Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rivo

Thread: Khun Korn Waterfall Chiang Rai

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Khun Korn Waterfall Chiang Rai

Last year when I was up in Chiang Rai we decided to go and see the waterfall named Khun Korn, its only a short drive from the White Temple to the carpark at the foot of the hill where the waterfall is. From memory its a decent walk up to the falls, over 1km up and down hills, through the streams and lush forest and you are there. It was August when I was there and there was plenty of water falling, lots of water spray even back about 30m from the falls. This was only the second time my TG had been here and that was many years ago, her comment was big water today so it sounds like it was running pretty good.

We were there late in the afternoon and there was no one else there at all, on our walk back there was a group of people walking up to have a look, they were on a pushbike tour, beautiful scenery and it would of been a steady ride from Chiang Rai, here is the link for the pushbike tour as I know we have a few keen cyclists here : Chiang Rai cycling Tour.Biking Tours in Chiangrai. Bicycle around chiang rai

Here are a few pics I took..............

No this is not the waterfall, this was near the carpark I would of been disappointed if this was at the end of over a 1 Km walk 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Keep walking..................................

There was only a few houses on the road to the waterfall, this was one of them, looks like a kids dollhouse to me..............

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    You got me with the bikes mate..Was it a tour?

will be doing a lot of this style of touring in the future.

Good pics Riv.

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Them's the wrong sort of bike wabs. No motors so only good for going downhill 555.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    You got me with the bikes mate..Was it a tour?

will be doing a lot of this style of touring in the future.

Good pics Riv.

Here is the link Wabb's : Chiang Rai cycling Tour.Biking Tours in Chiangrai. Bicycle around chiang rai

Looks like good value to me, 1250Baht for a full day, beautiful countryside to see, if you havent seen the white temple you will be amazed. The cyclists we saw were definetly amatuers, only said hello to them, they were walking up to the waterfall with a guide when we were on the way back, the other guy was sitting in the ute listening to Thai music and just waved to us.
    sushnt likes this.