Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: De Chai - The Colonial Hotel

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

De Chai - The Colonial Hotel

I have recently stayed at this Hotel and was very impressed. First of all the staff were very friendly(also a couple cuties) and a great help. Very basic english but enough to get by. I stayed in a Deluxe room and the set up was very nice and open. The room had a separate Bathroom with a tub, large shower and sliding door separting room from Bathroom. My room had free WiFi and laptop sized safe. As the Hotel had only been operating for 3 months the place looked very new and was very clean. The exterior was very modern with the Thai touch. It is located very close to the Night Bazaar and night life on offer. Good Resturants in the area also.

At the Hotel they had an indoor swimming pool with a bar and separate showering facility. Bar prices were reasonable but a let down was that the pool was not heated and would almost say it was too cold to swim in. I did not use the resturant for a main meal (lunch, dinner) but did have the breakfast in the morning. I was not very impressed with the breakfast as the selection was minimal and quantity matched(had to wait to have more brought out) Had to order eggs and hot drinks separatly (at no extra charge with breakfast)

In conclusion i would recommend this place to anyone, but would be a better option for families or couples looking for a nicer way to spend their holiday. There is a Joiner fee of 800B for those Mongerers out there

The joiners fee is the coffin nail. They will lose a lot of business.
    I am no-one in Australia and a VIP in Thailand. I pick the latter.

escapingcanuck
    Joiners fee? Mongerers?

joiners fee is how much you would pay to if you were to bring a girl back to your room with you for the night and Mongerer is someone that goes to Thailand for the P4P and will go with a new girl every night

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    It looks really nice, G4. I'm sure you did not have to pay a joiner fee if Noy was travelling with you tho, correct?

if you book for 2 people to stay you will not have to pay a joiner fee. If you were to book for yourself alone, then you would have to pay the Joiner fee. So No i did not have to pay.

michlecotty
    All air-conditioning and extra spacious, the rooms are equipped with 37-inch flat screen TV Tak Chai, DVD player and iPod dock. Beautiful urban landscape can enjoy the clear floor-glass windows.