The best and friendliest guesthouse in Patong.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Soi 12 Sukhumvit

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    Would it be listed under Ibis or Novotel? I want to try a new soi Bangkok too, although I've only done 11 once. Does 8 have a few massage joints? The regular kind.
    Did you watch that video Bacwaan posted? You will see there are a number of massage joints on it... it's a nice quiet soi...
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    Did you watch that video Bacwaan posted? You will see there are a number of massage joints on it... it's a nice quiet soi...

No not yet. Need will watch it when at work tomorrow. For some reason it (and lots of other videos) do not show up for me with tapatalk.

Adelphi looks really nice, and I'm assuming it's gf. Only thing is from some of the pics the tv looks quite far from the tv. I know this might come across as sad, but I quite enjoy spending a few hours downtime in the room watching tv on the bed.

Usually I'll head out early, do some sight seeing and then will chill at the hotel for a bit before showering and heading out.

^Yeah I have the same problem on here with Tapatalk. I think Bacon said the site uses old software which might explain why I can see videos on AI ok.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Adelphi looks really nice, and I'm assuming it's gf. Only thing is from some of the pics the tv looks quite far from the tv. I know this might come across as sad, but I quite enjoy spending a few hours downtime in the room watching tv on the bed.

Usually I'll head out early, do some sight seeing and then will chill at the hotel for a bit before showering and heading out.
    See I need my lush garden pools and literally don't turn the TV on

Different needs..........

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    See I need my lush garden pools and literally don't turn the TV on

Different needs..........

Also I guess because you're not heading to the south you want that comfort there. Usually I've done a few weeks in Phuket or Samui so have no issues with the concrete jungle for a few days. 555

^Yeah I have the same problem on here with Tapatalk. I think Bacon said the site uses old software which might explain why I can see videos on AI ok.

No biggie will just check the desktop version tomorrow.

Also I guess because you're not heading to the south you want that comfort there. Usually I've done a few weeks in Phuket or Samui so have no issues with the concrete jungle for a few days. 555

I'm going to Koh Samed
    Seems as laid back or more than down South

Excited but never been
    So thinks I will love it and she knows what I like

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    With summer on the way, you're probably looking forward to setting up your out of office and relaxing by the pool. But the CDC delivered a little bit of bad news this morning for those of us who wanted to do just that: turns out that poop germs in treated pool water can still make you sick, according to a report from the CDC. This is why it's important to heed those warnings about not swimming if you have active diarrhea, because that's one of the biggest culprits for spreading gastrointestinal illness.

While all public pools can pose a risk, the CDC noted that hotel pools, spas, and hot tubs were the main offenders with 32 percent of cases resulting from contaminated water in pools at hotels, motels, inns, and travel lodges. And, the scary part is that you can still get sick even if the water is treated because some pathogens are resistant to chlorine. In 46 U.S. states and Puerto Rico, the CDC found 493 outbreaks that resulted in 27,219 cases of illness and eight deaths over a 14-year period.

Cryptosporidium — which causes gastrointestinal illness — was the most common infection. However, people also contracted legionella, which causes severe pneumonia, and Pontiac fever, a milder illness with flu-like symptoms. Other people caught pseudomonas, also known as hot-tub rash.

Lack of proper water-treatment chemicals coupled with warm water can increase the risk of both legionella and pseudomonas, and people with compromised immune systems or active respiratory infections are at a higher risk for contracting legionella, the CDC noted. And, while all fecal matter can make you sick, diarrhea poses a higher risk than regular poop.

"With most diarrheal illnesses, the number of germs found in each bowel movement decreases as the diarrhea stops and the person’s bowel movements return to normal," the CDC explained in its healthy-swimming section. "Therefore, a formed fecal incident is probably less of a risk than a diarrheal incident that you might not see."

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...ol-cdc-n875101
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 30th January 2019 at 17:50.
    Quarky likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Disgusting 🤢

For the record ... Soi 4 Novotel/Ibis ... the new tower, backs onto/looks down onto Pachara Suites on corner of Soi 6.

Novotel roof top pool is ok, bar so-so, location excellent.

Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Disgusting ��
    Yeah,i don't immerse my head in hotel pools anymore after getting really sick (and suspecting) from some over the years.

I don't think too many people know that doing that could be the most dangerous thing they do on a holiday.all the stories about getting sick from this food or that food may well have come from the swimming pool 555 been my theory for a while now anyway.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Yeah,i don't immerse my head in hotel pools anymore after getting really sick (and suspecting) from some over the years.

I don't think too many people know that doing that could be the most dangerous thing they do on a holiday.all the stories about getting sick from this food or that food may well have come from the swimming pool 555 been my theory for a while now anyway.
    Any hotels in Soi 12 without a pool? 555
    Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I stayed at the Galleria on 12 once..but maybe 5-6 years ago...it was OK for a reasonable price..B1800-ish iirc...not a lot going on in that soi...pretty quiet...it is next to Korea Town so it has a little bit of that influence...most famous joint along there is Cabbages and Condoms...

I much prefer soi 8 along there..it has a nice mix of restaurants (I really like Kinaree and Monsoon) and bars (sports bars like the Kiwi) + some nice enough 3-4 star hotels, including an Adelphi and a Citadines ...

check out this vid...shows a walk through of the soi...there is one for soi 12 as well

ate at both yesterday, really liked Monsoon , but Kinaree unfortunately had to be the worst meal I've had in Thailand , Som O salad was bland and the Penang Gai , looked like the chicken was reheated but the middle looked pink .. they didn't charge me for that dish though ... now giving the Kiwi a go , looks good
    bacwaan likes this.

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    ^ wow..sorry you had a bad meal at Kinaree...I have always enjoyed everything about that place including the food, setting and service..

that's a real shame...I hope it was more a one off than having gone "off"

The kiwi is always pretty safe..good solid homestyle tucker...
    Stillearly likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    I enjoyed the Kiwi , friendly staff , nice bar , food was good ( much better than the Pattaya sports bars )
    bacwaan likes this.

Cadet
    Dynasty Grande

Not a fancy one but best pool and fitness area if you want to do some laps without a crowd following you

And a two minute stroll over to soi 8 if not a pit stop on the way to Vivas or Moonsoon /Kiwi sports pub
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Petter; 11th February 2019 at 03:56.
    Quarky and bacwaan like this.

We are staying on Suk Soi 12 now

I can tell ya after being here for under an hour
    I'd live on this street in a heartbeat

Easy to get on BTS at the end of the street and it is extremely quiet but with enough shops that you wouldn't have to leave the soi if you didn't want to

Most apartment buildings look a bit old
    But a couple newer ones

As a tourist people might find it a bit too quiet though

You prefer it to soi 8 then?

You prefer it to soi 8 then?
    I've never stayed on Soi 8 and only been once at a restaurant very close to Sukhumvit
    So don't know much about it

But as a resident I'd imagine I'd much prefer to stay on Soi 12 than Soi 8 with a bunch of hotels

^Ah ok, for some reason I thought you stayed in soi 8 earlier. But remember now you were just asking about soi 12 and soi 8 got dragged into the conversation.. I think SE stayed there instead... 55

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast