Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Things to do in CM

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Best thing to do is check on TR. Chances are if it's been done then it's listed there.

Things to do in Chiang Mai

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    I'll just give my vote to some places that have already been mentioned.

Doi Intanon was a real highlight for me, and the weather was perfect when I was up there last November during Loy Krathong. Several waterfalls just off the main road too, as you wind your way up into the park. Just watch for the signs, as some are really worth stopping to see.

White Temple was unique ... great to see ... and the Golden Triangle was great. Try to get a boat ride over the Mekong to the market on the Laos side. Some good bargains over there.

Doi Suthep, of course, but there are also some other very old Wats that are worth seeing, if that is your thing.

The big surprise of the last trip was "Royal Park Rajapruek" which was really worth the visit. A few other BM's ... Rivo comes to mind ... have also posted pics of it as well. Gorgeous gardens and layout.

Loy Krathong .... make sure you take a walk on both sides of the Ping River during the height of the celebrations. Street food galore, tons of people, and just a great feeling to it. Make sure you see the parade ...
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Rugby 10`s are on this saturday and sunday for anyone in town.

I went last year and really enjoyed it....steak sandwiches
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

The music is on at Hollanda Montri again this sunday....2pm to 6pm.
    They usually play every second sunday.

A collection of local muso's get together every second sunday to do their stuff.
    Some well known and talented guys and gals including Roddy Lorrimer who has performed with a number of bands, including Blur, Gene, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Eric Clapton, Suede, Beyonce, Jamiriquai,Dr John and The Waterboys.

Last year when the bars were closed for sunday voting they decided to rent out a couple of floating restaurants on the lake at Lampang and have their gig there. They joined the 2 together and had the band on one and the audience on the other...great day by all reports.
    This year they want to do something similar again but at the local Mae Ngat dam.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Looks good for when I am over Moo, is there a link to dates ect?

Seems like more word of mouth Pete but should be every other sunday now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Seems like more word of mouth Pete but should be every other sunday now.
    Thanks, I get to CM on the 13th March and will be there for two weekends, so I should get to catch one show.. But I am sure that I will bump in to you after I arrive as footy season must be almost apon us?

It's been a few years since I've been to Chiang Mai and I'm contemplating spending some time there on my next trip.

I've done most of the main sites but there were a few that I missed last time (golden triangle, wat rong Kun & doi Inthanon) plus I figure another day at doi suthep and doi Pui will go down nicely.

Has anyone here done any day trips to Chiang Dao? It looks to have some fantastic views but for someone doing a day trip from Chiang Mai is it still worth the journey? Mon jam is another place I want to see.

I take it loi kroh road still has a few bars open including the kick boxing soi? May take someone with me but just in case.

SE how was your trip to patara elephant farm? I've done Mae sa before which is probably the 'worst' of the lot so want to try one of the others this time.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Really enjoyed Patara , a great day out , we had two groups of eight , with our own Elephants each for the day , fed them , checked their health , dusted them down , rode them to the river , then got in the water and scrubbed then down , trekked through the jungle , had lunch then returned to the centre and met some new arrivals , one 15 days and the other 20 days old , really cute

Thought it was well run , the Elephants were well looked after , nice people

There are girls available in CM , but I think it would be more fun bringing your own TG

Did you book through a specific place for patara or do most tour booths book there? It's definitely on my list if I go there again.

Contact Patara directly , let them know what date you want , they will ask for your hotel and also ask you to confirm your booking again once you arrive in CM , they pick you up from your hotel and you pay at the end if the day

Quote Originally Posted by supersub View Post
    It's been a few years since I've been to Chiang Mai and I'm contemplating spending some time there on my next trip.

I've done most of the main sites but there were a few that I missed last time (golden triangle, wat rong Kun & doi Inthanon) plus I figure another day at doi suthep and doi Pui will go down nicely.

Has anyone here done any day trips to Chiang Dao? It looks to have some fantastic views but for someone doing a day trip from Chiang Mai is it still worth the journey? Mon jam is another place I want to see.

I take it loi kroh road still has a few bars open including the kick boxing soi? May take someone with me but just in case.

SE how was your trip to patara elephant farm? I've done Mae sa before which is probably the 'worst' of the lot so want to try one of the others this time.
    What time of the year are you thinking about?

There's not much at Chiang Dao other than the caves.

You could spend a few days around CR.
    There's some pics of the long tail ride down the Mae Kok in this section...also there's GT,Hall of Opium,White Temple and some other stuff from CR.

Go trekking or jungle-flying for kicks. For off-tourist-trail things refer my CM pictures thread.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Here's a new one to come to my attention,about an hour south of CM...

Thai Elephant Conservation Center Reviews - Lampang, Lampang Province Attractions

This is a government installation, elephants are not treated as clowns, they are gently treated and one has an idea on the interlink between elephants and northern Thailand life style.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Havent read the thread , but TV talks about CM Insect Museum here with glowing reports.
    200 baht entry.

Museum of Insects: a Chiang Mai Treasure - Chiang Mai Forum - Thailand Forum

I have walked past the place in the past. Perhaps a visit is in order next time.

^ be sure to use some repellent

There's a Bank of Thailand Museum too....not sure if it was mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    ^ be sure to use some repellent
    Gin and tonic 555
    Chob likes this.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast