Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Chiang Mai photo tour

Chiang Mai photo tour

Instead of the usual TR or weekly blog ... photos!

A beautiful city of greenery abounding in colourful blossoms > Crepe Myrtle or Lagerstroemia Floribunda

> Don Khun or Golden Shower tree

> Chom-poo or Rose Apple

Fabulous restaurants just minutes away on Nimmanhaemin Soi 17 >

Nearby, Suthep market >

Chiang Mai sausage - Sai ua (ไส้อั่ว) >

Songkran >

VanD likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Great photo's Rob, the lady in orange in the last picture, looks as though she enjoys a photo opportunity 555, until I moved slide bar to see she was getting soaked (15" screen on a work computer) .Looking at those snaggers made me hungry too.
    Last edited by Arliss Michaels; 14th April 2012 at 13:40.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post

It looks so clean up there Rob, and green as well with all the trees? Are you pics a fair representation for the whole area or just this surburb ?

If you took out the tuk tuk in that 2nd pic, you would start to think some other country
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Golden shower tree......Unfortunent name.
    When traveling during Song Kran much better to do it in car.
    It's fun if you are prepared for it.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post

]
    Oh the "White carrot" Dao calls it .. here Lobok or white radish

My preferred som tam with cashews instead of peanuts she makes for me most days before she adds 10 chillies stinky fish and fermented Pu.

The is almost a black market economy here on Green paw paw through the winter months
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    Great photo's Rob, the lady in orange in the last picture, looks as though she enjoys a photo opportunity 555, until I moved slide bar to see she was getting soaked (15" screen on a work computer) .Looking at those snaggers made me hungry too.
    555 I think I made her day.... as I walked up confronted with buckets of water, I said "sawasdee khup/sabai dee mai" and when she responded, I said "phom rak khun". She was so happy I walked on .... dry as toast!
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    It looks so clean up there Rob, and green as well with all the trees? Are you pics a fair representation for the whole area or just this surburb ?

If you took out the tuk tuk in that 2nd pic, you would start to think some other country
    That's one of CM's attractions, it is far cleaner than the south, or Isaan.
    Cheers, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Oh the "White carrot" Dao calls it .. here Lobok or white radish

My preferred som tam with cashews instead of peanuts she makes for me most days before she adds 10 chillies stinky fish and fermented Pu.

The is almost a black market economy here on Green paw paw through the winter months
    One chili is enough and NO stinky fish or crabs! Jo makes som tam thai several times a week and fortunately she likes it same same me! Is it any wonder my daily motions have increased to 2?

Jo calls it white carrot also and small ones are really nice raw ... like radish. She uses the pulped flesh as a face mask to remove freckles and condition skin .... it works! Great in soups and stews also.
    Cheers, Rob.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Golden shower tree......Unfortunent name.
    When traveling during Song Kran much better to do it in car.
    It's fun if you are prepared for it.
    And with the windows up 555
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Local arts and crafts are quite stunning and quality product not much dearer than the city markets. [To qualify that, wooden items such as bowls made from mango wood must be kiln-dried before final carving or lathing.]

wabbits likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Hey Rob have you had a chance to get down to Hang Dong where most of the factories that make the Art/Craft and Furniture are, they have show rooms aswell, can easily spend a day just looking around, there are some very talented people there and they dont mind showing you there talents.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Hey Rob have you had a chance to get down to Hang Dong where most of the factories that make the Art/Craft and Furniture are, they have show rooms aswell, can easily spend a day just looking around, there are some very talented people there and they dont mind showing you there talents.
    Yes buddy, Baan Tawai it's called ... could spend a week there but I'd need a 40' container to ship everything I'd like to send back to Oz.
    Cheers, Rob.

Chiang Mai's Royal Thai Airforce Wing 41 is holding an Air-show to mark RTAF's 100 years Anniversary. Being only 600m away from home we wandered down at 0930 and caught the best aerial demo's before the 37c heat got the better of us.

New Saab Gripen is ok though not as graceful as the F16 ... pics >

Cheers, Rob.

Is that were you got your furniture that you shipped back to Aussie?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Pilots start young... looks full of confidence though... has the look of "Iceman" out of Top Gun... 555

Rivo and NamTanMot like this.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Is that were you got your furniture that you shipped back to Aussie?
    Yes DP thats the place, K1(Kev) from PI gave me a few places to go to, very helpfull and great bloke who I met at 69 Bar in CM.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Yes DP thats the place, K1(Kev) from PI gave me a few places to go to, very helpfull and great bloke who I met at 69 Bar in CM.
    K2 actually, a top bloke. We found some quality recycled teak wood furniture that was as good as Indo stuff I saw in a Phuket Town exclusive store (near Outlet on Bypass Road), but a fraction of the price.
    Cheers, Rob.

K2 is a good guy. Met him on my first trip to CM a couple of years ago. Nothing like his online persona.

Coincidental to what we were doing today, I parked outside the Mandarin - Luxury Resort in Chiang Mai | Mandarin Oriental Hotel Chiang Mai, Thailand - and upon conclusion of our business, went for a squizz ... as you do, despite TW complaining in the ~40c heat!

Website doesn't do the place justice ... it should be ranked alongside Angkor Wat and the Pyramids ... yet at only 8 years old much of the 150 rai looks to have been around for 80+ years, including the buildings.

I'll not post full details here, in public, but if any CM visitors wish to view this paradise within a paradise (Chiang Mai) there is a special treat in store.

My photos will give you some idea... wait up while I edit ... ok na.
    Cheers, Rob.

~ 400 staff work here and those we encountered were courteous, well groomed and pleasant ... as is normal up north! I reckon half the staff must be gardeners.
    Quarky and Spot like this.
    Cheers, Rob.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast