Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Driver in Chiang Mai

Driver in Chiang Mai

I will be heading up to Chiang Mai next month just wondering if anyone knows of any drivers willing to drive us around to all the sights for the day? or should i just ask any taxi driver?
    Mums coming along on this trip so wont be able to hire a bike as there will be 3 of us.
    cheers

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Matto VG has a thread here http://www.thai-dreaming.com/forums/...ports/4218.htm

He could tell you how to get in contact with the guys he used.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Oh yeah I'll send him a pm, thanks

Wherever you stay, there will be a/c mini-vans available with good English speaking drivers. ~1500 Bt negotiable for a whole day would be a reasonable starting point. Best to arrange day before and actually select the vehicle and driver in advance. Map out where YOU want to go, not where the driver wants to take you and have it all marked on a local map.

Any help req'd, just drop me a PM.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    A popular day trip is up to Doi Inthanon taking in the Maeya and Wachirathan waterfalls.

Samoeng loop taking in the tiger kingdom and snake shows a decent 1/2 day out...there`s a couple waterfalls out that way too but a little out of the way and also there`s not much water around ATM so not very spectacular.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Thanks for the advise guys,
    Doi inthanon is already a must, my gf loved it the first time round

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    I used Sabai Tour for my last two trips. Sasi arranged a first class guide for us. Paul is an ex-monk, friendly guy, with a great knowledge of the local history, and his own new, very comfy 4WD vehicle.

Or ... there are taxi or tuk-tuk drivers all over the place wanting to take you for a ride ... oops .... I mean, wanting to give you a tour!! 555 They are not certified guides, so what you get as far as accurate info is going to be really sketchy. Thailand has very strict requirements for anyone with a guide's license, so it just figures you are going to get a more knowledgable tour if you book a proper guide. Maybe you do not want to guide, but whoever you go with, you are going to pay for the gas, which is the bulk of the cost, so the further you travel, the more the tour is going to cost. If you just want someone to drive you from point "A" to point "B" tho, then you just need a driver, which you can find anywhere. Most taxi's I rode in wanted to drive me all over, tho I never asked what they charged.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Cool thanks vanguy, just checking out the Sabai tour website now