Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Chiang Mai Immigration Office - an article

Chiang Mai Immigration Office - an article

Anyone who has attended CM immi for visa extensions, 90 day reporting or in fact any other requirement, will know just how congested the old, under-staffed facility is.

I attended yesterday, middle of the week and mid-afternoon as being the best time, yet it was still crowded. Maybe not as bad as early Monday or Friday mornings, but chaotic all the same.

Part of the chaos was due to:-

a./ ticket machine broken and no 'notice' posted re 'come to desk x for a number'. Took me ~ 5 mins to figure that one out and grab a ticket...
    b./ electronic queue 'counter' broken - staff were calling numbers verbally, too soft to be heard in the noisy room.

This article highlights many of the problems > Chiang Mai Citylife: Immigration Frustrations: An Interview with the Superintendent of Chiang Mai Immigration by Pim Kemasingki <
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nomad's Avatar
    Good to hear a straight talking bureaucrat. I hope he sees it through to retirement.
    "Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy and do it. Everything else is just background noise." George Mason

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    2 years back , I attended there for a years 'Extension to Retirement Visa' and while the congestion was the same , the staff went out of their way to help me and were very professional , and crapped all over Phuket.
    Some sort of reform has taken place down here last year , and my 2 extensions since have been seamless and done with a minimum of fuss.
    The clearance rates are now such that any wait Ive had was no longer than 10 minutes.

Reform? It can be done.
    Here it took a lesbian boss to do so.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Was a good read Rob he seems serious and not blind to the mindless machine in BKK.

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    2 years back , I attended there for a years 'Extension to Retirement Visa' and while the congestion was the same , the staff went out of their way to help me and were very professional , and crapped all over Phuket.
    Some sort of reform has taken place down here last year , and my 2 extensions since have been seamless and done with a minimum of fuss.
    The clearance rates are now such that any wait Ive had was no longer than 10 minutes.

Reform? It can be done.
    Here it took a lesbian boss to do so.
    Simple things like improved signage and new ticket/queue machines would help enormously but yes, staff are polite.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ they need a bigger building.

The service seems to have gone downhill there just the last few months.The ticket machine has been out of order 3 out of the last 4 times i`ve been there.
    The biggest problem seems to be the large number of burmese being processed there?
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

If you go there watch out for petty thieves. I now use a lawyer and don't attend at all.
    The CM office needs expanding 3 times bigger.
    I am no-one in Australia and a VIP in Thailand. I pick the latter.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    Seconding your comments Chob - no need for ticket machines or numbers in Phuket Immi these days.