Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob
  • 1 Post By kaptainrob

Thread: Chiang Mai Immigration Office info

Chiang Mai Immigration Office info

Located halfway between Airport Central Plaza and CNX itself - Welcome to Chiangmai Immigration

What many do not realise is one may book their visit/interview/etc ONLINE ... I'll post my own 'visa renewal' experience after tomorrows appointment.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Well, that was nice and easy ... the online booking and queue system meant that when we walked in at the appointed time, we were immediately shown past a room-full of waiting people, direct to interview desk #5.

An hour passed as a very pleasant lady Sgt Mjr chatted to Jo about various topics, hair, weather, holidays in Phuket, and I wondered if my presence was really required at all! I felt quite left out of the whole process until handed additional documents to sign .... an extra few mm on top of the 15mm stack of former trees we'd already cut down, filled out and delivered.... but what the hell, it's all necessary ... right?

There was a constant cheerful banter between staff, almost like it should have been 'party-time' and Jo's 2-striper also fielded several phone calls during the hour. I was sorely tempted to wander out and buy a coffee at the stall which must make an absolute bomb ... talk about 'captive audience' !

Eventually Jo's new best friend spoke to me (surprise surprise), to advise that I must return on date x to have passport stamped with 12 month 'spouse' extension and report every 90 days from today ... etc.

That was it. Our paperwork, (all 17mm high stack) was in order, my frayed nerves slowly self-healing, and 1900 baht lighter we headed for Airport Plaza's Foodcourt .... TW was 'hungy'
    Spot likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    So do you don't have to border run every three months just show up Rob?

Sorry if I haven't picked up on other threads, you are retiring or setting yourself up in LOS, no more flying?
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

I get the 12month 'spouse' visa stamp and report my address to Immigration every 90 days, same as 'retirement' visa but with half the bank a/c deposit ... which is kind of back to front... but TiT.
    No more border-runs, no more 'helicoptering' ...
    Cheers, Rob.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    no more 'helicoptering' ...
    No more Butterfly ........."I'm not Butterfly, I'm helicopter!!" 555555
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Thai Immigration's various forms may be downloaded HERE > Immigration Bureau

As with everything in Thailand, Drivers licence, Car/Bike reg'n etc, you must supply 2 copies of everything and sign each copy in BLUE ink.
    Any supporting documents, eg rental/lease statement etc, must be accompanied with 2 signed copies of the writers ID card or Passport.

Staff in the various offices I have visited, CM, HKT and Ubon Ratchathani have always been courteous and helpful and speak good English. It is best to inquire by phone or in person if you have any doubts about the process rather than arrive ill-prepared for the main appointment.

Several legal requirements for the 'spouse visa', and perhaps also 'retirement visa', may appear impossible to satisfy. EG: My bank a/c is held at JungCeylon/Patong but Immigration law states that a letter 'dated the same day' must be provided by the bank to back up the passbook balance shown. Any branch can provide a letter, for a small fee. Small details which may seem insurmountable may be overcome simply by asking Immigration 'how to ....' It's part of their job, they are your friend, not the enemy.
    Spot likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Some new info from a mate of mine who is now (finally) comfortable to do 90 day reporting by mail...

CM ONLY!!

90 Day Reporting BY MAIL

You can apply up to 15 days before and 7 days after reporting date.

Photocopy the following documents:

Passport Copies - all pages signed
    Passport page with photo
    Date of Arrival (Last Entry Stamp)
    Permit to Stay Up Until (Last Visa Stamp or Extension)
    TM.6 (Arrival/Departure Card)
    Last receipt of Notification (Original)
    Completed form TM 47 NOTE: This is a CM specific form (tm47-CM 2014.doc) (tm47-CM 2014.pdf)
    There is no fee or charges of any kind for 90 day address reporting other then if you are late.

Send these documents to the following address:

Notify 90 Days
    Chiangmai Immigration
    71 Sanambin Road
    T. Suthep A. Muang
    Chiang Mai

Place all the above documents inside and include another envelope that has your return address on it (Self Addressed Envelope) with a 5 Baht stamp affixed to it and send to the address above. Send by EMS from a registered post office and NOT an agent...cost 30/40 Baht.

You will receive a receipt within a few days. Keep this and a photocopy of the previous 90 day report to prove you have posted your application. That way you do not get fined for late reporting. It should be posted no later than 15 days before due date. EMS post takes 24 hours to arrive at Immigration.

DO NOT SEND YOUR PASSPORT
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 30th September 2014 at 23:28.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    90 Day Reporting ONLINE.

Even better

IMMIGRATION BUREAU Thailand

edit;looks like it can only be opened with Internet Explorer. Hopefully they'll sort that out.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Hah!
    Typical. Aren't Microsoft talking about discontinuing I.E?
    My next 90 day report won't be until July sometime. Hopefully they'll sort it by then.