Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Best money exchange in Chiang Mai

Best money exchange in Chiang Mai

There's a Super Rich on Loi Kroh near Raming Lodge and 69'er bar .... but expats here all recommend SK which is conveniently located at the far eastern end of Loi Kroh, coincidentally, 20m from Stu's Downunder Bar and the new River Market Restaurant.

More details here > S.K. Sakol Money Exchange - Chiang Mai Grapevine
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I have not used SK, buit have used Super Rich in CM and have to say they have had the best Rates I have seen there

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I have not used SK, buit have used Super Rich in CM and have to say they have had the best Rates I have seen there
    SK is actually quite handy to many places I - apart from Stu's new bar and Duke's new River Market, it's an easy walk across the old Iron bridge to The Dukes (original), TAT tourist office and Rimping Supermarket.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Another place that has pretty good rates is the little place at the entrance to MD guest house on Ratchavithi rd just East of the UN Irish pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Norabunga View Post
    Another place that has pretty good rates is the little place at the entrance to MD guest house on Ratchavithi rd just East of the UN Irish pub.
    I know it, JR Money Exchange @Sit Down & Shup Up Cafe..... must take the wife there Has a KBank ATM out front.

Would be interesting to compare all rates on the same day at each but afaik this has been done and SK came out ahead.
    Cheers, Rob.

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    That's the one Rob. I'm sure there are better rates if you shop around but I'm usually only changing fairly small amounts there and it's walking distance to where I usually stay.
    Their rates are always heaps better than anywhere else nearby.