Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PatongBeachBoy

Thread: Rain ???

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar

Rain ???

Not long now till we fly, I have been told to expect very hot n wet. My question is just how much rain and for how long will it rain for. Same same every day maybe...
    (All very variable I know!)

Trouble with me is I always end up taking the wrong shoes to wear. Leather gets ruined and plastic gets slippery!!! Not easy you know. Wellies and trainers are really not my thing

It could be anything this time of year Annie. It could rain for 2 or 3 days non-stop torrential... or it could just be the odd heavy shower. I had both scenarios while living in Bangkok last year. Prepare for the worst! ie.. flooded roads are possible. And it will be hot and humid.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I dont think you will find it an inconvenience as BKK is a place where you seem to spend a lot of time indoors...
    Annie likes this.

Ha ha. It better not rain non stop for 3 days on the trott, torrential, that's what it was like in Patong in March. We remember that well. At least with the sun we have had here in UK in the six weeks since we've been home I have got myself a nice tan! Still not sure what shoes to pack!!!

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Rubber thongs........For non Ozzies they are foot wear not a bondage devise.5555
    They seem to be the best option they dry quick...wet shoes or leather....wet feet = blisters.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Rubber thongs........For non Ozzies they are foot wear not a bondage devise.5555
    They seem to be the best option they dry quick...wet shoes or leather....wet feet = blisters.
    I bought a pair of thongs or flip flops with the scourer material for the base.... stopped the sweaty slippery feel happening!

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I bought a pair of thongs or flip flops with the scourer material for the base.... stopped the sweaty slippery feel happening!
    Will have a crack at them seem them never tried.
    Also if your not used to walking in thongs do some long walks prior...nothing worse than a blister between your toes like i got first trip..it was a mother and painful.555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    I don't know the name of them but there are rubber shoes with holes cut in them, come in various colours. They are vere much in fashion at the moment. You can buy little fibreglass things to attach, like a butterfly etc.

They are better than thongs, as your foot is covered, but the holes let water in and out. Also no chafed sore toes.

You should find them in any cheap shoe shop. I've seen them in "Budget Shoes", and "Rivers" the clothing maker, sell them at their outlet shops.

On the heat and rain, when there last June, it was massivly different than when I was there in April, and the electrical storms were very intense, and almost every afternoon.

Just remember to be " Singing in the rain, just singing in the rain......." Have a great trip.

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    I don't know the name of them but there are rubber shoes with holes cut in them, come in various colours. They are vere much in fashion at the moment. You can buy little fibreglass things to attach, like a butterfly etc.

They are better than thongs, as your foot is covered, but the holes let water in and out. Also no chafed sore toes.

You should find them in any cheap shoe shop. I've seen them in "Budget Shoes", and "Rivers" the clothing maker, sell them at their outlet shops.

On the heat and rain, when there last June, it was massivly different than when I was there in April, and the electrical storms were very intense, and almost every afternoon.

Just remember to be " Singing in the rain, just singing in the rain......." Have a great trip.
    They're called 'Crocs'.....

They're called 'Crocs'.....
    What a croc.5555 Sorry JC i would rather get blisters han wear them.5555555

Crocs mmm yes not sexy at all. Always wear 'flip flops' though. I always end up ruining my best sandals on holiday and leaving them behind. May buy something suitable over there if it is very wet. I'm sort of expecting the roads to be like rivers!!! Hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Hi Annie , just got back from 4 days there . It rained everyday i was there but it was more like an ocassional shower for 10mins and then gone again . Maybe twice a day . Certainly not enuff to stop you getting out and about !

I invested in a life jacket while there too... Bangkok is expected to sink into the sea within 20 years you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I invested in a life jacket while there too... Bangkok is expected to sink into the sea within 20 years you know...
    And Isaan will be covered in snow!!!

And Isaan will be covered in snow!!!
    Look out for naked farang wandering Isaan at night...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Most times I have been in LOS when it rained it would piss down for a short period of time then spot but like PPB said you will be inside of of the time anyway. I hope you get some dry nights (rain wise anyway 555). I went to BKK last May and had nothing but hot/Sunny Days