Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: I'm Back in Australia and back online

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

I'm Back in Australia and back online

I am back to a frezzing Melboune after what i would say was a Trip of a Lifetime. It was full of many ups and a couple downs as well. I made a few new friends along the way. I was kept saying this will be my last trip for a while, but I love the place so much that I can't see myself staying away. I have much more knowledge now and a few ideas as well.

It looks like I have a lot of reading to do and will try to catch up as quick as I can. I have my GF back here with me now and so far she is loving the country. I will get back into the swing of things soon and get up to date with everyone.

Feel free to send me a PM if you need and i will get back to you as soon as i can.

G4orce

Also to all the new members, Welcome to the board and look forward to getting to know you better.
    Last edited by G4orce; 24th June 2011 at 17:01. Reason: additional Comment

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by G4orce View Post
    I am back to a frezzing Melboune after what i would say was a Trip of a Lifetime. It was full of many ups and a couple downs as well. I made a few new friends along the way. I was kept saying this will be my last trip for a while, but I love the place so much that I can't see myself staying away. I have much more knowledge now and a few ideas as well.

It looks like I have a lot of reading to do and will try to catch up as quick as I can. I have my GF back here with me now and so far she is loving the country. I will get back into the swing of things soon and get up to date with everyone.

Feel free to send me a PM if you need and i will get back to you as soon as i can.

G4orce
    Welcome back G4force...really looking forward to hearing about the meeting the family in Isaan experience.
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

I'll think of you tonight, freezing your ass off, as I sip on a Singha or 2 whilst inspecting Nee, KAB's latest addition to the growing staff numbers Thanks again for bringing the chiller bag over. Hi to Noy.
    wabbits likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    I'll think of you tonight, freezing your ass off, as I sip on a Singha or 2 whilst inspecting Nee, KAB's latest addition to the growing staff numbers Thanks again for bringing the chiller bag over. Hi to Noy.
    555, thanks for that, i will be getting to a Thai Resturant tonight and hopfully sipping on a Singha Also... but it's not the same, was nice to meet you Rob, its not true what they say about you..5555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    555, thanks for that, i will be getting to a Thai Resturant tonight and hopfully sipping on a Singha Also... but it's not the same, was nice to meet you Rob, its not true what they say about you..5555
    We can get them to crank the heater if that helps!! 555

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Welcome home G4orce, looking forward to your detailed trip report with pictures 555

All went well with Noy arriving in Aus?

Great to hear on her thoughts of our country if she would like to share.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo View Post
    Welcome home G4orce, looking forward to your detailed trip report with pictures 555

All went well with Noy arriving in Aus?

Great to hear on her thoughts of our country if she would like to share.
    TR will come in good time. I have work over the weekend so should have time to continue then, I have heaps of photos so will be sure to post a good few. There were no issues visa-wise or entering Australia other then Passport control, but that was not major.

Her sitting in my car yesterday when going for a drive was like a dog staring out the window, she was amazed at everything she was seeing. The lack of MB's, the amount of cars, the houses, the open paddocks with nothing in them, the Shopping centre and my favourite quote "Oh My Buddha, So many Falang" 5555

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    ^^ So many falang, I like it. 5555

Welcome back, we missed you. Can't wait to hear about your trip.
    Annie

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    my favourite quote "Oh My Buddha, So many Falang" 5555
    Classic welcome back.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Welcome Home G4.

Glad to hear everything went right, looking forward to the TR and photo's.

See all those ulcers and grey hair for nothing 555555

You will now be telling newbie's to calm down w2hen they are panicking the same way, just as all of us have.

I wonder what Noi expected us to have here, Thai's? 555555

I can relate to the "Dog at the window in the car", and how big their eye's get seeing it all.

I took Jeab to a display home, average size one, just to let her see, and she asked me how many family's live in it.

Many motor home's park on the Strand along the beach, she had never seen one before.

The other thing, is they have no idea just how big this country is, and how we drive for hour's, or fly for ever just to get from one side to the other. I have toold before, how flying from Gold Coast to Townsville, she kept looking out at all the vacant land and hills and every so often she ask"That still Australia?" When we got home I showed her on a A2 map of here, the 4ins we had travelled compared toall the rest if it.

It took a few seconds and then it sunk in, she was amazed.
    Last edited by justcruzing1; 24th June 2011 at 17:50.

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    Welcome back mate, looking forward to your photo's and stories when you finally get the time.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    Its great to hear you had a good time, G4, and that you got Noy into the country successfully. As the others, I can't wait to read all about your travels and exploits, both the good and the bad. Settle back in and take your time, this is now all about you helping Noy to feel at home and really getting to know each other better in a brand new context. Really happy for you!
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Hey G4orce it would be great to hear how your parents feel about Noy, especially if she goes to school with you Mum, great opputunity for her, good luck.

Tell Noy to tell Buddha lucky she not arrive 3 months ago because our Big Buddha say G4orce not allowed to drive car, must walk and catch bus 555
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Welcome back shorty.55555
    Will look forward to the TR and the pics.
    I bet Melb is just a little brighter for you with your TG in tow.
    Very pleased for you mate.

My family already love Noy. My mum actually pulled me aside yesterday and said, "don't hurt this girl, she is very nice" She has already talked to Noy about taking her to School with her and Noy was very happy about that as mum has a Thai student in her class. Noy was very worried about my dad before she met him. The reason being I guess is because of how Thai men can treat the women and that fact that my dad is half deaf so he yells a lot. She would often hear his raised voice while I was talking to her on the phone and that worried her a bit. After them spending the day together yesterday while I was working they are like best mates. He makes a mean coffee so that turned her I think 555.

I started suffering from a weaker case of LOS Blues yesterday while at work, I know I have my own piece of Thailand with me but I do love the country and that has caused some Blues. I know I have said that this trip was going to be my last for a while, but I cannot see that happening....
    wabbits and Annie like this.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Joy when she talks about my dad says he is her dad not mine, she loves him.
    So glad to hear things are good with family, makes it easier.

Cure for LOS blues...
    Pull out a singer play some Thai music turn on the heater and get Noy to say welcome Hannnsoooome nman5555555
    If that dont work just look over at your lovely girl mate...huge cure.

She did say to me the other day how happy she was with my family and that she already felt like a part of it. My parents were mum and dad straight away, which they found strange until i explained to them that it was a good thing and part of the Culture. They are also having fun learning the different ways and mum likes having another girl in the house 555.

Every now and then I get Helllooooo Hansom Mannnnnnn and it does help. I guess when i am at work the Blues are there but when i am with her it is very different. It is great being able to show her new things, meet new people and even just show her off to all my mates 5555. Have not had time to get the thai Music out yet. But I will still be back to Thailand at least once this year Also going to try and get to Perth to say hello to some others and I have never seen perth either

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    She's a lovely girl Gary, you both look well suited.... just a shame our timing was off a bit with Thip being away..

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    She's a lovely girl Gary, you both look well suited.... just a shame our timing was off a bit with Thip being away..
    Mai Bpen Rai, she will be back soon enough and will be able to meet then.. You could even use it as an excuse to get her back here sooner for your sake 5555. How you feeling today? I am vely ill, Thai food is very different here 555

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Welcome back G4, really glad to hear all is well with Noy,the family and yourself. Your story is a bit different then most of us older lot with younger thai girls. Its really good to see and hear about a farang/thai relationship of 2 more equal ages working out. You 2 have so much life ahead of you and what a great start you are on.........i am not one for having any regrets about life but if i could wind back the clock regarding relationships i would probably choose the path you are now taking

Happy days and good luck to the both of you !!
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast