Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Surrealist Moment in a City of Hockey Fans

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar

Surrealist Moment in a City of Hockey Fans

Just a bit of background before you watch this video ...

Vancouver is a hockey city that lives and dies with its Canucks. That being said, on Tuesday night, 1 out of three Canadians were watching the final seconds of the Canucks vs San Jose in Game 5 of their playoff series. In the city of Vancouver, it was likely 8 out of 10 Vancouverites were infront of their television sets watching the game. Vancouver is one win away from advancing to the Stanley Cup Finals, but in with 20 seconds left, they still trail by a score of 2-1. Then .. with 14 seconds left to play Vancouver scores the tying goal to send the game to Overtime ...

A resident of a high-rise in the downtown area of the city had her video recorder aimed out of her balcony and recorded the moment.

Give it time ... this goes from an urban still life to something else ....

[SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    okayyyyyyyyyyyy what did i miss ?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Is this the video equivalent of Where's Wally?*nothing+
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

You have to make sure your sound is up ... and be patient ... the tying goal was scored at the 0:33 point in the vid.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Yeah... it didn't work with the sound down. I was waiting for windows to explode and stuff.... 555

I turned the sound up and heard some yelling... ;-)

I heard Vancouver was a great place to be during the winter Olympics. Great atmosphere etc.

Last edited by Quarky; 27th May 2011 at 22:14.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Ah well ... guess you had to be there.

During the game you could walk across the busiest street in town mid-block and not have to worry about being hit by a car ... nothing was moving. Everyone who was not at the game, or was unlucky enough to be at work, was somewhere watching the game on TV. Bars were packed, streets and sidewalks were empty .... except for a crowd of close to 10,000 gathered outside Rogers Arena to watch it on a big outdoor screen. It literally felt like a ghost town.

Then the goal was scored. You have to remember that the camera is positioned at least 10 stories above street level. There is dead silence ... hardly a sound to be heard. Basically the entire city is holding its collective breath, most resigned to the fact that there will be a Game 6 back in San Jose. Then the goal is scored. Yes you hear a lot yelling DP. 555 Basically that was heard all across town... the transition from utter silence to frenzied yelling and screaming ... cars honking ... in the case of this video, the guy directly across pounding on his window. From 10 stories up, you here all this noise swelling up from all around you.

Ah well .... like I said, maybe you had to be there.
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    Ah well ... guess you had to be there.

During the game you could walk across the busiest street in town mid-block and not have to worry about being hit by a car ... nothing was moving. Everyone who was not at the game, or was unlucky enough to be at work, was somewhere watching the game on TV. Bars were packed, streets and sidewalks were empty .... except for a crowd of close to 10,000 gathered outside Rogers Arena to watch it on a big outdoor screen. It literally felt like a ghost town.

Then the goal was scored. You have to remember that the camera is positioned at least 10 stories above street level. There is dead silence ... hardly a sound to be heard. Basically the entire city is holding its collective breath, most resigned to the fact that there will be a Game 6 back in San Jose. Then the goal is scored. Yes you hear a lot yelling DP. 555 Basically that was heard all across town... the transition from utter silence to frenzied yelling and screaming ... cars honking ... in the case of this video, the guy directly across pounding on his window. From 10 stories up, you here all this noise swelling up from all around you.

Ah well .... like I said, maybe you had to be there.
    I know the feeling VG. It's the same here when England play a world cup football match. The country becomes a ghost-town. It is quite surreal.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team