Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Banyan Tree Bangkok

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar

Banyan Tree Bangkok

Has anyone stayed here? I'm thinking to do 4-5 nights in Bangkok at the start of my next trip and wanted to try something different. Yes it's away from Sukhumvit but it's got a great pool and rooftop bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seven_
    Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Has anyone stayed here? I'm thinking to do 4-5 nights in Bangkok at the start of my next trip and wanted to try something different. Yes it's away from Sukhumvit but it's got a great pool and rooftop bar.

I have, but seeing you reference Sukhumvit, I would say its not the best choice for you.

But the pool and rooftop bar are very nice.

Maybe think about the Hansar Bangkok Hotel.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Its a nice 5 Star hotel with prices to match...I've stayed there on business and with my wife many years back

Yes the Sky Bar is great...but you can access that by buying a drink...and the pool are is nice but can get very busy...its a bit small for the amount of rooms/guests it has

At the end of the day...do you really want to stay too far from the SUK nightlife?...and if you are there picking up TGs do you really want to do the long walk across that foyer with brass in tow?...I'm not even sure of the "joiner" policy...but wouldn't want to test it without getting it in writing first

great hotel though if you are with a wife or GF

The Oriental down by the river is a nice 5 star "GF" hotel..its still got that old world Thai/colonial feel to it and has some fabulous restaurants, a great pool area and a riverside open lawn dining/drinking area

a room with a view in The Oriental is a very special experience imo

I'll check out the prices for those hotels. I think I'm going to be with 1 girl during my stay so not too bothered about getting to Suk.

Basically I want a nice hotel in the 5-7000 bhat per night range with a great rooftop view and pool. Rooftop bar isn't essential as can go to one of the others and just get a drink there.

Banyan isn't too bad in terms of location as its near an MRT Lumpini I think. Feel free to suggest some more hotels folks.

Thanks

^Are you taking a girl from home with you? Or a local?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    ^Are you taking a girl from home with you? Or a local?
    Thai local. I figure if I want to do anything else I'll just hit the soapies/massage joints over on Ratchada or Promg Phong. Will be going to Patong after so will get my fill of bar action there.

Thai local. I figure if I want to do anything else I'll just hit the soapies/massage joints over on Ratchada or Promg Phong. Will be going to Patong after so will get my fill of bar action there.
    Any chance of Pattaya this trip?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Well make sure she is able to handle a hotel like that
    You don't want her being uncomfortable the whole time and also if shee understands the etiquette of the place.
    Most TG's, even BG's have a decent grasp of the situation around them and will dress and act accordingly.

My wife's best friend, who is a sweetheart and acts very nice dresses very sexy and my wife is always warning her to dress appropriately when visiting us at a hotel.

To be honest I love staying over the Riverside and have actually been staying on the Thonburi side lately.

The Four Seasons is a good option closer to Suk and such and has a great pool with good greenery

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I'll check out the prices for those hotels. I think I'm going to be with 1 girl during my stay so not too bothered about getting to Suk.

Basically I want a nice hotel in the 5-7000 bhat per night range with a great rooftop view and pool. Rooftop bar isn't essential as can go to one of the others and just get a drink there.

Banyan isn't too bad in terms of location as its near an MRT Lumpini I think. Feel free to suggest some more hotels folks.

Thanks

I'm booked in at the Dawin again for the one night I'm there. Good hotel if you don't mind staying on Soi 4. It's got a pool and bar on the roof. Sets you back around 50-60USD a night.
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Bacon's Avatar
    I think the bar closes after dark though. But then who stays inside at night?
    Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

I do like the variety of restaurants around Sukhumvit so went for Grand President in the end. Got a suite room so should be nice. Not quite 5 star but it will do. As above I can just go to those fancy bars for a drink to start the night off. I want to make a point to visit at least 2 or 3 nice rooftop bars and maybe have a meal at 1 of them.

Vertigo and Moon bar @ Banyan Tree
    Above 11 @ Fraser Suites
    Red Sky @ Central World

Has anyone ever done a night time dinner cruise? Not sure if Wat Arun still has scaffolding all over it, if so may skip it.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    done the twilight dinner cruise a couple of times.
    would recommend it.much cooler out on the river and nice perspective of BKK.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Wat Arun still had scaffolding over it in May....

I do like the variety of restaurants around Sukhumvit so went for Grand President in the end. Got a suite room so should be nice. Not quite 5 star but it will do. As above I can just go to those fancy bars for a drink to start the night off. I want to make a point to visit at least 2 or 3 nice rooftop bars and maybe have a meal at 1 of them.

Vertigo and Moon bar @ Banyan Tree
    Above 11 @ Fraser Suites
    Red Sky @ Central World

Has anyone ever done a night time dinner cruise? Not sure if Wat Arun still has scaffolding all over it, if so may skip it.
    Some rooftop bars I recommend that are not really part of the tourist circuit so you see legit BKK nightlife:

Long Table.........not technically a rooftop bar, but it is open windowed and a great crowd and very good tapas like menu......a but youngish but not too young

Bangkok Restaurants Fine Dining | Long Table Bangkok | Trendy Bars and Restaurants

Octave Rooftop Bar(Marriott Suk 57)............this actually is a bit touristy but if they have an event then it is wall to wall Thai smokeshows, very trendy.
    And actually if you are not locked into Grand President this is a great hotel right on the BTS so you are away from things and near Thonglor bars for a different bar experience.
    Good pool with a decent happy hour, rooms are really nice, small local Thai restaurants all around it and amazing buffets for decent price. I did their Lobster Night buffet, had about 15 lobsters of every kind for 1800 baht 555

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restauran...r-Bangkok.html

342 Rooftop Bar at WaanLang Hotel...........if you want something totally different this over in Thonburi............it is a casual rooftop bar popular with Thai students(big nursing school there), the view at nice is amazing and there is actually a bunch of small Thai chill restaurants dotting this alley set up, you will see them from the 342 Rooftop. It was my favorite night out in Thailand this last trip

342 Bar Bangkok - Riverside Rooftop Bar at Wanglang
    Last edited by MarcTwoSix; 2nd August 2016 at 00:44.

Thanks will check them out tonight. I'm not locked in. Went for a book now pay later option. Can cancel any time for free before December.

Thanks will check them out tonight. I'm not locked in. Went for a book now pay later option. Can cancel any time for free before December.

I really like Marriott Suk 57 because of the location and the ease of the SkyTrain
    Even the basic rooms are very nice and the pool has good greenery, which I value
    I just loved the location away from the chaos of lower Suk, with so many local Thai shops around

And being able to hang out at some Thonglor bars is a real different experience also.
    G-Spot posted an awesome list of places in Thonglor on AI, I will find it for you

For me, it was the best of both worlds, close enough to lower Suk but in a different area

^That's the area I stayed in for 3 months. I agree about the nice vibe it has.... Only a 20 minute walk to the Soi Cowboy area from there too... though I like staying down Soi 8 these days. Such a quiet Soi amongst the madness...

Newby
    Supersub! Your trip of Sukhumvit is very nice. I know about Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit is the best hotel for stay. It provide the all luxury service. There are the main amenities include in outdoor pool and rooftop terrace. It near the Innviaggi Asia, Its design is a superb beach area and a perfect sight location. When you will go there enjoy the all things.