Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By bacwaan
  • 2 Post By kaptainrob
  • 1 Post By MarcTwoSix

Thread: Shopping online in Thailand - post your experience here

Shopping online in Thailand - post your experience here

LAZADA, now an Alibaba owned company, is very big and well respected in Thailand. We've been using Lazada for over 18 months, delivery is swift and even warranty service and returns are easily handled ... [eg: drop off at 7-11]

IKEA has just gone online and their website is pretty good, delivery to almost all provinces cheap (~149thb) via parcel post for small items or by carrier for larger [furniture] items.
    Nothing beats a personal visit to their Bangkok stores but for those familiar with IKEA product this is a very welcome service.

HomePro have a very good online presence though we live so close to major stores there's been no need to use the online service and our local stores match online discounts anyway.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    I downloaded the Lazada App on Saturday, with a bit of help from Norabunga as the App is in Thai, you need to go to settings and change language from Thai to English, and then it was pretty easy to join up.

I tried my 1st purchase on Saturday arvo and it was very easy, I bought a waterproof USB power plug for my motorbike, 200baht and 33baht to get it delivered to my place. Lots of options to pay, C/Card/Paypal/COD or pay at a shop, I chose to pay at a 7/11................once I had chosen my payment method I received a text message with a bar-code, took it to a 7/11 and they scanned it and took my payment of 233baht. I got an email to say payment received about an hour later, fast-forward to today and got a phone call at about 830am to ask if im home to accept my delivery, 10am the Kerry Van pulled up with my package.

Couldnt be any easier, great service
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

We bought 5 rolls of drawer liner, a non skid plastic for utensil and pot drawers, via Lazada. I'd seen the product in Oz and nothing was available at Robinsons/Central so found it online at 120bt per roll, buy 5 and get free delivery (from China). Arrived 8 days later via Kerry.

Just had an 18 piece dinner set + flatware delivered ex IKEA's Qantum delivery service. 18kg box expertly packed with loads of big bubble wrap arrived in 3 days @ 149bt delivery fee.

Great way to shop in Thailand. My next purchase will be a 25k bt electronics item ex Bangkok, saving around 6k off CM shop price.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    I went down to the local Sunday Night Walking St Market the other night to buy a pulled pork panani (can't get that on Lazada 555)....delicious and excellent value at 100 baht

anyway, along the way I bought a new "Armani" black leather wallet which I must say is beautiful, made from lovely soft leather...2 new pairs of sunglasses: one Raybans the other Luis Vuitton......plus a bottle of GIO, the man scent from Armani that I favour.....

all I had in my pocket was a 1K baht note..but I came home with change...555
    justcruzing1 and Ian Forbes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    I went down to the local Sunday Night Walking St Market the other night to buy a pulled pork panani (can't get that on Lazada 555)....delicious and excellent value at 100 baht

anyway, along the way I bought a new "Armani" black leather wallet which I must say is beautiful, made from lovely soft leather...2 new pairs of sunglasses: one Raybans the other Luis Vuitton......plus a bottle of GIO, the man scent from Armani that I favour.....

That's a tad exxy for top brand names nelson. 555. Should try Shoppee dot com.
    Sydney and bacwaan like this.
    Cheers, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    That's a tad exxy for top brand names nelson. 555. Should try Shoppee dot com.
    how quickly can they deiver a pulled pork panini?...55

how quickly can they deiver a pulled pork panini?...55
    Probably not as quick as your onbike buying spree.
    Cheers, Rob.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน MarcTwoSix's Avatar

That "GIO" scent(which I love) will be gone off you before you get to the bar 555

By the way...........how great is Thailand if you have young kids
    Just buy them the knock-offs since they grow out of shit so fast
    bacwaan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcTwoSix View Post
    That "GIO" scent(which I love) will be gone off you before you get to the bar 555
    I have been using the knock-off Acqua d' GIO from this particular lady for about 5-6 years...the scent is pretty much indiscernable (to me anyway) from the Armani manufacturers original....I always have a bottle of each on hand..original and copy...and I always travel with the original + use it for "occasions.....but this knock-off bottle once again passed the sniff and spray (on body) test...works just fine for the girls in the bars and clubs etc, they always make a fuss about how nice I smell...555

I'd say if there is any real difference (once again to me only) the knock-off is not quite as potent and probably doesn't last as long as the original....but as far as the actual scent goes...I'm no wiser...