Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Things to do in CM

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar

Things to do in CM

On my next visit , I will be in CM for six nights , five full days over the Loy Kratong period , the idea is to get most of my carousing done in Patts the week before , then do some sightseeing and enjoy the LK festivities ( which I assume are at night )

So far I have a day booked at Patara Elephant Farm

Elephant owner for a day...makes unforgettable stay

Doi Suthep is also on my list as is spending a day walking around CM itself

are there any other must sees around the area ( apart from the DownUnder pub , which I assume would be good for a couple of quiet drinks most evenings .. ), also any tour agents in the area anyone would recommend

Cheers

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน RakThai's Avatar
    Apart from the guide book things (sunday night market is not on your list..555)..

I really enjoyed walking around the university area.. local pubs between 4 pm and dinner time.. I think "Warm up" is a student hang out later in the night.. But I suppose the universities are closed for Loi Kratong?
    Other of the beaten track thing I liked is the parc south west end of the old city.. Good spot to just sit and read a book, while the world is passing by..555

King Of Flight jungle trek with waterfalls and a zipline may be an exciting one or two day experience for the outdoors type or just do Jungle Flight zipline ... it's fun. Refer TripAdvisor for details + I've done a write-up.

Ban Tawai craft village is interesting especially if wanting household items or do the usual boring umbrella/silk factory tours at Borsang.

With suitable transport, one might visit Pai, do the Samoeng loop or even venture as far as Phang Mapha caves. Visit Chiang Rai [nothing much to offer there IMO] enjoying Golden Triangle scenery on way to Mae Sai and a brief Myanmar visit.

Have a look thru my CM Photo tour thread for other options.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Knowing SE the way i do there`s a couple of soapies around if the need "arises" 555

Samoeng loop as mentioned and Doi Inthanon are interesting days out to take in the scenery and local waterfalls. It will be lush,green and clear air then.
    Beer Republic might tickle your fancy. Beer Republic Chiang Mai | 15 Imported Draft Beers in the Heart of Niman Warm Up and Zoe in Yellow,Loi Kroh bars etc
    A cruise on the Ping that ends up at an old Lanna house is very pleasant. CM Zoo.
    The old Lanna capital Wiang Kum Kam.

And yes Loi Kratong down by the river (right next door to the DUP) is a great experience.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Cycling - Chiang Mai

low key cycle sightseeing - article from today's Bangkok Post

[SIZE="3"]Pedal-powered panorama [/SIZE]
    Get on your bike for a leisurely look around the Kingdom's second city

or more energetic, mountain bike tours eg

Mountain Biking Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai Bike Rides

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
    low key cycle sightseeing - article from today's Bangkok Post

[SIZE="3"]Pedal-powered panorama [/SIZE]
    Get on your bike for a leisurely look around the Kingdom's second city

you've not met Ian then......555

or more energetic, mountain bike tours eg

Mountain Biking Chiang Mai

Chiang Mai Bike Rides
    you've not met Ian then.....555

Lew's agenda sounds good

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    Do a day trip to the Golden Triangle.

Yes
    I have an American female friend visiting from Oz over that time,I will probably take her to,Doi Suthep ,Inthanon,Samoen loop, Pai,Ban tawan,
    plus lots of other stuff,I have a motor,so if you are interested in coming one day to something PM me.My Thai GF probably come along too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    also any tour agents in the area anyone would recommend

Cheers
    I`ve used a few around Loi Kroh road before. Can`t remember which ones but they all have the same trips available and the ones i used were always willing to negotiate the price.

Only thing i don`t like about them is the transport. Been stuck with some real knucklehead drivers...which i wont do anymore as i`ve had a strong urge to thump a few over the years....life`s too short already without putting your life in the hands of an Asian driver.
    poseidon likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Boy's Blues Bar on a Monday night jam session in the night market area (Is it still open Moo?) Or any other night for that matter.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Will be in CM as well for the LK fest booked in at Royal Lanna Hotel this time around as I have stayed at and enjoyed Ramming about 4 times and forced myself to experience something different. I did read some ordinary reports about this hotel after I booked but we will see. have a room booked from the 10th floor up, deluxe according to the booking, any one have an opinion. 14th to 23rd Nov are my dates

Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    Will be in CM as well for the LK fest booked in at Royal Lanna Hotel this time around as I have stayed at and enjoyed Ramming about 4 times and forced myself to experience something different. I did read some ordinary reports about this hotel after I booked but we will see. have a room booked from the 10th floor up, deluxe according to the booking, any one have an opinion. 14th to 23rd Nov are my dates
    Just in time for someones birthday
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

You got a birthday around then ? Mine is the 26th, combined party down the DUP....

Quote Originally Posted by PeteGill View Post
    Boy's Blues Bar on a Monday night jam session in the night market area (Is it still open Moo?) Or any other night for that matter.
    Yeah,it`s still going and monday nights are great there.

Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post
    14th to 23rd Nov are my dates
    In that case i`d pencil in the 18th as a date for leaving on a ride,if you still want to do that?
    Last edited by Moo Uaon; 4th October 2013 at 17:02.

That sounds like a plan Lew, any sign of the new 800s in the hire shops?

^ haven`t been past any hire shops lately...maybe sunday on my way into DUP to watch the mighty Sea Eagles eat some bbq Chook!

edit;just saw they are offering test rides on them in BKK so can`t be too far off from being on sale.

I hate Manly but them Roosters **** me off even more, good luck mate, Public holiday on Monday, Labour Day, good for folk with hangovers 555

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo Uaon View Post
    Samoeng loop as mentioned and Doi Inthanon are interesting days out to take in the scenery and local waterfalls. It will be lush,green and clear air then.

Like Moo says combine these 2 into oneday SE, great scenery, do you drive a car yourself or ride a motorbike ? or do you prefer tours ?

The Golden Triangle combined with the White Temple is a long day but can be done and is well worth it, just get an early night the night before you go 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    I have an American female friend visiting from Oz over that time,I will probably take her to,Doi Suthep ,Inthanon,Samoen loop, Pai,Ban tawan,
    plus lots of other stuff,I have a motor,so if you are interested in coming one day to something PM me.My Thai GF probably come along too.
    PM sent thanks

Thanks for all the responses guys

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast