Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Motorbike Rides in CM

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Thanks for the info, saves me the research when I eventually go and did it myself.

Some great riding up there G4orce, last trip I did all my riding on a Honda Click Scooter, two up, very slow but great for the ride, evey hill we went down Im getting poked in the ribs, cha cha cha she would say 555

Next trip I will hire the scooter again for the whole time im there as transport but will hire a bigger bike for some day trips, those Honda 400 fours would be good I think or they had many kawasaki 600 odd size that looked good as well

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Some great riding up there G4orce, last trip I did all my riding on a Honda Click Scooter, two up, very slow but great for the ride, evey hill we went down Im getting poked in the ribs, cha cha cha she would say 555

Next trip I will hire the scooter again for the whole time im there as transport but will hire a bigger bike for some day trips, those Honda 400 fours would be good I think or they had many kawasaki 600 odd size that looked good as well
    Yeah I had a talk to Jaffaman and he was telling me about it all, I have seen a lot of photos and it is a things I must do at some stage. I saw the Kawasaki 600s and thought I would have to give them a shot 555. I do not have much road riding experience but I love it none the less. Now I just have to try and get back to CM, with the whole Visa thing I may have the chance as after 3 months will need to do it all over again

Once you are in CM detailed maps of the GT Rider day trips are available, Bike shops and Roadhouses have them, makes the ride very easy and keep under the seat if you get lost. The first few days we had more trouble getting out of CM than in the country, and our two local TG tourguides were'nt much use with directions 555(Why you need picture, we go this way 5555)

I bought the Sameong Loop map from at a shop in Sameong for about 100 Baht and planned some more day trips from that, has all the attractions/sights etc listed.
    Last edited by Rivo; 12th March 2011 at 11:18.

I managed to get lost in CM so a map is a must for me. Because of the Chinese New Year Celebrations they blocked off all the main streets that I knew and had to try and work it all out for myself 555. I will admit it made the ride interesting and saw somethings i never thought I would get to see.

I think this day trip would be interesting, with the dam crossing included.....

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน OZZYGUY's Avatar
    July 2012 I hired a ER6 from Mr Mechanic, great company and bike was in good condition. I hired same bike a few months before from another company but the bike was not in as good nic.

We road 2up to CR stayed at my dream guest house and road around the north for a few days. Great trip.

This year will ride the Mai Hong Son loop. Hopefuly in July again.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    I think this day trip would be interesting, with the dam crossing included.....
    That one is just near Doi Saket,some nice water side restaurants there...when there`s water!! 555

This ferry crosses the Sirkit Dam south of Nan. Was there on friday and not too much water there ATM too.

Last edited by Moo Uaon; 21st April 2013 at 12:22.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Cadet Gold
    i am noticing that alot of these companies do not offer insurance on the bike what do you guys do to protect your self from damage some of these bikes are 10k and up easy

best to stay upright.
    we've done a lot of rides around CM and the north with other BM's and they have all been very experienced,good riders.
    only the one minor spill caused by sand that was laid on a patched piece of road...to stop it sticking to car tires. very dangerous practice!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar

Are you talking about this one 555
    5000 baht for the damage, good ride though, just remember to check the suspension settings before leaving the rental shop!
    Last edited by 1080; 21st October 2015 at 17:29.

Cadet Gold
    actually got a response back rental shop in chiang mai offer insurance to cover the damage ill post the link of the shop later

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Tony's Big Bikes and Mr Mechanic offer insurance to cover damage to the bike. It doesn't cover theft or third party damage.
    I don't think insurance companies will cover rental bikes and pretty sure the two mentioned above self-insure.

Cadet Gold
    All the bikes here are covered with the medical insurance for riders and pillions ( basic insurance ) and you can pay extra ( for the NC750 is 250THB/day ) for the full insurance that will be covered with the medical insurance and damage of the motorbike ( NC750 , in excess of 50,000 THB ). The only one thing in Thailand that not cover is theft.
    thats what i got in the email from tony im glad you mentioned that about third party insurance because reading that i assumed it was covered. this blows i cant afford to take a risk on an uncovered bike even tho this area of Thailand seems to have some fantastic roads

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Err... that's why you take out Travel Insurance, just read the fine print on what size bike is covered and have a licence.

Cadet Gold
    most of the travel insurances ive come across wont cover third party damage and medical claims as well as the motorcycle costs they will cover my medical expenses, if you have used a company that covered you that are in europe than please let me know

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080 View Post

Are you talking about this one 555
    5000 baht for the damage, good ride though, just remember to check the suspension settings before leaving the rental shop!
    Wow, 137,000 views .... love your username as well

geez,just read all the comments....controversial,to say the least 55

in the end it was the sand placed on top of the freshly laid hot mix that was the culprit which was impossible to see.
    i was first through and had a front and back lose similar to 1080's but gathered it in and looked back to see what it was that caused it. afterthought was i should have stopped and warned others behind.
    we had to move to level ground to check and sort the bike as that was a steep downhill section and needed to hold brakes on to stop them rolling.
    we found a small village with a bike workshop 5-10k's further and straightened the rear brake lever out with a big ring spanner.

quite a storm in a tea cup on YT there though 55

Newby
    My favorite is the dirt road from Samoeng to Mae Hong Son, a famous road, it is about 250km.
    In the middle is the village Wat Chan, now with some bungalow resorts and a tamrac road to pai.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast