Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Koh Kret

  1. #21
    Platinum Rockitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Did you go to Chit beer read some good things about it?
    No we didn’t. I didn’t know of it at the time and it wasn’t until I had spoken to someone who had been before that I realised we should have looked for it. I think I would have enjoyed it.
    We did the circular boat trip then walked up and back the Main Street on the northern side.
    Gives me a reason to return again soon but this time I’ll go over a weekend when everything is open.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

  2. #22
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    No we didn’t. I didn’t know of it at the time and it wasn’t until I had spoken to someone who had been before that I realised we should have looked for it. I think I would have enjoyed it.
    We did the circular boat trip then walked up and back the Main Street on the northern side.
    Gives me a reason to return again soon but this time I’ll go over a weekend when everything is open.
    That is the value of a site like this where people post trip reports, and it tweaks an interest in some place off the beaten path. I know when Stillearly posted pictures of trips that he took I knew I wanted to visit them as well... and I did. That is the real value in all the tourist companies in Thailand with their 1500 to 3000 baht trips to local sites. On a simple day trip you might visit an elephant farm, see a waterfall, take a hike to a mountain village, and go on a bamboo raft trip. You might like one part of it, but not another. Then, you can go back on your own to spend more time doing what you really enjoy.

    When I first came to Thailand I took a lot of those tours. Some years later I took trips to the same places, but on my own with a motorbike
    Rivo and Rockitt like this.

  3. #23
    Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Forbes View Post
    5555

    It may be unfair in life, but attractive people get more lucrative offers for advancement.

    Very true. Sounds bad but if that was an ugly lady then I'm not sure if many would be watching it, unless she had some super enthusiasm for it like Mark Wiens.
    Ian Forbes likes this.

  4. #24
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    No we didnít. I didnít know of it at the time and it wasnít until I had spoken to someone who had been before that I realised we should have looked for it. I think I would have enjoyed it.
    We did the circular boat trip then walked up and back the Main Street on the northern side.
    Gives me a reason to return again soon but this time Iíll go over a weekend when everything is open.
    I read about the independent brewers, or small batch brewers(The hipster term555) in Thailand they are popping up all over.
    Apparently it is illegal for them to do so and a whim could close you down...But that is Thailand.
    Chit beer was considered a must stop as the beer is held in regard. I will be visiting to try a couple hopefully soon.

    The Island looks well worth the trip and what an easy day trip while staying in BKK much like doing a day trip to BKK's green heart.
    .

  5. #25
    Platinum Rockitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I read about the independent brewers, or small batch brewers(The hipster term555) in Thailand they are popping up all over.
    Apparently it is illegal for them to do so and a whim could close you down...But that is Thailand.
    Chit beer was considered a must stop as the beer is held in regard. I will be visiting to try a couple hopefully soon.

    The Island looks well worth the trip and what an easy day trip while staying in BKK much like doing a day trip to BKK's green heart.
    Yes it was well worth a visit with very little costs. I think the taxi to the small ferry cost us about 140bht, ferry across the river was 5 bht I think 555. Boat trip around the island (2 hours) 70 bht. We were there for a few hours but you could easily fill a full day. Didn’t see half of it really.
    wabbits and Ian Forbes like this.

  6. #26
    Platinum Rockitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    937
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post

    The Island looks well worth the trip and what an easy day trip while staying in BKK much like doing a day trip to BKK's green heart.
    The green heart of Bangkok, never done that yet. Thanks for that suggestion. Will have a look at that if I can this time.

  7. #27
    The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockitt View Post
    The green heart of Bangkok, never done that yet. Thanks for that suggestion. Will have a look at that if I can this time.
    I have a thread here some where doing a spice roads half day cycling trip super fun.

    Wabbits go Jungle with Spice Roads Bangkok
    Quarky and Rockitt like this.
    .

  8. #28
    Cadet silver Chilli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarky View Post
    555 perhaps
    I suspect a Thai parent in there somewhere. Or she spent some of her childhood there.
    A quick google search tells me she has brazilian parents (and she's brazilian born) but lived in Thailand for the last 10 years as a model.

    While very beautiful, I am more a Sugar water girl myself.




Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •