Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year!!

Uber Star Foundation member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน vanguy77's Avatar

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year to one and all!!

So now that we have ushered in 2012, what special goals or plans do you have for the new year?

For myself, I'm looking forward to two trips to Thailand. The first you all know about, coming up in just 5 weeks now, which includes 10 days in Cambodia and 11 in Thailand. Then in mid-November, I'll be heading direct to Thailand for my longest stay yet of four full weeks. I've already scheduled the 2nd surgery up in Chiang Mai for the first Monday in December, so I know I'll be spending at least some of that trip up north, but I'm not sure yet what I'll be doing the rest of the time. I have thought about the possibility of returning to Phuket for a week, but that makes two local flights on the one trip, which is a bit pricey. I do have a friend from work who has asked to tag along for the first week and have me show him around a bit.

Beyond the travel, no real major goals for the year. Work, earn money, and spend the majority of the excess on travel. Personal life will likely be largely unchanged, but you never know.

How about everyone else?
    Last edited by vanguy77; 1st January 2012 at 21:44.
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Happy New Year VG . For me think 2012 is a year where I will be making a few decisions that will set the path for the rest of my life, in regards to work, relationships etc etc. Pretty sure the next 3-6 months will be shaping everything.

Also wondering how many scenario's play out in your head before it will explode 555
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Happy new year all.

This year i think is to get some balance between work and home and some qual relaxation in LOS.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Happy New Year, hope it's a good one for all.

My aim/hope is to get rid of debt, get rid of some weight (gut) and get back to LOS at least once.

OH.. and Peace on Earth ... Goodwill to ......555555
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Happy New Year VG, hope you're getting some of the ice hockey action we are seeing for free here, Australia just doesn't get it with sports TV, I will be doing a lot more research about Internet streaming.

2012 will be a year of austerity for us, the last few years of setting up, marriage and family have led us to the point where international holidays will be short and scarce. Still we look forward to much more local friendships and social with Perth BMs and maybe even some interstate if the Melbourne thing gets legs,

Personally, I have to redouble my efforts with the business, and look for some outside interests/income for Nut which hasn't been easy to find. So aussie BMs let's help each other out and if there is anything we can do to share the load, don't be shy, ask away, Post away, drop, me a PM with whatevers on your mind. Who knows? Maybe we can all benefit in 2012?

And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Lamai Beach Bum Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน bacwaan's Avatar
    a trip back to AUS (Sydney) and at least one each to Phils (3 weeks diving down south), Cambodia ( a whole month this time, mostly in Snooky and PP) and a chunk on Samui (2-3 months) with a couple of bursts of Chiang mai and Patts...that should keep me off the streets

I hope of your wishes come good this year

Quote Originally Posted by bacwaan View Post
    a trip back to AUS (Sydney) and at least one each to Phils (3 weeks diving down south), Cambodia ( a whole month this time, mostly in Snooky and PP) and a chunk on Samui (2-3 months) with a couple of bursts of Chiang mai and Patts...that should keep me off the streets

I hope of your wishes come good this year
    I'm not envious. I'm not!! Noooooo!!!

Dammit bacwaan, I love the plans .... sounds like an awesome year ahead!
    [SIZE="3"]"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanguy77 View Post
    I'm not envious. I'm not!! Noooooo!!!

Dammit bacwaan, I love the plans .... sounds like an awesome year ahead!
    what about VG...he can't decide what to do on his November trip yet.....maybe to much on his mind because of his February trip....555555...ahhhhhhh poor VG so much to think about..555
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    I gave up on New Years resolution's about 6 years ago because you mentally commit to a NYR for about 2 weeks and then it just fizzles out....Why??.... because the very words "New Year" is too short in meaning...what about the middle of the year or the end of the year?

Instead i replaced NYR with ........ " The Year Of " because then it involves the WHOLE YEAR, so last year for me it was " The Year of Lowering Debt " ..........and then i keep these words fresh in my mind all year ....By august i can still easily remind myself that it's the " The Year of Lowering Debt" so i am still proactive, in fact at any point in the year i never forget. However never try to have more then 1 "The Year Of"...i tried this also and it doesn't work.....you have too really decide what's the most important and achievable in that given year.

After doing this for 6 years i now start thinking about my next "The Year Of" sometime around Decemeber..........and for 2012 i have chosen "The Year Of My Teeth"....not real exciting i know but i haven't being to a dentist for more then 8 years after a major mistake made by a dentist made ( another story) and now my teeth and very bad......could spend 30K tomorrow on my mouth if i had the funds!!!

One year it was " The Year of The Boat" and by the end of the year and much to the disgust of my Ex i had a brand new Chevy Big Block 454 Engine mounted in the boat along with new seat upholstery and new floor and carpets....555555555
    Last edited by Sydney; 3rd January 2012 at 13:14.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    I gave up on New Years resolution's about 6 years ago because you mentally commit to a NYR for about 2 weeks and then it just fizzles out....Why??.... because the very words "New Year" is too short in meaning...what about the middle of the year or the end of the year?

Instead i replaced NYR with ........ " The Year Of " because then it involves the WHOLE YEAR, so last year for me it was " The Year of Lowering Debt " ..........and then i keep these words fresh in my mind all year ....By august i can still easily remind myself that it's the " The Year of Lowering Debt" so i am still proactive, in fact at any point in the year i never forget. However never try to have more then 1 "The Year Of"...i tried this also and it doesn't work.....you have too really decide what's the most important and achievable in that given year.

After doing this for 6 years i know start thinking about my next "The Year Of" sometime around Decemeber..........and for 2012 i have chosen "The Year Of My Teeth"....not real exciting i know but i haven't being to a dentist for more then 8 years after a major mistake made by a dentist made ( another story) and now my teeth and very bad......could spend 30K tomorrow on my mouth if i had the funds!!!

One year it was " The Year of The Boat" and by the end of the year and much to the disgust of my Ex i had a brand new Chevy Big Block 454 Engine mounted in the boat along with new seat upholstery and new floor and carpets....555555555
    Sydney,

I think your reasoning is very sound, and I'll try it myself this year. It is definately the year of reducing/eliminating debt.

I, like you, hate dentist's and hadn't been for over 10yrs, I had fillings that had crumpled, teeth that split then parts broke off.
    I had a mettal pin that had been used to anchor a huge filling, and there was nothing but the pin left.

As I have reported in my TR, while in Pattaya, I got a quote, and then the work done. $2,000au to fix everything, 8 crowns, 2 root canals, 4 extractions, including the post, and 2 fillings replaced plus laser whitening, so keep it in mind. It more than covers the cost of the trip.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    C'mon VG, for you its just gotta be "The year of the Barnet"...555
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

555...last year, this year and maybe next year from what i read.....maybe The Year of the Barnett can be made a "dog year" for VG 555

Foundation Member Platinum Annie's Avatar
    Happy New Year VG.
    2012 is here and I can start my offical countdown to my next visit to Thailand. Looking forward to a more relaxing holiday in Koh Samui in March and maybe an extended trip in October, returning to Patong and Patts. No firm plans yet so I will see how we get on in Koh Samui first. If they keep closing down the shops in my home town that have gone out of business, then a cheap 2 weeks in Cornwall could be on the cards!! 555. Annie

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    what about VG...he can't decide what to do on his November trip yet.....maybe to much on his mind because of his February trip....555555...ahhhhhhh poor VG so much to think about..555
    First off, I love the "The Year of ... " concept. Now I'll just have to figure out what it is that 2012 should be ... "The Year of the Monger" maybe? 555 .... but that is only for a short 3 weeks, so dosn't really fit. I'll have to think about this, but I really like the idea of giving the year a "focus" ahead of time.

As to November, you're right, I really have no clue right now beyond Chiang Mai for the 2nd surgery. Nui is looking less and less of a possibility to join me on the entire trip, since she is talking of returning to Soi Cowboy. If she does, it would mean if I did want her to travel with me, I'd have to barfine her for a month, which I just cannot see myself doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    You'll have to explain to this ignorant Canuck just what a "Barnet" is .... I wiki'd it and got nothing that makes any sense. I'm assuming it is another one of those strange Oz sayings .. and my guess is it is some kind of hair style maybe?
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Barnet is an english slang term for a hairdo VG.....comes from Bonnet (hat)

Barnet... 1980's style haircut... still popular in some parts of NZ and Australia...

Last edited by Quarky; 4th January 2012 at 20:53.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Barnet... 1980's style haircut... still popular in some parts of NZ and Australia...

That's a mullet DP...only one form of Dodgey Barnet

What's a Barnet look like? Got a pic?
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

Foundation Member Cadet silver
    Happy New Year everyone. 27 days till I depart for a nice 5 1/2 week trip to LOS. May squeeze another trip in later in the year. Anyone would think I have the LOS bug! 555

I was gonna say, that is a mullet, and thankyou but no, Changone, 2012 will not be my "Year of the Mullet"!! 55555

But I think you might have hit on something, as 2012 will be the year that I'll actually see the full results of the first HT, and have the 2nd, so "hair" is a big part of it. Watching my hair grow is rather a passive way to "theme" a year tho.

Sydney, summarizing an entire year under one heading is tough! First quarter of this year will definitely be the "Year of the Mongerer" for me .... but what if I find its not for me? Then I have to change my year's theme at the less then halfway mark. Hmmmmm. Maybe I can divide it up like I do my TR's ..... 2012: Part 1 -- The Year of the Mongerer .... 2012: Part 2 -- The Year of the Converted Mongerer .... etc etc. 555
    Mark Twain
    [/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast