Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By supersub

Thread: Chiang Dao

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar

Chiang Dao

Has anyone been and if so can someone recommend a 3 day itinerary? Thinking of doing this in between a few days in Chiang Mai to cover off a few things I've not yet seen there.

Looks beautiful from what I've seen on google.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    I had to Google...furthest I have been on that road is Mae Rim. Looks a treasure.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน supersub's Avatar
    Yeah lots of mountainous regions and national parks to see. Supposed to be some top restaurants in Chiang Dao too, and only around 90mins drive from Chiang Mai.

Quarky likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน briofoz's Avatar
    I guess you could carry on north and do a loop back to Chiang Rai. If you have time, do the Mae Sae, Golden Triangle area. It is all great country. Last time up there, we followed HWY1149 from Mae Sai. It mostly runs along the top of a ridge, and is on the border with Myanmar. A few Army checkpoints on the way. Some amazing non touristy I guess Hill Tribe villages.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    ^ that gets packed out with thais in the holiday period of jan. quite dangerous on the narrow roads with cars coming the other way on the wrong side.
    nice ride on a bike.

you could probably cover a lot of CD in a day.
    if you had a car and headed north from CM you could overnight there on the way...CM-CD-doi mae salong-doi tung and CR. great little road trip although the roads are quite windy and could be considered a little dangerous for the inexperienced thai road user.

Santikhiri (DMS) is a chinese village perched on top of the hills there and has a bit of history about and a museum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santikhiri
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS