Where is Everyone ?

Forum has been a bit slow lately, doesnt help when :

DP is in new Zealand, dont think they have computers there 555

Minder is off in Bangkok, last sighted Soi Cowboy 555

G4orce has moved to LOS and living in the village 555

VG is too busy packing(including a comb) for his big trip 555

At least we should have some good Trip Reports coming up 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Was thinking the same same... Even Wabs is off the boil!

I'm here !
    *Cha Ching*

We need some more smilies... a waving hand, thumbsup, etc....

I am finding most Forums pretty slow, it's the mid-year, winter, tax-time blues that causes this phenomena in the southern hemisphere. Combine that with talk of the global economy worsening, EU problems and even PI is a lot quieter than normal.

Meanwhile in lala-land, it is a beautiful 28C morning with a gentle breeze and blue skies. Get your sorry cold ass over here!
    G4orce and Changone like this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post

I am finding most Forums pretty slow, it's the mid-year, winter, tax-time blues that causes this phenomena in the southern hemisphere.
    That's exactly my problem. I'm in hibernation in miserable Adelaide counting down the days until the next trip to LOS -- 83 days

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Hey Norabunga, where is your next trip in LOS too, CM again ?

I am off to CM in early August, have you been that time of the year, hope its not too wet, I have got some motorbike trips planned with a mate.

Was there in January and had a ball.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Meanwhile in lala-land, it is a beautiful 28C morning with a gentle breeze and blue skies. Get your sorry cold ass over here!
    Next month I'm on the big bird to LOS for 3 weeks, looking forward to getting away from this cold weather.

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Hey Norabunga, where is your next trip in LOS too, CM again ?

I am off to CM in early August, have you been that time of the year, hope its not too wet, I have got some motorbike trips planned with a mate.

Was there in January and had a ball.
    Yeah. CM again. Can't get enough of it. Booked for a month next Feb too.
    I was there last August and did a couple of day rides with Loop and Jaffaman. One day the weather was great. We rode up to Doi ang Khang. Clear air and beautiful views. The other ride was a bit wet. It rained almost all day :-(

It doesn't rain all the time. If you can pick the right weather you might have a dry day ride but if you go on a multi day ride I can almost guarantee you'll get wet at some stage. All great fun though.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Where is everyone? I was thinking the same thing this morning when I posted a "I miss Thailand" Vid in the nightlife section ..go on...you know you want to....555
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I'm here !
    *Cha Ching*

We need some more smilies... a waving hand, thumbsup, etc....

I am finding most Forums pretty slow, it's the mid-year, winter, tax-time blues that causes this phenomena in the southern hemisphere. Combine that with talk of the global economy worsening, EU problems and even PI is a lot quieter than normal.

Just gotta cure some of those blues and I'm there Kap'n...555
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar

That's enough to make you want to get on the first plane out to LOS and escape this 15 degrees UK summer.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน 1080's Avatar
    Been a bit quiet myself, the LOS blues have hit hard and the cool and wet weather has not helped a lot either. Anywho getting back into the swing of things now, slowly…
    Been back now for 2 weeks and haven’t even booked my next trip, only because I have a trip to Phillip Island organized for October, 2 weeks riding to Melbourne and back for the MotoGP.
    Had a good trip, sorry about the lack of a report but I did enjoy myself and it was good to meet up with old and new friends, Eye kaptainrob.
    Speaking of Soi Cowboy, I ventured there during the daytime for a look and I have to say, “what a dive”, a dirtier more rancid place I have yet to come across. Giving the joint the benefit of the doubt I returned about 10 pm and was equally unimpressed, little children begging all over the place, old hags with their hands out, WTF. Ok so I didn’t go into any of the bars, cause the old dears put me off, but I had seen enough from the outside.
    Did get to Annies for 1 & hours of bliss though. She was Rr and an A1 I must say.
    CM was good to visit again, dropped in to 69 bar a few times and caught up with JM and his lovely lady also watched the first State of Origin game with JM and met a bloke I new 25 years ago who knows a few people I know that live in Thailand, small world ain’t it!
    Cheers all
    Last edited by 1080; 20th June 2011 at 17:46.

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    I'm off to conference. No signal at hotel so I'm not here much. Will catch up on my return home. New members could try to mix things up a bit and join the fun.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    "try to mix things up a bit and join the fun."

What you talkin bout Annie???? 55555

To Rockett,
    Welcome and with 4 trips under your belt I am looking foward to your input and experience's.

You will find us a bit different to other Thai forum's.

We try to cover all of Thailand, not just one location, and then seperate branch's.

We are also a lot less in your face mongering, as most of us have done that and got it out of the system, so no need to talk about or do it. Mind you i'm sure many of us could excel in advice on mongering if needed.5555

Now, most of us have other interests/things on our agenda. A bit more couple/family friendly.

Your welcome to post what you want, when you want, and I/we will be looking foward to your experienced contribution.

JC1

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I have pulled back a little did not want to over power everyone.....But totally here peeps (trying to get down with the lingo 5555)

Intoduced to Canefire rum last night thanks to Gazmac.......nearly took the bottle to bed to sleep with.55555

I have to say it is the BEST rum i have EVER had!! Cheers Gaz

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Well with both G4orce and DP away from their computers, there goes about 75% of the total post output. 555 Of course G4 has the excuse that his work involves posting on TD.

I've been diverting myself a little with other things ... movies, online games (my favorite MMO if anyone has a clue what that is ... I just happen to be a genuine computer gaming geek and have been for years) and even reading. I'm finding the closer I'm getting to the departure date, the harder it is to stop myself thinking about the trip every waking second. Remember, this will only be my 2nd trip to LOS ... I'm still almost a virtual LOS virgin ... almost. I've posted a few times, both here and on PI, but basically I'm trying to keep my mind off the trip before I collapse from a bad case of chronic impatience!

On the flip side of that, in the past week I've had 4 different co-workers ask me what I was so happy about. One guy said he has never seen me smile so much. Anticipation is a good thing.
    justcruzing1 likes this.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    I have pulled back a little did not want to over power everyone.....But totally here peeps (trying to get down with the lingo 5555)

Intoduced to Canefire rum last night thanks to Gazmac.......nearly took the bottle to bed to sleep with.55555

I have to say it is the BEST rum i have EVER had!! Cheers Gaz
    Is that another way of saying that you passed out with the bottle in your hand????

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Guilty as charged here....to many other things going on at the moment....

But really miss posting my 2.5 cents worth here.

Hopefully one day in the future " I'll be back"
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post

Weall miss you Sydney,,,Come back soon mate.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    Is that another way of saying that you passed out with the bottle in your hand????
    Wanted to but that work thingy......Bastarrd work.5555

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    Well with both G4orce and DP away from their computers, there goes about 75% of the total post output. 555 Of course G4 has the excuse that his work involves posting on TD.

I've been diverting myself a little with other things ... movies, online games (my favorite MMO if anyone has a clue what that is ... I just happen to be a genuine computer gaming geek and have been for years) and even reading. I'm finding the closer I'm getting to the departure date, the harder it is to stop myself thinking about the trip every waking second. Remember, this will only be my 2nd trip to LOS ... I'm still almost a virtual LOS virgin ... almost. I've posted a few times, both here and on PI, but basically I'm trying to keep my mind off the trip before I collapse from a bad case of chronic impatience!

On the flip side of that, in the past week I've had 4 different co-workers ask me what I was so happy about. One guy said he has never seen me smile so much. Anticipation is a good thing.
    Mate, it is good to see people notice you are happy! Thanks to LOS.

It is funny how we build up the expaction and then it is miles above what we expected. Thank you LOS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post

Don't worry Sydney, we are looking after things, looking at best Thai girl photo's etc while you grind away.5555

We do know your there for the long hall, and you don't need to look at photo's as you have your perfect Thai girl alongside you ( perfect except for cooking 5555)

Cheer's mate 555

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast