Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sydney
  • 2 Post By PatongBeachBoy

Thread: Need and Aussie Passport ASAP!!!

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar

Need and Aussie Passport ASAP!!!

My brother as always has left everything to the last minute. He booked a cruise for Xmas at the end of last year and has now only just realised he can't find his passport. I think he leaves just before Christmas day and needs the Passport number for the Cruise ASAP.

Any one know how to get a Passport quickly. I have heard you can go into Melbourne and get one in a day but have no idea where, if he needs extra documents to say he has lost his old Passport or if this is even possible. Any help would be great

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Level 13, Casselden Place
    2 Lonsdale Street (corner of Spring Street)
    Melbourne VIC 3000
    dont know about getting one in a day though, he has had a previous one so it might just be an upgrade
    Last edited by PatongBeachBoy; 13th December 2011 at 19:21.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Foundation Member Uber Star Norabunga's Avatar

Probably best to call and ask. 131 232
    Or maybe go to a Post Office and ask there.
    From passports.gov.au

In Australia

If you are in Australia, you can also telephone the Australian Passport Information Service on 131 232 to report the loss or theft of your Australian passport.
    If you wish to apply for a replacement passport, you will need to:

• complete a new passport application form,
    • provide details of the lost/stolen passport,
    • attend an interview,
    • pay the current application fee,
    • pay the appropriate lost/stolen passport fee

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    My mum found a 1300 number sorry, she doesn't know it as she was transferred to it directly, but they were an emergency line based in Canberra. They have said that you can pay $100 fee to have to processed within 2 days. It can be done at the above address PPB provide or at a post office. Should work out ok for him but costing him $420 odd.

Hope this can be of use to someone else in the future, but its better to be prepared early.....

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    I actually did a similar thing on my last trip to LOS...friggin searched everywhere for it....turned my house, car and business upside down frantically as i was leaving in a couple of days.........

Haven given all hope of finding it i sat down in my office chair to consider what the hell i was going to do next when my flat bed scanner caught my eye..........hadn't used it for a quite few months this scanner.......and the last time i did use it was to scan my passport......55555555555555555555
    justcruzing1 likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar
    I'm wondering if I should get a new passport before February ... My passport, I'm totally bald on top .... I'm going to show up with that at Phnom Pehn immigration and I can just see them looking from passport to my hair ... passport to my hair ... "sorry, you need to use your own passport" ....
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    I'm wondering if I should get a new passport before February ... My passport, I'm totally bald on top .... I'm going to show up with that at Phnom Pehn immigration and I can just see them looking from passport to my hair ... passport to my hair ... "sorry, you need to use your own passport" ....
    just shave it off..... dah!!
    Quarky and Sydney like this.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.