Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jungle Flight tree-top adventures

Jungle Flight tree-top adventures

Jungle Flight operate zip-line adventures from a high altitude village near Doi Saket, about an hour out of CM.

A similar operation, flight of the gibbon, isn't far away but we selected Jungle Flight from reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed.

Photos tell the story >

Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    But Flight of the Gibbon is designed by a Kiwi!

Looks good Rob.... the only problem is it feels like you have a wedgie for a few hours 555
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    But Flight of the Gibbon is designed by a Kiwi!

Looks good Rob.... the only problem is it feels like you have a wedgie for a few hours 555
    Yeah I know, but TA reviews swayed me toward JF. Our guides jovial banter was entertaining and the lunch was excellent. Son Richard wants to do their new 1.5 km zip-line when he returns in June.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Yeah I know, but TA reviews swayed me toward JF. Our guides jovial banter was entertaining and the lunch was excellent. Son Richard wants to do their new 1.5 km zip-line when he returns in June.
    FOTG is the best thing I have done is LOS and recommend it to all.... My daughter was 6 when I took her and she had an absolute ball
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

I panic going up the stairs at home... 555
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I panic going up the stairs at home... 555
    My last command had a 25m high main mast and I did NOT like going up in the bosuns chair, at all. Sign of age and regard for ones safety I guess.
    Jungle Flight was a walk in the park (a very big park too) .... NO PROBLEM at all. You feel totally safe ... in fact, most ppl don't even think about the height factor at all after the 1st zip-line. You could it. My 90 y/o Mum could do it. Hardest part is walking 600m back uphill at the end.
    Cheers, Rob.

^Maybe 20 years ago... 555

You know those bizarre escalators in shopping malls in Thailand? Where they seem suspended in mid-air? I just can't bring myself to go on them... 555.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    how the hell do you manage to fly anywhere DP...55555
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    how the hell do you manage to fly anywhere DP...55555
    It's getting worse Syd. I didn't mind flying when younger... but now, it's a challenge.... I always think of the Air France flight that fell out the sky over the Atlantic. Helps to keep me calm... 555

I can understand that ... Central Pattaya is a bit scary. Jungle flight not scary at all ... you can watch while I take my Mum. Flying, not shopping!
    Cheers, Rob.

I can understand that ... Central Pattaya is a bit scary. Jungle flight not scary at all ... you can watch while I take my Mum. Flying, not shopping!
    My mum did a parachute jump aged 70. I could never do that. I am so careful these days I always walk down stairs backwards... 555

My mum did a parachute jump aged 70. I could never do that. I am so careful these days I always walk down stairs backwards... 555
    I think a near-death adventure experience would fix you, just need a Sangsom or 6 before-hand. A VIP bus-load arrived at JF as we were leaving ... 3 of the party (all Poms) were so pissed the staff remarked in Thai "they not hurt if fall down". 555
    Cheers, Rob.

I think a near-death adventure experience would fix you, just need a Sangsom or 6 before-hand. A VIP bus-load arrived at JF as we were leaving ... 3 of the party (all Poms) were so pissed the staff remarked in Thai "they not hurt if fall down". 555
    I think my mum dropping me (twice) when I was an infant, so that I landed on the ground and then rolled under the car as she was getting out of it, has led to my panic later in life... if you can't trust your mum, why would I trust strangers... 555

Seriously I could never go on anything like that. But I'm sure a lot would love it...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    I think my mum dropping me (twice) when I was an infant, so that I landed on the ground and then rolled under the car as she was getting out of it, has led to my panic later in life... if you can't trust your mum, why would I trust strangers... 555

Seriously I could never go on anything like that. But I'm sure a lot would love it...
    And here was I thinking that all you Kiwi's bungy jumped when you weren't playing rugby... no wonder they packed you off to England 555555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Hardest part is walking 600m back uphill at the end.
    I did that one a couple of years ago and they said they were going to have another cable back to the drop off/pick up point.

Couldn`t see at the time that it would work going uphill...do all Thai`s lie??
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    And here was I thinking that all you Kiwi's bungy jumped when you weren't playing rugby... no wonder they packed you off to England 555555
    In all seriousness I was pretty good with heights when younger. I have just got worse with age. I see death around every corner now... 555

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Hmnnn .... this is already on my to do list for Chiang Mai in early Jan ... 2600 baht for the longest highest one ... been checking out the white water rafting trips as well ... Silk Trails does a bike/raft day ... anyone got any recommendations on White watering in CM?
    Life is the unexpected ...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    In all seriousness I was pretty good with heights when younger. I have just got worse with age. I see death around every corner now... 555
    You still think that there is nothing worse than death? ..... I see now what you have missed by not getting married a couple of times ....
    Life is the unexpected ...

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    You still think that there is nothing worse than death? ..... I see now what you have missed by not getting married a couple of times ....
    I agree. I'm not too worried about death. It's what comes just before that scares me... whether marriage or a long fall... 55

I agree. I'm not too worried about death. It's what comes just before that scares me... whether marriage or a long fall... 55
    Get married, Nick. A fall becomes a long-wished-for future adventure afterward!
    Cheers, Rob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast