Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: Privacy - Do you know what they know?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar

Privacy - Do you know what they know?

Last edited by Changone; 30th April 2013 at 22:39.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    I have noticed some info is more freely available in WA than in other states...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    As technology forges ahead and the insatiable information monster grows fatter, do you know what other people know about you from a simple "ID check"?

For example, has anyone asked for a copy of your drivers licence lately?

If you have a licence issued in WA, (Or you have access to anyone elses), try this

https://online.transport.wa.gov.au/w...rnal/demerits/

Amazing amount of detail freely available to almost anyone, job applications, loan applications, hotel staff etc etc.

Driver's demerit points enquiry
    Demerit points details
    There are no demerit points for the driver's licence number 4533407.
    Important note

The information provided is based on traffic offence details supplied to the Department of Transport by the Western Australian Police. It may not include recent offences and does not include offences allocated to a served Notice.

For further information regarding demerit points, suspensions and Excessive Demerit Points Notices, please refer to the Demerit Points page.

The information provided above is only current as at the time and date of the response.

So much for mine - it won't get you far - perhaps they release more detail on you traffic felons...
    Life is the unexpected ...

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Driver's demerit points enquiry
    Demerit points details
    There are no demerit points for the driver's licence number 4533407.
    Important note

The information provided is based on traffic offence details supplied to the Department of Transport by the Western Australian Police. It may not include recent offences and does not include offences allocated to a served Notice.

For further information regarding demerit points, suspensions and Excessive Demerit Points Notices, please refer to the Demerit Points page.

The information provided above is only current as at the time and date of the response.

So much for mine - it won't get you far - perhaps they release more detail on you traffic felons...
    But You're just a goody two shoes...:take that mate::take that mate::take that mate::my gun is bigger::my gun is bigger::take that mate:---------

Yes, I am but my slightly younger brother, Paul, - the nomad - the black sheep of the family - the one that no-one can actually recall meeting
    (even my mother...I mean our mother doesn't recall him) has accumulated quite a record over the years - mostly as the nominated driver.

Why do I keep lending him my vehicle when almost every time I do, he commits a traffic or parking offence?
    Well we are brothers, you know.

And when they point to the speed camera photo and say, "This driver looks just like you?"
    Well we are brothers, you know.

And if the Police come to the door and ask, "Are you Mr Minder?" the problem is you don't know why they are asking.

Sure, it is doubtful they are there to tell you that you have won the lottery but in most cases you will admit your identity just out of curiosity.

Now they think they have got you - they tell you its about this fine that was issued for speeding etc - then you politely interupt and ask
    "Are you looking for Mr Minder senior or junior?" - and then, no matter what, you are the other one.

Who cares if the car nominated in the fine is parked on the lawn - it is your Dad or Son's car and he is overseas - spends a lot of time in Thailand apparently.

You could just pay your fines - but where's the fun in that?

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post

No sense in holding up your hand.
    Both my vehicles are in the Company name so in the first instance they send the fines to the Company and ask them to finger the driver.
    If you dont respond they automatically issue a fine of double the normal amount. Carrot & stick?
    I suppose if I owned a couple of Ferraris I would just pay.
    Don't object to the traps doing their job but with all this reliance on information technology a policemans lot is still not a happy one.
    You should respond - you must respond - because that's where the law is clear but that's just Level one of the game... by Level 2 things start to get less clear ... you have responded but ....

To move to Level 2 try responding with insufficient details to identify the driver - Name, interstate address, no licence number or date of birth - then they have to write back and ask for further details - then ignore that one - reality is they are there to collect revenue not waste time that could be used to process a hundred other straight forward payers - they seldom chase you beyond the first "chaser".

Enjoy.

Yes, I love these conviction without evidence or trial systems ...

I sent a photograph to an interstate colleague a few months ago - I received an automated response that the photo sent from my email address had been deemed to be "inappropriate content" and had been blocked from the recipient.

The email went on to vaguely threaten me about what would happen if I did it again.

The interstate colleague also received an email stating that I, colleague@interstate:com , had attempted to send him a photograph that had been deemed as "inappropriate content" - the email also went on to threaten him over violation of the company's IT policy if he was found to be party to the "offence".

The photograph was of a section of roadway and the automatic program had detected a large amount of "pinkish" color (probably the breakdown lane) and blocked it concluding it was a nude photo or similar. Or so his IT department told my colleague.

The part that bugs me is that a search of their email records would show only that I tried to send "inappropriate" material over their system and was blocked and warned over doing same.

I can blacken my own name without the help of some half-ass computer program.

Enjoy