• 1 Post By Quarky
  • 1 Post By Quarky
  • 1 Post By Bar Four
  • 1 Post By Quarky
  • 1 Post By Moo Uaon
  • 1 Post By Nubbins

Thread: Finding apartment near Suk Soi 11

Finding apartment near Suk Soi 11

Hey everyone. So I am on the short list for a job in Bangkok that is located near Sukhumvit Soi 11. I am currently near Toronto, where I've had to commute up to 3 hours a day getting in and out of the city - I really want to avoid another commuting situation if possible!

So if I should be fortunate enough to relocate, I am hoping to find an apartment (1 bedroom) near Soi 11. Don't know if it's a pipe dream, but hoping for between $15-20k baht, furnished. I've been checking out a few websites, but am guessing there must be some better sites out there than what I am finding through google searches - any advice on the best places to check online?

Thanks very much!

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    If you are near the BTS , then travelling shouldn't be too bad , this site looks good

Apartments, Condominiums, and Houses for Rent near the BTS Skytrain
    VanD likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Mr. Smiley's Avatar
    If you haven't done so already, try posting in the "Desperately Seeking Bangkok (DSBKK)" [facebook group] too. It has about 27k+ members so if you can't get a good response here you should be able to get a good response there.
    VanD likes this.
    Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Excellent, thank you! I will check it out - much appreciated.

Perfect, thanks Smiley - didn't know that group was out there. I will definitely have a look. Cheers!

Not a bad place to start...

Thaiapartment.com No.1 Thailand Apartment Portal

I stayed here for 13,000 baht a month (I was here for 3 months) Soi 36. Its about a 40 minute walk to Soi 11.. or 5 mins on the BTS.... and the BTS is 2 mins from this apartment...

Rung Aroon Mansion, Bangkok, Thailand

Or pay a bit more for...

VanD likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Not a bad place to start...

Thaiapartment.com No.1 Thailand Apartment Portal

I stayed here for 13,000 baht a month (I was here for 3 months) Soi 36. Its about a 40 minute walk to Soi 11.. or 5 mins on the BTS.... and the BTS is 2 mins from this apartment...

Rung Aroon Mansion, Bangkok, Thailand
    Looks absolutely perfect - this would suit just fine, and looks like a killer deal at 13k. Brilliant - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by VanD View Post
    Looks absolutely perfect - this would suit just fine, and looks like a killer deal at 13k. Brilliant - thanks!
    Contact them for current prices.. may have changed since I was there. My room was only 11,000 baht a month if you stayed there a year... internet and electricity were on top... which were about a 1000 baht per month each.
    VanD likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Stillearly's Avatar
    Contact them for current prices.. may have changed since I was there. My room was only 11,000 baht a month if you stayed there a year... internet and electricity were on top... which were about a 1000 baht per month each.
    Didn't you find it a little claustrohobic staying in a studio for such a long time , or were you out all the time , I think I would need somewhere to sit and relax away from the bed

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Didn't you find it a little claustrohobic staying in a studio for such a long time , or were you out all the time , I think I would need somewhere to sit and relax away from the bed
    I had a desk which I was working from in there as well as a comfy chair. Its a big room with a kitchenette area and large bathroom too. Didn't feel claustrophobic at all. Also a balcony. But there are larger rooms too if you want to pay a bit more...
    Stillearly likes this.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MyVie...ref=ts&fref=ts

Apartments in Soi 4, 15-20 mins walk from Soi 11. I stayed there for a couple of years. You can get them short term or long term. The reason I left is they had too many short term renters. It might serve as a base whilst you look around.

I have found the best way to find an apartment is to walk around the area you would like to be in. Find a building and walk in and ask what is available. Dress well. It is often the manager you will speak to and not the apartment owner. If you are not well presented the manager can just give you the flick.

You might look in Soi 10 which is opposite Soi 11. There are nice apartments down there but you may have to pay 25k pm. Also Soi 6 close to Soi 11. Saranjai is a big apartment block with apartments in your price range.

Good luck.

Regards,

Mark
    VanD likes this.
    Bar4 - Sukhumvit Soi 4, Nana

Quote Originally Posted by Bar Four View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/MyVie...ref=ts&fref=ts

Apartments in Soi 4, 15-20 mins walk from Soi 11. I stayed there for a couple of years. You can get them short term or long term. The reason I left is they had too many short term renters. It might serve as a base whilst you look around.

I have found the best way to find an apartment is to walk around the area you would like to be in. Find a building and walk in and ask what is available. Dress well. It is often the manager you will speak to and not the apartment owner. If you are not well presented the manager can just give you the flick.

You might look in Soi 10 which is opposite Soi 11. There are nice apartments down there but you may have to pay 25k pm. Also Soi 6 close to Soi 11. Saranjai is a big apartment block with apartments in your price range.

Good luck.

Regards,

Mark
    Checked out the FB page - perfect. Thanks for the info, Mark. I'll also check out the other areas you suggested. This is a huge help - I've visited this part of BKK a few times in the past, but have never looked at it from a long-term perspective, so I am really pleased to find good options in my price range in this part of the city. Much appreciated!

I agree with Mark. I walked around and viewed a lot of places before deciding. Photos can be misleading! Also the attitude of the staff swayed me as well. I liked the professional but friendly attitude...
    VanD likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Moo Uaon's Avatar
    you gotta be on the ground and be willing to haggle to get the best deal and place to suit you.
    VanD likes this.
    FACE YOUR FEARS LIVE YOUR DREAMS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Nubbins's Avatar
    "I want to take this apartment, but I can't pay that much.

Can we agree on a bit less money per month?"

A 12 month deal will be quite attractive to them.
    VanD likes this.

I agree with Mark. I walked around and viewed a lot of places before deciding. Photos can be misleading! Also the attitude of the staff swayed me as well. I liked the professional but friendly attitude...
    Great advice. I am sure this is what I'll do. I also appreciate Moo and Nubbins for their thoughts on haggling and being onsite. For now, I just wanted to do some preliminary digging online to wrap my head around what's out there as a starting point. I thought maybe my budget was too low, but I'm actually finding plenty in my price range, so it's encouraging, for sure. Thanks, guys.

Platinum
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    Let's check out DP's TR for the three months he was there.........

Quote Originally Posted by Cashpoint View Post
    Let's check out DP's TR for the three months he was there.........
    Actually back on PI I did write quite a bit on my search for a place...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Zablive's Avatar
    For me I need a kitchen separate from the bedroom.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zablive View Post
    For me I need a kitchen separate from the bedroom.
    I would need that if i lived alone......triply so living with a TG!! 555