Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: WA here I come!!!

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar

WA here I come!!!

Arriving tomorrow 4pm and will be there until Friday midnight.

PM me for my number, hopefully I can scrounge a few free tickets, cant promise though, they are getting stricter every show

Im hoping I'll be free Friday afternoon until I fly home, so would love to catch up for a beer with any free BM's

I can usually sneak away for a beer at the show from Thursday lunch onwards

Condo

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Awwesome ! will try to catch up with you !

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Still QLD going to miss you over there...next year now.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Condo, what are you doing in Washington??!! .... ....
    Quarky likes this.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Great to meet you tonight Condo ! Always good to put a face to the Words on a screen !

Quote Originally Posted by Gazmac View Post
    Great to meet you tonight Condo ! Always good to put a face to the Words on a screen !
    Yeah, same here mate. Im back on the coast again after the red eye flight. Good luck with all your future plans, hope all goes well.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    Condo, what are you doing in Washington??!! .... ....
    VG77 he was in WA (Western Australia), or more so the capital city, Perth.

We will get you educated in Ausie talk, and then make you an Honary Ausie, or is that Ornary Ausie 555555

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    VG77 he was in WA (Western Australia), or more so the capital city, Perth.

We will get you educated in Ausie talk, and then make you an Honary Ausie, or is that Ornary Ausie 555555
    I'm trying, JC, I'm trying!! 555 But lately you guys have been dropping vocab I've never heard before. Gotta remember that not every BM and potential BM will be from the land down under. I'm going to have to pull out my old "Midnight Oil" LP's just to get into the groove again! 555
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

I'm trying, JC, I'm trying!! 555 But lately you guys have been dropping vocab I've never heard before. Gotta remember that not every BM and potential BM will be from the land down under. I'm going to have to pull out my old "Midnight Oil" LP's just to get into the groove again! 555
    Aaaahh... memories...

My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Condo View Post
    Yeah, same here mate. Im back on the coast again after the red eye flight. Good luck with all your future plans, hope all goes well.
    Been coughing up a lung all week..........next time.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Aaaahh... memories...

So is that WA? .... looks like a lot of desert!!
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    The State, West Australia is the largest state in Australia and almost takes up half the country... being so large it is quite diverse in it's landscape, It would have to claim to have some of Australia's best beaches along with some of the largest rainforest's, but it is fair to say that it has a large percentage of dessert that are mineral rich keeping the Aussie dollar one of the most buoyant dollars in the world...

So is that WA? .... looks like a lot of desert!!
    Yep a lot a desert a lot of Gold, natural Gas and it seems at times that under the desert is 99% Iron Ore.

This is why the Aussie dollar is doing so well.

I did notice that your WA (Western Australian) wines were a little on the expensive side compared to the same bottle in Queensland. Must be all the miners prepared to pay more.

Also at the airport I saw a few Qantas, Jetstar and Virgin Blue aircraft and about 30 aircraft dedicated to charter flights to the mines.

I applied for this job on Friday

Dump Truck Operators

Mount Gibson Iron Ore is a leading independent Australian iron ore producer, Their picturesque Koolan Island operation is located off the northern Kimberley coast

This position is offered on a 2 week on, 1 week off FIFO (Fly in Fly out) roster for a 3 month contract with view to permanency for the right candidate. Flights depart Perth for Broome, where you transfer to Koolan Island via light aircraft. This year the site will see new operating equipment and an upgrade to its camp and recreational facilities. While on site, you will be staying in an ensuite room with foxtel (Pay TV) and access to site facilities such as a wet mess, dry mess & gym. Optus mobile phone coverage available only on site.

For those who enjoy an ocean breeze & the perfect WA sunset – this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!

Sounds like a holiday resort to me and at $120K per year and 9% super who could resist.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Condo View Post
    Yep a lot a desert a lot of Gold, natural Gas and it seems at times that under the desert is 99% Iron Ore.

This is why the Aussie dollar is doing so well.

I did notice that your WA (Western Australian) wines were a little on the expensive side compared to the same bottle in Queensland. Must be all the miners prepared to pay more.

Also at the airport I saw a few Qantas, Jetstar and Virgin Blue aircraft and about 30 aircraft dedicated to charter flights to the mines.

I applied for this job on Friday

Dump Truck Operators

Mount Gibson Iron Ore is a leading independent Australian iron ore producer, Their picturesque Koolan Island operation is located off the northern Kimberley coast

This position is offered on a 2 week on, 1 week off FIFO (Fly in Fly out) roster for a 3 month contract with view to permanency for the right candidate. Flights depart Perth for Broome, where you transfer to Koolan Island via light aircraft. This year the site will see new operating equipment and an upgrade to its camp and recreational facilities. While on site, you will be staying in an ensuite room with foxtel (Pay TV) and access to site facilities such as a wet mess, dry mess & gym. Optus mobile phone coverage available only on site.

For those who enjoy an ocean breeze & the perfect WA sunset – this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!

Sounds like a holiday resort to me and at $120K per year and 9% super who could resist.
    Good luck Condo!
    If they have any un-skilled positions like cleaning let me know.... I'd be happy on 80-90k!!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    FIFO a big thing here in WA, a few blokes where I am, partnered up and got a car so they can all drive to Perth and back to work. Condo where would you reside if you got the job? How will Ning cope with you away weeks at a time ?

Never interested me, I know the money is good, but must be hard on family, and especially with kids.
    Last edited by Arliss Michaels; 29th May 2011 at 12:13.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Arliss Michaels View Post
    FIFO a big thing here in WA, a few blokes where I am, partnered up and got a car so they can all drive to Perth and back to work. Condo where would you reside if you got the job? How will Ning cope with you away weeks at a time ?

Never interested me, I know the money is good, but must be hard on family, and especially with kids.
    Ning and I would move over to the west coast.

No kids to worry about.

Ning is a Thai and all she can see is more money means more louis Vuitton 55555

She dosnt care if we move. We can rent the house out here. She would have no troubles getting work in another restaurant.

She is 6 hours from home, at about $200 one way what more could she want.

I would also have to say I now believe Perth to be the most beautiful uncongested city in Australia. 5pm Tuesday afternoon we drove straight through the city and there was virtually no traffic.

I might add I grew up in Bullsbrook from 73' to 76'

Worked on the Great Northern Highway 1989 to 1990

Leinster in the WA desert (Open Cut Nickel mine) in 1991

Based Scarborough Beach but worked at Eneabba 92' - 93' (Mineral Sand Mine)

So im nearly a local 55555555

Well if you get the job we will have to have a welcome home party !

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Been coughing up a lung all week..........next time.
    No problems Minder. I hear you had a cold snap last night?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    ^Might have to come with you up north.55555

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast