Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Bucket List

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar

Bucket List

Had an incident today that made me think. Ok just missed that one. But a very close call that the guy to the left of me perished.

Had a conversion with Dao. The near miss. I asked her what would you like to do or achieve before you die.

I got ....do not talk about this. I then got the heckles up...... We must.

I know leave it a few days but got me thinking. What would I really like to achieve.
    Were would I like to travel etc.

What is yours? ^^.^^
    Last edited by wabbits; 8th March 2012 at 14:54.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Climb to the top of Mt Everest.
    Make as many people as possible happier than they were.
    Fall in love properly rather than be infatuated.
    Live long enough to experience time travel.
    To stay healthy into older age.
    Run a half marathon in under 1hr 30mins
    Run a 100m in under 11 secs.
    Leave at least 100 examples of my DNA on Earth before I die.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Close calls make you think but if you wish to apeak to a TG you need to speak aroundthe subject a little bit.
    Seems it is bad luck to talk about that subject matter.

Bucket list....Mine is a mile long.
    Some i have ticked off.
    Shorter term here are some.
    RIde from BKK to Phuket on pushies
    Go and watch the Tour De France in France
    Drink Coffee and eat great Italian food in Tuscany while on a mo ped tour of the local wineries
    Educate myself to the point where i can make a living via the net.
    Watch Joy tick off some of her bucket list.
    Build a home in LOS
    Look after my dad and have a place in LOS for him

Just some that will be done before others..
    Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Close calls make you think but if you wish to apeak to a TG you need to speak aroundthe subject a little bit.
    Seems it is bad luck to talk about that subject matter.

Bucket list....Mine is a mile long.
    Some i have ticked off.
    Shorter term here are some.
    RIde from BKK to Phuket on pushies
    Go and watch the Tour De France in France
    Drink Coffee and eat great Italian food in Tuscany while on a mo ped tour of the local wineries
    Educate myself to the point where i can make a living via the net.
    Build a home in LOS
    Look after my dad and have a place in LOS for him

Just some that will be done before others..
    I like the net one...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Sydney's Avatar
    A bucket ? for me i need a Olympic size swimming pool!!

but to mention a few and not necessary in any order

Live to a ripe old healthy age..90+

Take a year long holiday and do bugger all.....no break here for nearly 3 years, other then 8 days in LOS in 2009

See my new business ( 2 years in the making) take off like a rocket......well thats a contradiction for the above for starters...55555

Buy my 18 year old son a mint condition classic car of some kind.

Take both my son's on a 6 mth water skiing trip around Australia, and film all of it, to then to it into a documentary

Have some spare time to do some things with JK..

Buy a small farm to grow some veges and fruit on, horses, dogs and chickens

Eat the farm fresh veges and fruit

Learn how to play the guitar so i can jam with my son

Have enough money to buy JK's parents a house in BKK so they don;t have to worry about the rent.....call it sin sot, that's fine with me !!

find some time to get out on the tennis court again with my younger son...regularly!!

But another house cause renting sucks !!

Renovate another house, but this time with JK's input....i know she would love to do this, even through she doesn't know it yet, and has no concept of it, but i have seen the happiness in her just making some new curtains for a room...which while on the subject i just brought her a new overlocking sewing machine the other day....man am i No 1 at the moment...5555

ok better stop there as i could go on for ever......fantastic thread idea JM .....a window into every bodies wants...and there is nothing wrong at all in dreaming for something !!

My common thread here is probably all about having time...

Gotta go, 11.00 PM and i still have to finish some quotes here !!5555555555555
    justcruzing1 likes this.
    The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.

Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Ohh good point, but for me it would be help JK make a bucket list because she doesn't actually know how or what, to want for anything....

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    I've made some bucket lists in the past and I've ticked off quite a few things.

I've travelled around the world more than I ever thought possible in the last ten years.
    Totally gave up the idea of being tied to a job. Along the way ive sold almost everything I owned and started again at least twice

All the ones I didnt tick off were ones like "I drive a (insert expensive car name in here)".
    I like to think I've ticked off the important ones.

From Today (Bucket list)

I'd like to have a comfortable house on a bit of land that I had a right to live on for as long as I wanted without having to pay someone else for that right every month.
    (Who needs the illusion of ownership anyway).

I'd like to be debt free and have $50,000 in the bank at all times that I didn't ever really need. (Kind of like the packet of TimTams that never runs out).

I would like to live for at least another "lifetime" however long that might be.
    Mum often says she feels as if she is living a second lifetime as it is so different to the one she started in (She is 86).

I would like to provide a place in the village that local school kids could go and feel safe and comfortable between School and Home. (That is a big ask).

I would like to remain free from chronic ailments and the need for medicines until I eventually do decide to give that bucket a kick...555

Quarky likes this.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Buy a small farm to grow some veges and fruit on, horses, dogs and chickens

Eat the farm fresh veges and fruit
    I like that idea... somewhere where you can grow enough food to be almost self-sufficient in what you eat. And at least you know there is no crap gone into it...

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    I like that idea... somewhere where you can grow enough food to be almost self-sufficient in what you eat. And at least you know there is no crap gone into it...
    But you would need some crap....for the food to grow in....

Quote Originally Posted by Changone View Post
    But you would need some crap....for the food to grow in....
    That crap would come from home-reared crap... so as natural a crap as crap can be... and compost...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน G4orce's Avatar
    Well I am still very young and have not started a Bucket list but I will list a few things I want to achieve before I die.
    I want to marry my fiance
    Be Debt-free
    I would like to have children (2 or 3)
    Own a house that was built to my specs
    Have 2 or 3 rental/investment properties
    Be Successful in my Career
    Travel around the world
    Retire to Thailand (as early as possible)
    and to get to my goal size and live a healthy life

There are many more things I would like to do in my life and i am sure that list will get bigger and bigger before it starts to get smaller.

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Hobby farm? For me, never again. I had five acres of land but was still working full time and had a family to support - no time to enjoy it, no money to improve it - it was bad timing.

Now, I could perhaps have the land and have the money to work it - you need at least a small tractor even for 5 acres - there really is a lot of work to do even on a small hobby farm - chickens need to be fed and kept protected from foxes and predators such as chicken hawks - horses need to be fed and groomed and visited by the farrier even if they do nothing but stand in the paddock and produce manure (cow sh:t is better IMHO but horse manure is a good errr...number 2)

Fruit trees need maintenance and to be fed nutrients - and vegetables won't grow and weed themselves - you may only need to water them most days but even automatic watering systems need to be checked and sometimes repaired.

All of these things are a daily event - you going to have some dogs to? - okay, well now you need to go away to LOS for a week - you'll need to find someone to take care of all this stuff for you .... being responsible for all these other "lives" does tie you down...

I am not saying to anyone don't do it but having done it before in my life I know that it is not as easy as it looks - and I haven't mentioned maintaining fences, cutting fire wood, fixing the shed roof, mending the 300m "driveway", cleaning or draining the dams, mowing down the bracken and thorn bushes or repairing storm damage yet....

These days, I'd rather find a good organic supermarket near my beachside high-rise luxury apartment ....555

Enjoy...
    Life is the unexpected ...

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    ....What is yours?
    For my obituary to commence with the words

"WORLD'S OLDEST MILLIONAIRE DEAD ......

....AFTER 3 DAY ORGY!

Enjoy
    Quarky and G4orce like this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    Hobby farm? For me, never again. I had five acres of land but was still working full time and had a family to support - no time to enjoy it, no money to improve it - it was bad timing.

Now, I could perhaps have the land and have the money to work it - you need at least a small tractor even for 5 acres - there really is a lot of work to do even on a small hobby farm - chickens need to be fed and kept protected from foxes and predators such as chicken hawks - horses need to be fed and groomed and visited by the farrier even if they do nothing but stand in the paddock and produce manure (cow sh:t is better IMHO but horse manure is a good errr...number 2)

Fruit trees need maintenance and to be fed nutrients - and vegetables won't grow and weed themselves - you may only need to water them most days but even automatic watering systems need to be checked and sometimes repaired.

All of these things are a daily event - you going to have some dogs to? - okay, well now you need to go away to LOS for a week - you'll need to find someone to take care of all this stuff for you .... being responsible for all these other "lives" does tie you down...

I am not saying to anyone don't do it but having done it before in my life I know that it is not as easy as it looks - and I haven't mentioned maintaining fences, cutting fire wood, fixing the shed roof, mending the 300m "driveway", cleaning or draining the dams, mowing down the bracken and thorn bushes or repairing storm damage yet....

These days, I'd rather find a good organic supermarket near my beachside high-rise luxury apartment ....555

Enjoy...
    Have to agree with this Minder... My parents own 6 1/2 acres (4 acres of paddock 2 1/2 house/sheds and garden) and it is a fulltime job to maintain... Whenever we are in between jobs with the business the boys are on the tractor slashing and the ride-on mowing, trimming trees, fixing fences, etc,etc.... Did I mention how hard it is to bury a sheep or an alpaca!....
    They had a knock on the door from a realestate agent last week with an offer for 3.5m for 3 of the acres as it zoned residential, they've decided to hold onto it for a while longer as they're not to keen on living next to 40 houses that have been planned for the 3 acres!.....
    I too like the idea of an inner city or beachside high-rise with a few flowerbeds on my balcony......
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post

Enjoy...
    What you write is a fair call.....but timing was probably the key..........my problem is i am not the sort of person who can lay around waiting to die, and i mean lay around as in, on the beach, in a cafe or bar, in my luxury apartment.....i would be bored in no time

I need to be fixing the fence, driving the tractor and probably inventing a new machine to feed the chickens and mow the 5 acres automatically ....5555555 for sure i will probably be doing some kind of work to the day i die...but with a smile on my face.........however i plan to make what ever i am doing at the rip old age...not so intense or stressful as it is now............mixed in with some good old R&R

Every point you mention Minder i believe can be solved without much pain at all, including a farm stayer to look after the dogs and plants.......already used home stayers many times before whilst on OS trips..

However a decent amount of spare funds would be required otherwise forget it...i will join you in your beachside high-rise luxury apartment instead...55555555555555555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Space travel.... bit of a stretch in my life but it is on the list.
    Cruise the Nile.
    Land a 1 metre Barra.
    World cruise and watch Dao's eyes and that would mean she has overcome her fear of the sea.
    Watch my grandchildren' s Eyes at Disneyland 'Sunday Parade"
    Be on the plane for my sons first commercial flight in a jet. All he has talked about for the last 12 years.
    Watch Dao achieve her goal of owning a child care centre.
    Be fluent in Thai.
    Every decade for Dao to reaffirm to me that she made a very good choice in a Husband.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

All the most satisfying bucket list tick offs seem to be ones that don't require you to qualify as a new multi millionaire first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    What you write is a fair call.....but timing was probably the key..........my problem is i am not the sort of person who can lay around waiting to die, and i mean lay around as in, on the beach, in a cafe or bar, in my luxury apartment.....i would be bored in no time

I need to be fixing the fence, driving the tractor and probably inventing a new machine to feed the chickens and mow the 5 acres automatically ....5555555 for sure i will probably be doing some kind of work to the day i die...but with a smile on my face.........however i plan to make what ever i am doing at the rip old age...not so intense or stressful as it is now............mixed in with some good old R&R

Every point you mention Minder i believe can be solved without much pain at all, including a farm stayer to look after the dogs and plants.......already used home stayers many times before whilst on OS trips..

However a decent amount of spare funds would be required otherwise forget it...i will join you in your beachside high-rise luxury apartment instead...55555555555555555
    I agree... it would be something I would want to do fulltime... something to keep you busy... and productive... I wouldn't want to do it as a hobby... The Good Life... The Great Life...

I agree... it would be something I would want to do fulltime... something to keep you busy... and productive... I wouldn't want to do it as a hobby... The Good Life... The Great Life...
    Yep you wake up in the morning, standing there drinking your coffee on the back veranda, as you gaze over the land, the air is crisp and fresh, the sun is just breaking the horizon as you ponder what task you are going to take on today, you can just hear the automatic sprinklers dousing the veggie garden.....pish pish pish pish,..........your trusty kelpie looking up at you eager for a morning ride on the back of the quad.....ahhh life is good

Yep screw hoping in your car and going to work, in fact going anywhere!!

Ahhhhhh...... FD........ Farm Dreaming......55555555555
    Last edited by Sydney; 7th March 2012 at 21:57.
    Quarky likes this.

^You got me hooked... we could set up a commune... 555

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast