Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My Ride to Pa Mai

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

My Ride to Pa Mai

Last month while I was up in Chiang Mai with a mate of mine and our TGF's we went out and did some daytrips on our rented bikes. For this two week stay we decided to go on bigger bikes than our last trip. We chose the Honda PCX, they are an Automatic 125cc fuel injected bike. They are surprisingling more powerful than the Honda Click with 110cc of power 555

For this day out I had researched the ride on the GT Rider website(link in this CM section) and took some notes and the phone numbers for the barge from the details provided. We got a bit of gear together and my new detailed country map I had bought. Getting out of CM on the bikes is fun and the traffic is not to heavy, we had an early start of about 11.30am as this is early for two TG's 555

The trip I had chosen was ride to Pa Mai and the Buatong Waterfall and then ride to Ban Pa Sak Ngam and get on a barge with the bikes and cross the dam and then head back to Chiang Mai. The ride was about 80 Km to the dam and then once across the dam its only 20km back to CM. Turned out to be one of the best daytrips on the bikes we did. I let the photo's show you the trip.

This is one of the bridges over the Ping River in CM..

Once out of town the country side is beautiful and we often stopped for a look and eat, many times 555

This must be one of the few pictures I took where our TG's are wearing helmets, TG's and helmets are not allowed according to our girls 555

The roads were good and not alot of traffic ......

A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Would of been about 2.30pm from memory when we arrived at the waterfall, the ride from the highway to here is a great ride with many corners and lush green trees and forest everywhere, its about 3km into the waterfall parking area. There is a shop where you can buy a drink or some chips etc.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    very nice Rivo. It is great once out of the usual tourist points. So So much to discover. The real people. It is a shame most only comment on fantasy land in other places.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

As you can see by this picture, the water was crystal clear ........

The waterfalls are on three different levels, the rock underneath the water is like limestone and surprisingly not slippery, you can climb up the rocks without fear of going a55 up 555

Here I am with our two TG's 555 TG's and Water = Fun 555

Some more pics.......

My mates TG was crawling around in the water at one stage yelling out something in Thai, I thought she had dropped something in the water, here is what she had found......

They showed us that this crab had eggs and must not keep, I say same same in Australia

Was about 430pm now and time to wander off, enjoying the scenery....

My mate found some muddy road and had some fun sliding around and having fun, I should of had the video set 555

Motorbike in Mud = Fall Down

Last edited by Rivo; 10th September 2011 at 10:07.
    wabbits and contrarian like this.

Once back on the main road its only about another 3km until we turn right and head to Pa Sak Ngam, we rode through a police check point and got waved through with the police laughing, not sure why but we just waved and laughed and rode through.

The country side was still very beautiful and through the village all the locals wave, especially the kids

Some of the houses looked like Kids Cubby Houses to me 555

Last edited by Rivo; 10th September 2011 at 10:37.

Once you get to this Y junction we stopped and my TG read the sign and said we go right, just as my mate come back from the left and said this way 555

I had dropped behind to take some pics 555

We rode over a big hill and then a steep road declining straight into the dam, with lines marked and all.

My mate and his TG was already there and she was washing his clothes, she didnt like the mud on them 555

There was a local fishing there with his son and he had good english, he had the phone numer for the barge as the barge stays on the dam wall. I also had the phone number and we rang, the barge was actually heading this way already, look in the back ground and you can see the barge

We let the girls negotiote the fee for the 20min trip to the dam wall, they came back with 400Baht for the 2 bikes and the 4 of us, its about 3km over to the dam wall.

When leaving you get to see the road that goes into the water, I tried to find out how come the road goes into the water and the only response I got was "Road Finit Water" 555

I would say that there must of been a few vehicles driven into the dam as there are no signs or anything 555

Here is the engine room with our skipper 555

There was a few houses around the dam and also people camping.

This is were we get off our barge, look to the top left and they are seats for the restaurant at the dam wall....

Well its been about 3 hours since our TG's had eaten so its time to order a feast, I am not into Thai food much so I was happy with a large Singha and some peanuts, good stable diet 555

They had some fish dish which was made with the catch from the dam wall, looked like Brim, there was some big fish in the dam and one of the locals was proud to show some photo's of his catches over the years.

The view over the lake was good and it was nearing sunset

Now it was time to ride over the dam wall and head back to Chiang Mai

It was an easy ride back to the hotel and get ready for a night out(again 555)

We headed down to the 69 Bar and was surprised that it was there 3rd Birthday Party, I thought it was the following night, missed a day somewhere 555

I showed a few people at the bar some of the pics and was surprised no one new the ride or the dam, even my TG ask's me "You live Australia and still Know Thailand like Thai Man" 555

Where would we be without the internet 555

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Great report Rivo...love the photo of the TG washing the clothes...wouldn't see this in Oz, only get "why did you go riding in the rain" crap.

As a fisherman, I wouldn't have been too impressed...scaring away my fish.
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
    As a fisherman, I wouldn't have been too impressed...scaring away my fish.
    Quite the opposite Contraran, he was more interested in talking to us than his fishing, not really a tourist spot I suppose, he was a good photographer as well as he took some pics of us all together.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Wow mate how good is that loved the motor X bit tyres maybe not up to par.555555
    The road to nowhere, with fishing rods set up....This is my sort of trip very cool.
    Cheers for sharing.

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Quite the opposite Contraran, he was more interested in talking to us than his fishing, not really a tourist spot I suppose, he was a good photographer as well as he took some pics of us all together.
    A simple life...plenty of fish and plenty of time...equals less stress and more enjoyment. A lot different from our "superior" western life!!!!
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Wow mate how good is that loved the motor X bit tyres maybe not up to par.555555
    The road to nowhere, with fishing rods set up....This is my sort of trip very cool.
    Cheers for sharing.
    Thanks Wabbits, take into account we didnt leave until lunchtime it was a great afternoon, home about 7pm from memory, easily could make a full day of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    very nice Rivo. It is great once out of the usual tourist points. So So much to discover. The real people. It is a shame most only comment on fantasy land in other places.
    Thanks Jonty, I hope the tourists stay in fantasy land, I like the rest of the place to myself 555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Awsume photo's Rivo. As usual, when you going to stuff up one so us mere motals can feel good about ourselves 55555

Imagine, coming down the road in the night, no signs and bang straight into the water.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
    A simple life...plenty of fish and plenty of time...equals less stress and more enjoyment. A lot different from our "superior" western life!!!!
    Contrarian. We need to go fishing together.
    contrarian likes this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    That's is a great little ride around. I have not ventured out of CM much but will make sure I do that on my next visit there. I have heard there is a lot of great riding around there and I for myself would like to experience that for myself.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Rivo is there a GT map for this trail? Or am I better off buying something in CM?

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    That area is on the GT Rider Golden Triangle Map G4.
    When will you be up that way again? i'll be there all of Feb next year

Here's a pic of the road to nowhere when the water was quite a bit lower.

DSC00535.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast