Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Being a bit quiet lately and a pointless thread

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar

Being a bit quiet lately and a pointless thread

A pointless thread really but it seems a little quiet lately onTD

I guess we are all busy in our own lives, G4 with Noy in town searching for the right fish sauce, Wabbits and his new life in WA, Condo trying to land the mining gig, PBB plotting his next visa move, the Kaptin now a married man, DP what part of the world are you in now?, JC are you ok?, VG you must be getting close now, AM what was the age difference again ? 55555, who else i have missed, Annie, Mr & Mrs M, Mr C, Contrarian, Jonty,Gazmac, Jaffaman, Rockitt whatever happened to RocknRoll ??

Warning Soppy Moment Ahead: This has become a very small but tight knit forum with BM's helping each other for all different reasons, almost like a 2nd family

Just wondering if i can get a quick checkin from everyone for the fun of it

ohh only 4 members online .....sighhhhhh,,, [SIZE="4"]HELLOOOOOOO [/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Hello[/SIZE] [SIZE="2"]Helllo[/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]hello[/SIZE]

Like i said .....a thread with not much purpose really
    Last edited by Sydney; 8th July 2011 at 12:30.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Also Quiksilva and Eamonn (who has been very quiet, but expected 555).

Yes Sydney it has slowed down , but after an initial burst of stories, etc I always thought it would level out a bit, but the last few months has quietend down some. But what's been written has been good, informative, I think the Visa post is upto 19 pages, and with the Visa goal post been moved again I can see lots been written on this iover the next three months.

Must be doing something right, noticed over yonder that they are still having a snipe when someone posts in "Relationships", that it would be better here 555
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Ohh yeah Quiksilva and Eamonn and apologies to anyone else that i forgot.....come forward now forgotten ones and i will apologize in a personal post.!!

I didn't mean quiet as in a few months.....but more the last week or so....555555 or at least since DP bailed on us....hehe

Thanks for checking in AM......what about you others....check in please NOW!!!

Foundation Member Cadet Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Ohh yeah Quiksilva and Eamonn and apologies to anyone else that i forgot.....come forward now forgotten ones and i will apologize in a personal post.!!

I didn't mean quiet as in a few months.....but more the last week or so....555555 or at least since DP bailed on us....hehe

Thanks for checking in AM......what about you others....check in please NOW!!!
    With the thermometer below 10 degrees its hard to be motivated to do much at all.
    "Do not be afraid of death. Be afraid of the half-lived life!" Laird Hamilton

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by contrarian View Post
    With the thermometer below 10 degrees its hard to be motivated to do much at all.
    Well I've been motivated... repossessed my ex-wife's car not long ago and i've been polishing it like a mofo!
    Asked Thip to speak to Buddha (as she's at the Wat ATM) about selling the car this weekend..... as soon as it sells I'm off to BKK!!!
    So all BM's out there, turn to your Buddha shelf and put in a good word for me please
    Sydney and contrarian like this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Hi Sydney,
    I have had my hands full and thought twice about posting, but as you say a small family it has become.
    Mrs C was taken ill suddenly yesterday and was admitted to St John of God ED last night in great pain.
    Right now she is having an operation to remove her gall bladder.
    I am beside myself hoping and praying it all goes well.
    We will know in a few hours time.
    Have been on the phone to family in Thailand as well as friends locally.
    Will keep in touch.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

OHHH C1 not good news....i hope Mrs C is ok and i am sure our small family here wish Mrs C a speedy recovery and will be thinking of you both

yes please keep us posted

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    Hi Sydney,
    I have had my hands full and thought twice about posting, but as you say a small family it has become.
    Mrs C was taken ill suddenly yesterday and was admitted to St John of God ED last night in great pain.
    Right now she is having an operation to remove her gall bladder.
    I am beside myself hoping and praying it all goes well.
    We will know in a few hours time.
    Have been on the phone to family in Thailand as well as friends locally.
    Will keep in touch.
    Changone,
    Give my best wishe's to Mrs C. You must be in need of a Drink or three by now. Gall bladder's and stones are no fun.

Sydney,
    I have been around, reading and most of the other BN's have things covered, so I haven't worried about repeating stuff.

I think it qill comw in spurts and spasim's from now on, when some one new joins, and continue's to contribute, we will see another TR or question, that will then invoke, responses from everyone.

Hows the new business venture coming?

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    I keep checking in here. Lots of activity going on which is a bit unusual really. First team of the year, then my birthday. Some big family celebrations followed with a big anniversary and birthday. (In laws) The icing on the cake came when our eldest daughter passed her driving test. First test and only 4 minors on her pass sheet. Trouble is, now our car keeps dissapearing.
    Plus it's English summer and yes it's been ok so far. Some good weather, so we often have a walk to our local for a beer.

Hope Mrs C has a speedy recovery, our best wishes come to her and you Mr C.

Bring back DP safe n sound. We miss him!! 55555
    Last edited by Annie; 8th July 2011 at 17:29.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Uber Star Rockitt's Avatar
    I'm still here and enjoying this forum. Off sick at the mo with 'tennis elbow'. ( nothing to do with Wimbledon). 555. Bladdy painful at times, but I can still manage to lift a pint or two.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Life is the unexpected ...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    I am still alive but have Noy to take care of. I have still been online doing my bits and pieces. I have told Noy that it is like a second job. As a Moderator I feel I have a duty of care to check all posts for Spam and what not. I do not spend as much time on the Forum these days as I have Noy to look after as well. I would have to agree with Sydney in the way that we are all family here and I am very happy with the way things are going. I did spread the word in LOS on the recent trip so in good time could have a few more members join up.

C1 I wish you and your wife the best in the coming days and hope all is well.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    First off, I wish all the best for Mrs. C, and hope the surgery and recovery goes very well for her. Stressful time for you both, I'm sure, and I'll be praying it all works out.

I'm now 10 days away what could be one of the best trips of my life, if all works out as planned. Nui is meeting me at the airport (hopefully she dosn't get lost trying to find me! 555) and we're off from there. The last few days I've been working down the checklist of things to do, and items to purchase. Got my phone unlocked, credit card companies notified I'd be out of county and using the cards, same with the bank regarding the debit card, got my traveller's cheques (they only had 100's so I've got a stack!! 555), picked up small things I missed on the last trip like a travel soap dish, toothbrush holder, etc. Still want to pick up some small things for Nui ... the Thai owner of the Thai Bistro that opened close to where I live strongly suggested buying some quality makeup for her from Canada, as she said the quality is so much better then can be purchased in LOS ... and also need to grab some extras for my camera, like backup battery, new travel tripod, better case, etc. ... all things I regretted not having on the last trip. I only have two days off work before I leave, and I'll be trying to maximize them to get most stuff done that still needs to be done. I talk to Nui about every other day .. LD to LOS from Canada is only 5 cents a minute with the plan I have, so its no cost, and its fun to hear the excitement in her voice as the time get closer.

Other then that, I'm just counting the days ... which seem to be taking forever, on the one hand ... and seem to be flying by when I look at what I want to do before I go.

Great thread idea, btw, Sydney!
    Annie likes this.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

C1 my thoughts are with you and MrsC....

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    We are a tight crew in many ways, the only thing for me is work...gets in the way at the mo. Have been enjoying life my wife our new life together.

I have stepped back a little in posting as i felt there were conversations going on that did not need my input.

I love some of the stories that pop up out of the blue (Jontymate) one that is of late.

I for my part love this forum (soppy) as the stories and the guys have brung me cheer when things looked dark....Waiting with no TG.

I believe this is how PI started but they had....have a slightly diff focus.

This forum was started with a very long term goal to be a catch up keep up tool for many of us that will end up in LOS and i know the core will grow over time.

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    C1 Joy and my thoughts are with you both.

Ahhhh good to see family the checking in ...well done everyone !! and not a completly pointless thread in the end considering Mr and Mrs C's current situition.

Prehaps Minders post sumed it up best....I AM STILL HERE YOU BAST#**#S....55555555555555

I like your new Avatar Sydney.... A good looking couple!

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I like your new Avatar Sydney.... A good looking couple!
    why thank you PBB...very kind of you..5555

Some school of thought is to always keep the same same Avatar so other BM's can always recognize you......screw that i say.....i like to mix it up a bit otherwise i get bored looking at the same pic.......although if i was to be competly honest on this one i really changed becuase JK threatened to kill me if i didn't change it becuase she hated the pic of her so much. ...55555 i just kept telling her " yeah but my dog looks great " ....55555

J3.jpg

Don't you reckon my dog looks great ??...5555

Note to self: don't show this post to JK!!
    PatongBeachBoy likes this.

Inspired me
    Sydney likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast