Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xmas lunch or dinner, where to go?

Xmas lunch or dinner, where to go?

Who is doing what and where ... The Dukes, Yummy Pizza, Ban Wangtan ... what are the options?
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

I did want to have Christmas alone. But damn relatives won't let me... so there goes my happiness over Xmas... 555

An English Christmas with screaming kids... eek.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    We`ve booked a table for 12 at the Chedi for Xmas lunch.

I don`t think numbers have been finalised as yet.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Room for us 2?
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Should be able to.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I did want to have Christmas alone. But damn relatives won't let me... so there goes my happiness over Xmas... 555

An English Christmas with screaming kids... eek.
    I think that uncle DP should volunteer to dress up as Father Xmas and hand out all the pressies to the little ones, that should kill or cure his phobia over children 5555

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    I think that uncle DP should volunteer to dress up as Father Xmas and hand out all the pressies to the little ones, that should kill or cure his phobia over children 5555
    55555...i wanna be there to see that please..hopefully they are of the loud, obnoxious and ungrateful types
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Me, last Christmas...

Have you been a good girl?

Banned
    Last edited by Fionn; 17th July 2013 at 08:30.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    ^^^ and you wouldn't even care if she was naughty or nice
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fionn View Post
    The chedi, very nice. Stayed there a couple of times and food and service is very good.

Wish it wasn't the other side of Thailand. 5555

Still not sure what I will be doing in Surin yet, maybe go to Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
    I think waking up in Isaan on Christmas morning with the rising sun... and the animal noises at 6.00am is hard to beat....

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    ^^^ and you wouldn't even care if she was naughty or nice
    She'd still get her gift regardless... 555

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I think waking up in Isaan on Christmas morning with the rising sun... and the animal noises at 6.00am is hard to beat....
    It's not just the animal noises at 6, but all the other noises before dawn ... midnight songsam parties, 4am roosters calling, 5am Buddha rings gong etc. Living in CM city under CNX flight path is just sooooooooooooo peaceful by comparison.
    Cheers, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    It's not just the animal noises at 6, but all the other noises before dawn ... midnight songsam parties, 4am roosters calling, 5am Buddha rings gong etc. Living in CM city under CNX flight path is just sooooooooooooo peaceful by comparison.
    It's an orchestra of noise... but in the best possible way. Well worth experiencing.

^ i worked at a zoo for the better part of a year one time with early morning starts.

some interesting sunrise noises emanating from there 55

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ^ i worked at a zoo for the better part of a year one time with early morning starts.

some interesting sunrise noises emanating from there 55
    Taronga Park .... bit like sleeping in a room full of blokes after a night on the piss. 555
    Cheers, Rob.

Elephants trumpeting,lions roaring and god knows what else.

From the top of the function centre,where we use to climb to eat our lunch, at the top of the hill we had a 180 degree view of the city from the north....lovely.

One day me and my work mate,a mad surfer type,stopped work because there was a sprinkle of rain and partook in a little herb while walking around the zoo.

Walked towards the lions enclosure,couldn`t see any. Walked closer and closer to the window opening,still nothing. Got to the handrail that kept people back from the barred open window where you look in and leaned against it over trying to see the lion and all of a sudden it jumped and roared and barred it`s huge fangs inches away from us unexpectedly....fark!! we screamed like little girls and ran 555 It had been stalking us with barely a little of it`s eyes exposed,scared the bejeezuz out of us the state we were in 555

Banned
    Last edited by Fionn; 16th May 2013 at 11:01.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Elephants trumpeting,lions roaring and god knows what else.

From the top of the function centre,where we use to climb to eat our lunch, at the top of the hill we had a 180 degree view of the city from the north....lovely.

One day me and my work mate,a mad surfer type,stopped work because there was a sprinkle of rain and partook in a little herb while walking around the zoo.

Walked towards the lions enclosure,couldn`t see any. Walked closer and closer to the window opening,still nothing. Got to the handrail that kept people back from the barred open window where you look in and leaned against it over trying to see the lion and all of a sudden it jumped and roared and barred it`s huge fangs inches away from us unexpectedly....fark!! we screamed like little girls and ran 555 It had been stalking us with barely a little of it`s eyes exposed,scared the bejeezuz out of us the state we were in 555
    Moo at the zoo 555

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Xmas back here, will be a family affair at the olds for lunch, with TG here for her first ever Xmas, and starting to get a little bit excited.

The other night we had our first Xmas dinner with friends, Chicken and Prawn Pad Thai, fresh Marron, and these little festive critters with chocolate ice cream.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast