Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PeteGill
  • 1 Post By Moo Uaon

Thread: Accomodation help Chiang mai Songkran

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar

Accomodation help Chiang mai Songkran

I am coming to CM & CR in April with my 12 year old son and my Indo GF and her son for Songkran.

I need recommendations for some accommodation for CM. I have stayed at Ramming a few trips but because I have my GF and kids with me I would rather stay away from the bar area. May get recognised 55. Would rather a small family run guest house than a large hotel. Something neat and clean but very friendly. Something suitable for the kids 9 & 12 and GF. Joining rooms or some sort of family room would be good. Mid range to cheap.

Any help would be great.

Ash

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PeteGill's Avatar
    Give this place a go

Welcome to Thaphae Garden Chiang Mai Guest House

Small and friendly on a quiet side soi between Tha Phae Rd and Loi Kroh Rd.. Not far from Tha Phae Gate.
    It is a short stroll via the side roads to Loi Kroh and even shorter to Tha Phae.
    They have a pool, though it is under cover. so a bit chilly. some great places to eat quite close by including Rattana Caffee.

I have stayed there for the last three years and will be there again in March. the only downside is that they do not clean the room every day, but rather every third day. (You can pay a nominal fee inbetween though)
    Last edited by PeteGill; 18th October 2013 at 16:28.

Hi - it is 3yrs - Dec 2009 - since we stayed here Thaphae Garden since then two sets of friends have been there as well, no complaints; doesn't appear to have joining rooms though.
    Happily stay there again for accomm in that price range, arranged a couple of tours with them, everything went to plan, and it's off any main road, easy walk to Tha Phae gate area.
    Lots of reviews of it - plus alternative options - Trip Advisor

EDIT ha ha that is very much 'snap' I suspect I gave one petegill the info for this place back in Phuket forum days!! And he is a faster keyboarder than I am.

^^^ I do know that they have tripple rooms, so an extra bed may not be a proble as the rooms are a nice size.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    Thanks Pete I will check that out.
    Triple room is no good GF to noisy.

Ever stayed at my dream guest house in CR. I stayed last June was great. Was going to go again this trip.

Two doubles will still not be too expensive...But there are so many inexpensive GH's in Chiang Mai that I am sure you will not have a problem finding one to suit your needs. even over Songkran.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    here's a place that looks good value,just behind the raming lodge,big neat rooms,has a pool (small),brekky and 800baht/night..

Mandala House Chiang Mai, Thailand: Agoda.com

name like that i think our safa mates might like it
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

^^^ I have walked or jogged passed it a number of tomes and it certainly looks very nice from the outside. Not quite the correct spelling for the SAFFA mates though 555
    Quarky likes this.

^ i note that it was full the other day so seems popular seeing as it's low season and the place is quiet. 5 floors with a lift so maybe about 40 rooms with balconies offering a nice view over the area.
    there's a lot of little hotels in that area,probably more good ones there somewhere.
    PeteGill likes this.

If you travel those interconnecting Soi's between Thaphae and Loi Kroh Roads, just below the moat. You will be surprised at just how many small hotels and guest houses there are. Some very nice and upmarket places too.
    It is quiet in there and close to to most the action and restaurants as well. For anyone in town and looking for a place to stay a wonder around and a request for prices should yield some bargain accommodation.

I prefer it there to both inside the moat or the places on the busy roads.