Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: What Countries, after 30 years old let you work?

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar

What Countries, after 30 years old let you work?

Hi everyone,
    Just wondering, what country let a foriegner, have a work permit after they turn 30, or a lot older.

A BM on another post, mentioned he could see living in Singapore as a place to earn a western income, while being close to LOS. I have no idea of Singapore, and work permit's, but it made me start to think.

Also, are there any countries, close to LOS that you can own a business, or property?

Without he % rules.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    I think most countries allow you to work as long as you have a sponsor.... Australia has agreements with most of the countries in the Commonwealth to allow people to work under 30 while travelling on a temporary work visa and vice-versa

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Just wondering, what country let a foriegner, have a work permit after they turn 30, or a lot older.

A BM on another post, mentioned he could see living in Singapore as a place to earn a western income, while being close to LOS. I have no idea of Singapore, and work permit's, but it made me start to think.

Also, are there any countries, close to LOS that you can own a business, or property?

Without he % rules.
    Not sure of the specific rules for Singapore, but speaking recently to a resident and they indicated that Singapore is very open economy and I would be able to work there easily.
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Here is the link to the criteria for Singapore...

Passes - Ministry of Manpower
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    This is interesting, the other night at work I was looking around at work and other options. I came across my exact job in Singapore and thought it could be a good option as it is very close to LOS, could make things better for myself and Noy, would not be hard to get back home for a visit a couple times a year but now I have to look more into things, like what sort of income I would be looking at, what the cost of living it, how hard it it to get permits/visas to work there. As I find out this i will share with all.

I would have to say I was not a massive fan of Singapore as a holiday destination but as a place to live and work it could be very good.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
    Here is the link to the criteria for Singapore...

Passes - Ministry of Manpower
    Thanks for that.

It appears that for non Malays the age limit for work passes is 50, and 58 for Malays.

So that one counts me out, again