Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Fav thing to do in BKK

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar

Fav thing to do in BKK

Off to BKK soon and just wondering what is your favourite thing to do while you are there???

I have seen on here, some pics of the food court in MBK Mall. Looks like somewhere we will have to visit a few times. Hubby is a real foodie and loves (cheap!) Thai food.

We have 8 nights, so it gives us some time to explore.

Cheers Guys
    Annie

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I am not a big fan of BKK, as I always stayed in the wrong areas. I have done a lot of looking into it so can pass on some things that I think would be good to see. You are on Suk, so get to Nana Plaza (soi 4-6) and Cowboi(soi 23), Patpong is very dirty (have been there and not a fan), a lot of nightlife along Suk P4P, Massage (and soapys 555), Disco's and just the usual Bars. Go to MBK for the shopping and the food, Floating Markets looks like a good thing to see. I have seen the Grand Palace and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha (good touristy places to go and see).

They are just a few suggestions for now, like I said I have not seen much of BKK but read a bit about it

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    8 days means that you will be there on a Sunday, make sure you check out JJ market, its the biggest thing you will ever see and its situated at Mo Chit station which is at the end of the line...
    The other is head to Chon Buri and check out Flight of the Gibbon, its a series of flying foxes suspended in the rainforest... there is also a great zoo at the same site that is well worth the visit...
    I have the number of a driver in BKK if you need to do any trips, great guy and cheap!... used him for all my travels and transfers...

Flight of the Gibbon, also in Chiang Mai, is HUGE... the latest in thrill-seeker must do's. Unforgettable Thailand Holidays: Flight of the Gibbon Adventure Tour Set up by Kiwi's of course, so it must be good

MBK Food Court.... I'd fly HKT to BKK just for the 'pad thai woonsen kung sot' ... I was never a pad thai fan before MBK. Remember to ask for the 'woonsen', it is much tastier than plain rice-vermicelli.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    On food and drink: Charlies soi 4 for breaky.
    Soi 26A for Japanese and also a very good spot for massage or so i have been told
    Thai style street food and little eateries are everywhere most of my favs are in soi 22 and 24
    Lived on Soi 22 so thats prob why.
    Tawandang German Brewery on Rama 3 Thai food a show and good beer good chance to mingle with middle class thai's, for me a must stop everytime in BKK
    Soi 13 for street bars and Mai tai's at 3 in the morning after Karaoke
    The list goes on there is so much choice
    On Party: Soi Cowboy for a look bars soi 4. Soi 33 my fav.

My favourite part of the Suk is the Soi 23 (Soi Cowboy) to Soi 33 area. The Emporium and the park next door are great for a stroll around... Soi 23, 22, 24 and 26 have a lot of massage places. Soi 33 has massage places and great bars and restaurants.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    My favourite part of the Suk is the Soi 23 (Soi Cowboy) to Soi 33 area. The Emporium and the park next door are great for a stroll around... Soi 23, 22, 24 and 26 have a lot of massage places. Soi 33 has massage places and great bars and restaurants.
    You are not the first to mention this area, we will be sure to check it out. We hope to find a nice relaxed bar or two to spend an hour or so.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    You are not the first to mention this area, we will be sure to check it out. We hope to find a nice relaxed bar or two to spend an hour or so.

WTTB Annie, I think I mentioned somewhere else but I really enjoyed a river cruise, I have been on a few during the day in the longboats which are great and last trip we went on a night cruise and meal, stunning views at night with the boats all lit up like christmas trees and some of the buildings and temples the same, great night.

The other place I enjoy in Bangkok besides the nightlife is the Underwater world at Siam Shopping Centre, very impressive aquariam under the shopping centre, make sure you see the short 4D movie before you go in, you will wet yourself laughing

I always catch taxis only, many tuk tuks but you soon get sick of breathing car fumes, might just be me. Dont let the taxi drivers take you to there friends shop(Taylor, jewles etc) just say no.

I also have a phone number of a Taxi driver if you need him, good english, pay him what you think, great advice, funny man, he will wait all day for you, his name is Mr Sompong.
    wabbits likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Tuk Tuk once so you can say you done it...but other than that get a taxi. Spot on Rivo
    Never done underwater world so i will add that to my list.
    For the energetic there is a really cool BKK bike ride ^link^

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    Some of the things we have done and loved.

Dinner cruise on authentic rice barge (Done this 3 times)
    Loy Nava Dinner Cruises in Bangkok, Thailand. Dining - restaurant - sightseeing - rice barge - Chao Phraya.

Drink at Sky Bar at the Lebua State Tower. One drinks enough considering the price http://www.lebua.com/en/lebua-at-state-tower/
    Just make sure they let you go to the area in the photo. We got shuffled into a small outdoor ****tail area. I asked them where the area was in the photo, we got our drinks and were then led to the other.

I liked the old Night markets (Suan Lum Night Bazaar) with the biggest outdoor food court you have seen. I believe they have now shut and moved elsewhere. Here are some others, not sure what they're like.
    Bangkok Shopping Night Markets - Where to Shop at Night in Bangkok

Good thing about night markets is its not as hot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Annie likes this.

I saw quite a few of those rice barges at night Condo, they look great all lit up, the boat I went on is this one

BANGKOK DINNER CRUISE - dinner & river cruise along Chao Phraya River

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    I saw quite a few of those rice barges at night Condo, they look great all lit up, the boat I went on is this one

BANGKOK DINNER CRUISE - dinner & river cruise along Chao Phraya River
    Wasn't sure if those new modern boats were marketed to Chinese tour groups and was a western style buffet. We passed one and it looked packed to the rafters.

The Food on the rice barge was very authentic and had two set menu's. I didnt manage dessert and had to lie down back at the hotel because I was so full and couldn't sit up straight

Quote Originally Posted by Condo View Post
    Wasn't sure if those new modern boats were marketed to Chinese tour groups and was a western style buffet. We passed one and it looked packed to to the rafters
    No Chinese onboard the night we went out, mainly pushy Europeans, still laugh now as they all hurried to get on the boat and sit uptop where the band is, we were last on and got tables on the open deck right at the front, was the best seating available on the whole boat.

Hope you are not calling me a 'pushy European!' Rivo. 555
    Thanks, some great photos above. I prefer authentic to touristy. So will have to research a little more I think. The night cruises look lovely. Trouble is I always find it difficult to eat much while in LOS. I am almost like a TG when I am on holiday. Many meals and often!!! The thought of paying a fair bit for a banquet does not appeal to much as I struggle to eat even a smallish portion. (I love my food and love Thai food, but a small meal or snack is usually enough.)
    Anyway thanks again guys
    Annie

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I am almost like a TG when I am on holiday. Many meals and often!!! The thought of paying a fair bit for a banquet does not appeal to much as I struggle to eat even a smallish portion. (I love my food and love Thai food, but a small meal or snack is usually enough.)
    The Thai girls I have met can eat and eat and eat and eat and eat and eat!!! 555

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    The Thai girls I have met can eat and eat and eat and eat and eat and eat!!! 555
    Mine does 55555

Ok I know but I did say MANY meals 5555

Bob Kelso
    Siam Paragon: Bowling and a movie
    Chatuchak-market (weekends)
    Lumpini Park, relaxing and checkout the big lizards in the lake
    Suk soi 7, "Magic table": girls in school uniform dancing on tables without undies ... if thats your thing
    Suk soi 26: Snow White massage

I love BKK ...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    So Soi 7 on my list for the next trip I love girls dressed like school girls Thanks BK

Have to say my views on BKK have changed a lot since my last trip. As i have sadi above i was not a fan of BKK. I am now and see myself visiting on many occasions. I love visiting and staying with Noys Sister and husband. Always looked after and have a good time. Oh Yeah and Soi Cowboi is the Bomb ;D
    Last edited by G4orce; 12th August 2011 at 22:47.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    So Soi 7 on my list for the next trip I love school girls Thanks BK

Have to say my views on BKK have changed a lot since my last trip. As i have sadi above i was not a fan of BKK. I am now and see myself visiting on many occasions. I love visiting and staying with Noys Sister and husband. Always looked after and have a good time. Oh Yeah and Soi Cowboi is the Bomb ;D
    wheres a Mod when required 555, maybe a politically incorrect statement there G4, but we not what you really mean.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast