Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM January 2011

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

CM January 2011

I was up in Chiang Mai last month, for the first time, heres a few pics.........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Stayed at The Raming Lodge at the start of this month and was very happy with the place in General. I did really enjoy CM other then the fact i did have to spend a night in the Hospital... I will be back to see a little more next time

As you can see from the pic's I stayed at the Raming, great hotel(as recommended by many BM) I was there for two weeks, first impressions of Chiang Mai was this place is alot bigger than i expected(1.8 million population I am told), very beautiful city, the other thing i noticed was once you get out of town there was no signs in english, most signs were in thai.

I was travelling with my regular TG(2 years now) and my mate with me had a local TG and we thought no problem with traveling out of town with a bit of local knowledge, we traveled mainly on our motorbikes(Honda Click) not the case, both our Tg's would get lost 2 blocks away(they would never admit it) 5555

Our plan of a bit of local knowledge didnt work so it was up to me to memorise all the roads, worked out well after the first day 5555

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Our plan of a bit of local knowledge didnt work so it was up to me to memorise all the roads, worked out well after the first day 5555
    Yeah i coudl tell that. I went with my TGF and once she had seen it she knew where she was going (strange for a female 555) But I did manage to get lost but I blame it on the fact that there was a parade for Chinese new Years so all the main roads were blocked off 5555. I will admit it was a good ride around on my little Suzuki Moped but I had a tour to get to so was in a bit of a panic. I extended my stay before I left Aust and Raming Lodge was booked out so I stayed at De Chai (which was 3 months old) but taht was very nice also. I have some pics in my TR as well as the Chiang Mai Section on here. Did you make it to Chiang Rai at all?

Heres some more pics...............

2 years with your TG Rivo? Sounds serious... 555

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    Did you make it to Chiang Rai at all?
    Not this trip, we spent days out on the Sameong loop on our bikes, some great riding to be had, that is after an early breakfast at 9.45am after a late night, at the 69 bar, 9.30am for breaky then relax until midday until we get motivated off exploring on the bikes, great times..

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    2 years with your TG Rivo? Sounds serious... 555
    Yeah she luv me long time, I have to wait a few more years before its serious, then I will qualify to stay in LOS for three months, Bangkok maybe, have you been to Bangkok before Distant Peak ?

I loved Chiang Rai and will be back there as well. I would love to just go for a ride through the country-side of CM next time around. I get to 69 Bar and had a few drinks with Stu. Great little place there. Would also like to see Mae Hong Son next time around

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Yeah she luv me long time, I have to wait a few more years before its serious, then I will qualify to stay in LOS for three months, Bangkok maybe, have you been to Bangkok before Distant Peak ?
    555... I may have.

Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I loved Chiang Rai and will be back there as well. I would love to just go for a ride through the country-side of CM next time around. I get to 69 Bar and had a few drinks with Stu. Great little place there. Would also like to see Mae Hong Son next time around
    I like getting out of town on the bikes, those little scooters we had never gave up, and any one whose been out through the mountains will verify there are some decent hills to tackle, both up and down. We enjoyed some of the tourist attractions as well as just pulling up at one of the little roadside stall and having a snack. I am not a big Thai food person so I stuck with a big cup of strawberries(which were everywhere) and a cooldrink or icecream while the TG's order there favourite meals 5555

I will post some more pics tonight or tommorrow, I have taken plenty of pics of the flowers and gardens up in Chiang Mai which are stunning, so if flowers are not your thing I have warned you, and plenty of motorbike pics as well.

More pics from CM

And again.....

These pics out near Sameong

Here is some of the bikes we saw, notice the camera set up on the back of the Yamaha WR Motard.....

Some great pictures there mate. Wish i could go back right now...

Was she saying "Hansuuuum maaaan.... he's my brother... don't worry..." 555

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    All good pics makes you want to just head off and have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post

Was she saying "Hansuuuum maaaan.... he's my brother... don't worry..." 555
    She did tell me what these little signs were saying Dp, cant remember though, maybe someone can help. Can you read Thai Dp ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast