Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Moo Uaon
  • 1 Post By briofoz

Thread: Auto Accessories Bangkok

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar

Auto Accessories Bangkok

Taking a bit of a chance here as I know that we are a small forum. But do any of the Bangkok regulars know about places that deal in auto accessories?
    A mate of mine goes over every now and again and is big in to the car scene. He is looking for somewhere in Bangkok that he can go check out stuff.

Any recommendations?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    From what i've learnt about bike parts and accessories there...

Obviously cars (and bikes) made locally also have cheap locally made parts and accessories but anything that wasn't made in country and is imported isn't that cheap.

I found the vast majority of what i needed for my imported bikes on Ebay or other online sources in Taiwan,China,Japan and the US. Usually good quality after market-non OEM parts and accessories at bargain prices.
    There's plenty of places that sell crappy car bling that many Thais go for around though..
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 15th June 2018 at 21:04.
    PeteGill likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    Worachak Market and Klongthom Centre in Chinatown. The market and all surrounding lanes are chocka with parts dealers, tool shops, mechanics, hardware stores, and car electronics. As Moo says, a lot of bling stuff, but its good for a wander around.
    PeteGill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    From what i've learnt about bike parts and accessories there...

Obviously cars (and bikes) made locally also have cheap locally made parts and accessories but anything that wasn't made in country and is imported isn't that cheap.

I found the vast majority of what i needed for my imported bikes on Ebay or other online sources in Taiwan,China,Japan and the US. Usually good quality after market-non OEM parts and accessories at bargain prices.
    There's plenty of places that sell crappy car bling that many Thais go for around though..
    He is very involved in the car scene here (mainly Toyota the poor sole) So I will pass on the info and he can take a look whilst there.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    The aero kits and roll bars for the pickups could be locally made and are good quality.

Metallic looking floor mats
    In car reclining buddhas and spirit houses appeal to some. not my style though 555
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน chelski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    He is very involved in the car scene here (mainly Toyota the poor sole) So I will pass on the info and he can take a look whilst there.
    Pete, what you mate wants to do is to get himself a copy of a parts list or access to an electronic parts catalog for his vehicle.
    Get himself the part numbers of the parts he wants. Get onto google and or ebay and do a search on the genuine part numbers. You will either find listings of people who have genuine parts listed for sale, or people who may have after market equivilant.
    That way you can compare the prices.

Ebay is now asking sellers to supply the part numbers of the items you are selling, so that these sort of searches can be done.
    If the sellers do this, the ones with the part numbers are normally top of the search engines in there.

Other than that, if he wants filters, get him to go to the Ryco Filters site, find the cross reference section, punch in the genuine numbers, and if there is a cross reference to the Ryco Filters, they will give you the part numbers. Same goes for brakes, suspension & steering parts etc with the relevant suppliers listings.

One thing to bear in mind with fast moving genuine service parts, is the Manufactures have over the years kept down a lot of the prices to remain competitive with the non genuine aftermarket things, so also good to check with them 1st, so it gives you some sort of indication of genuine against aftermarket prices.

Quote Originally Posted by chelski View Post
    Pete, what you mate wants to do is to get himself a copy of a parts list or access to an electronic parts catalog for his vehicle.
    Get himself the part numbers of the parts he wants. Get onto google and or ebay and do a search on the genuine part numbers. You will either find listings of people who have genuine parts listed for sale, or people who may have after market equivilant.
    That way you can compare the prices.

Ebay is now asking sellers to supply the part numbers of the items you are selling, so that these sort of searches can be done.

If the sellers do this, the ones with the part numbers are normally top of the search engines in there.

Other than that, if he wants filters, get him to go to the Ryco Filters site, find the cross reference section, punch in the genuine numbers, and if there is a cross reference to the Ryco Filters, they will give you the part numbers. Same goes for brakes, suspension & steering parts etc with the relevant suppliers listings.

One thing to bear in mind with fast moving genuine service parts, is the Manufactures have over the years kept down a lot of the prices to remain competitive with the non genuine aftermarket things, so also good to check with them 1st, so it gives you some sort of indication of genuine against aftermarket prices.

Thanks, I will pass that on