...

Oops sorry noticed soi 24... yeah that's about a 20 min walk. No biggy though...
    Last edited by Quarky; 7th March 2015 at 21:34.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Cadet Gold
    Thanks for the map KaptainRob. So it's Nana, Asok and Phrom Phong I need.

DP, I would prefer to walk. Google maps says it would take 22 minutes, 1.8km. But I had used streetview to do a fly past. There looks to be a lot of nasty junctions that could take ages to get across. That not the case?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    by asking here you've denied yourself the opportunity to ask a cute LBFM or LB (or both 55) the way and chance to guide you
    Quarky likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Thanks for the map KaptainRob. So it's Nana, Asok and Phrom Phong I need.

DP, I would prefer to walk. Google maps says it would take 22 minutes, 1.8km. But I had used streetview to do a fly past. There looks to be a lot of nasty junctions that could take ages to get across. That not the case?
    I've walked the area a lot, so its second nature for me to know when to go up and when to go down... the only major junction is Asoke... but you can cross over pretty easy via the BTS steps... Unless you are in a hurry, it's a nice leisurely stroll... even to Soi 24 you go past Emporium...

Going along Sukhumvit from Nana towards Cowboy, its much quicker walking on the right hand side of the road... that's why I like Soi 8 over soi 11 these days.

There are various walkovers which get you from one side to the other of Sukhumvit... every few hundred yards..
    Last edited by Quarky; 7th March 2015 at 21:35.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Wannabe, when I stayed BKK I stayed near Soi 11. If your just looking at going the usual...Nanna Plaza and Cowboy it is easy enough to walk or take a moto taxi. Same for going a bit further.

The crossing the street can be a bit of a heart starter, but there are lights and the traffic can be gridlocked and you just walk thru. Watch for flying moto taxi's.

Walking from Nana to Cowboy it takes a bit of time getting thru the stalls on the footpath but can be fun as well. The quickest side is the right as your going down from Nana to Cowboy. Less stalls.
    If you are worried about changing over just walk to the Nana station and walk up over and down.

There is an underground walk at Asok that brings you up at Cowboy.

In the heat and humidity the moto taxi is a good choice if your more than 4 blocks away. Gets thru the traffic and only 50?100?? bt

Enjoy the trip, hope you do a TR for us
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Walking from Nana to Cowboy it takes a bit of time getting thru the stalls on the footpath but can be fun as well.
    one of the things i hate about BKK and other areas of LOS is the way walking space/footpaths is seen as a commercial opportunity to the locals.
    even my out of the way local village/s have stalls set up in parking space out front of 7/11's and other thoroughfares. they're just commercial squatters.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Yea moo, the one place I found that didn't was Korat.

The setting up outside 7/11 is smart business practice you have people with money come to spend.

The first time I walke in BKK I found it interesting, all the stalls, and lots of pretty vendors or girls walking in front.
    2nd time it was annoying as it seemed they wouldn't get out of the way and were slowing me down.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Cadet Gold
    OK, so I will walk from my hotel to Nana or Soi Cowboy in the evenings.

Is Soi 10 to Soi 24 still walkable for my morning massage?

OK, so I will walk from my hotel to Nana or Soi Cowboy in the evenings.

Is Soi 10 to Soi 24 still walkable for my morning massage?
    Well I have walked it a number of times.... no problem... and much further... up to Soi 36.

Cadet Gold
    Ok, nice one. Most of the decent massage places seem to be along Soi 24.

Ok, nice one. Most of the decent massage places seem to be along Soi 24.
    26, 24 and 24/1. Mango Massage, Cherry Massage, and Snow Whites are good starting points...

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    26, 24 and 24/1. Mango Massage, Cherry Massage, and Snow Whites are good starting points...
    That is not massage places it is brothels.....

Quote Originally Posted by anmeno View Post
    That is not massage places it is brothels.....
    I think thats what he is looking for in those Sois... 555

Cadet Gold

Wink

How dare you suggest such a thing!
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    I regularly walk from Asok to Prom Pong (less than 10 min), but would catch the BTS from Soi 10 (Nana) to go to Soi 24/26 (Prom Pong).

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    And keep your 1 Bt coins as the fares have increased and are not an even 20 Bt or 40 Bt for example, but 22 or 42 Bt etc, or you will have a pocket full of coins when you go to the change booth.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Well I have walked it a number of times.... no problem... and much further... up to Soi 36.
    It's not a bad walk at all.....

OP Crossing from one side of the Suk to the other, can be done at lights at Soi4/3, if you are down that way... and the overhead steps.... there are steps at the BTS stations Nana, and Asok as well as random pedestrian bridge/s along the way... no need at all to be dodging cars.. They have been on a bit of a mission of late, to clear the footpaths of vendors (sadly)... so there aren't as many as there once was. I think it is every other Monday, that there are NO footpath vendors at all now... and the days they are allowed, the vendors seem to be heavily regulated, compared to before.

I reckon the best shortcut if coming or going to/from soi 4, is via soi 6 and into soi 8 and vice versa...

I like the BTS... I think it is one of the few things in Thailand that actually works as intended... it is brilliant. It doesn't work to a timetable, but rather head ways... I think in Peak it is 4 minute head ways and out of peak 6 minute head ways.

The area the OP wants to get around is really easy to get around, and walking is a viable option, I enjoy the walk as well!!
    Quarky likes this.
    Life is short..... and love is always over in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawdy View Post
    I regularly walk from Asok to Prom Pong (less than 10 min), but would catch the BTS from Soi 10 (Nana) to go to Soi 24/26 (Prom Pong).
    That's just lazy Bawdy.... 555

Yeah, if you re in a rush, catch the BTS. But for short distances like that I much prefer the leisurely stroll rather than a crowded BTS. BTS is great for longer journeys though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast