Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: so true

bobless

so true

Don't cry over the past, it's gone.
    Don't stress over the future, it hasn't arrived.
    Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Yep, get a life ...
    Or a Thai wife?
    bobless likes this.
    Cheers, Rob.
    Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting: holy s.h.i.t what a ride!

bobless
    yes indeed :-)

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainrob View Post
    Yep, get a life ...
    Or a Thai wife?
    55555555 can of worms Rob....? 555
    Last edited by Spot; 28th April 2012 at 00:08.
    bobless likes this.
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Quote Originally Posted by bobless View Post
    Don't cry over the past, it's gone.
    Don't stress over the future, it hasn't arrived.
    Live in the present and make it beautiful.
    Do you like my sig?
    bobless likes this.
    My only experience was in a pie making factory managing the gravy team

bobless
    From the words of the finest man who walks our earth today ..........I believe that the very purpose of life is to be happy. From the very core of our being, we desire contentment. In my own limited experience I have found that the more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being.

Dalai Lama

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    When I first meet my TG I was amazed how she could block something or someone out.
    I got all Fraud on it and tried to work it out. Must be suppressing something deep and painful from her child hood. I thought.
    Then I started to think to much..... if she can block things out easy she can block me out easy.

It was compound by what I though was her lack of English. She would say "I close my mind to dat just now already"

How do you just close your mind? Not easy for you but easy for me.... you can learn.
    How did you learn to do this. Long time since I baby at temple for tuk tuk kill me.

Umm Ok...... I left it at that for years.

Married ......I only noticed from a picture that she always had twisted leg and naturally I had felt a small abnormality in her spine that both caused her great pain from time to time.

What happened? When I was six years old going to school Tuk Tuk run me over. Break my leg and hip and back. I live in the hospital for 3 years. Never went back to school.

The monk teach me to close my mind to the pain and not think too much about tuk tuk.

I have not met any other Thai people that really Meditates a part from monks. Dao does............. She calls it quiet time for thinking of nothing but my body.

So all the time she spent living at and going to the temple is not giving thanks to Buddha for meeting me as I was led to believe in the beginning.

She will joke with me that she will have quiet time to rest her mind to put up with me. Probably true.
    Quarky, Sydney and bobless like this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    The mind is an amazing thing Jonty....
    I have always been accident prone and had some horrific injuries over time.... I was once snowboarding in an out of bounds area with a mate, I'd stopped behind him to take some photo's. After taking off again I hit a small rock and cartwheeled end over end a couple of times landing on a rock on my hip, I tried to get up and realised (besides the pain) that I had done something seriously wrong. The pain was immense to the point of throwing up, I was in a bad way!. I lay there for about 1/2 an hour and decided that my mate had left me behind (common thing) and that the Ski patrol wouldn't even sweep this area as it was outside of the resort, I had to do something!.... It was a steep slope and I was able to roll over and lie face down on the slope, the pain was making me giddy but eventually was able to stand. I was able to traverse down the slope from side to side feeling even the tiniest of bumps. What would normally take me 5 minutes to get down ended up taking me 2 hours, I set myself targets to reach and would rest for 15-20 min in between. I eventually came to a cat track that led to a chairlift, not being able to turn I soon picked up some serious speed... The last thing I remember was coming up to the chairlift and then looking up at this girl asking me if I was alright, I had blacked out....
    Later X-rays had revealed that I had broken my pelvis in 2 places, the doctor was surprised that I was able to stand let alone snowboard down the slope I was on.

I've been teaching my daughter this technique of pain acceptance as she seems to have inherited my clumsiness as I think it helps you to be tolerant with most of the tests that life can throw at you.
    Quarky, jontymate, Cilla and 1 others like this.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

I know that I have been very guilty of using drugs and alcohol to MASK pain. Emotional or physical.
    When you have a girl that will massage you ..talk you through... Be quiet and accept when she needs to be. And I her. That is a partnership I call marriage.
    justcruzing1, Cilla and bobless like this.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    When I first meet my TG I was amazed how she could block something or someone out.
    I got all Fraud on it and tried to work it out. Must be suppressing something deep and painful from her child hood. I thought.
    Then I started to think to much..... if she can block things out easy she can block me out easy.

It was compound by what I though was her lack of English. She would say "I close my mind to dat just now already"

How do you just close your mind? Not easy for you but easy for me.... you can learn.
    How did you learn to do this. Long time since I baby at temple for tuk tuk kill me.

Umm Ok...... I left it at that for years.

Married ......I only noticed from a picture that she always had twisted leg and naturally I had felt a small abnormality in her spine that both caused her great pain from time to time.

What happened? When I was six years old going to school Tuk Tuk run me over. Break my leg and hip and back. I live in the hospital for 3 years. Never went back to school.

The monk teach me to close my mind to the pain and not think too much about tuk tuk.

I have not met any other Thai people that really Meditates a part from monks. Dao does............. She calls it quiet time for thinking of nothing but my body.

So all the time she spent living at and going to the temple is not giving thanks to Buddha for meeting me as I was led to believe in the beginning.

She will joke with me that she will have quiet time to rest her mind to put up with me. Probably true.
    Is the one on the left your TG Jonty? Either way they are both lovely looking girls. It's quite disconcerting when you hear stories from their childhood isn't it? It naturally illicit's a caring side in you to come out... but at the same time you realise how disciplined and emotionally strong they must be to get though these set backs without using their misfortune to play the "victim card" as often happens with Western people (men and women).

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    The mind is an amazing thing Jonty....
    I have always been accident prone and had some horrific injuries over time.... I was once snowboarding in an out of bounds area with a mate, I'd stopped behind him to take some photo's. After taking off again I hit a small rock and cartwheeled end over end a couple of times landing on a rock on my hip, I tried to get up and realised (besides the pain) that I had done something seriously wrong. The pain was immense to the point of throwing up, I was in a bad way!. I lay there for about 1/2 an hour and decided that my mate had left me behind (common thing) and that the Ski patrol wouldn't even sweep this area as it was outside of the resort, I had to do something!.... It was a steep slope and I was able to roll over and lie face down on the slope, the pain was making me giddy but eventually was able to stand. I was able to traverse down the slope from side to side feeling even the tiniest of bumps. What would normally take me 5 minutes to get down ended up taking me 2 hours, I set myself targets to reach and would rest for 15-20 min in between. I eventually came to a cat track that led to a chairlift, not being able to turn I soon picked up some serious speed... The last thing I remember was coming up to the chairlift and then looking up at this girl asking me if I was alright, I had blacked out....
    Later X-rays had revealed that I had broken my pelvis in 2 places, the doctor was surprised that I was able to stand let alone snowboard down the slope I was on.

I've been teaching my daughter this technique of pain acceptance as she seems to have inherited my clumsiness as I think it helps you to be tolerant with most of the tests that life can throw at you.
    I had a similar thing happen to me when I first learnt to ski. Went off piste and went over a cliff... ended up in a mixture of snow drifts and branches... luckily I wasn't injured like you, but I was alone and no one knew where I was. About 9,000 feet up in the French Alps. It took me about 3 hours to get to a road... totally exhausted... and luckily a car stopped to see if I was ok... if I had been injured as bad as you... I'd hate to think of my fate.

Do you still have problems with your hips now... or are they as good as new?

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post

Do you still have problems with your hips now... or are they as good as new?
    The break was at the top of the pelvis (the pointy part of your hips) called the llium. I had not movement in my waist for close to 9 months but was able to walk fine, I would tend to spend my time either on my back or standing up as sitting was painful. Nowdays the only pain I feel is if I lay on that side for too long in bed, and I tend to fight orthodox now as my natural stance is Southpaw just trying to limit the kicks on that hip.
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    The break was at the top of the pelvis (the pointy part of your hips) called the llium. I had not movement in my waist for close to 9 months but was able to walk fine, I would tend to spend my time either on my back or standing up as sitting was painful. Nowdays the only pain I feel is if I lay on that side for too long in bed, and I tend to fight orthodox now as my natural stance is Southpaw just trying to limit the kicks on that hip.
    Good to hear. You were lucky then. Nice story though. I suspect a lot of people would have struggled to find that strength to get down the mountain... probably lucky you were quite fit....
    bobless likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Distantpeak View Post
    Is the one on the left your TG Jonty? Either way they are both lovely looking girls. It's quite disconcerting when you hear stories from their childhood isn't it? It naturally illicit's a caring side in you to come out... but at the same time you realise how disciplined and emotionally strong they must be to get though these set backs without using their misfortune to play the "victim card" as often happens with Western people (men and women).
    Girl on the right and never played the victim card. I didn't even know until after we we married. But after I found out a lot of things fell into place about her lack of education etc.
    Quarky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Girl on the right and never played the victim card. I didn't even know until after we we married. But after I found out a lot of things fell into place about her lack of education etc.
    Oops sorry. I was trying to work out who looked like the girl in your avatar... trust me to get it wrong. Lovely looking girl anyway... not that it matters anyway as you are well past that.

bobless
    Wherever you are - know I really love you. Wherever you've been --know I've been there too. Whatever you're doing when you need a friend call me, I'll be there just to listen to you.

bobless
    i have found with Fah its about timing asking the right questions at the appropriate time or just wait and watch and learn her , if i make mistake and upset her or we have disagreement is best to leave her 'fix her mood 'and then discuss i usually start with may i ask/tell you something to learn you better and you learn me and sometimes we will talk and sort problem to mutual satisfaction and sometimes she will simply say 'dont think serious too much' but is so hard when 10,000 miles away to do this
    jontymate likes this.

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Wow JM, Dayo's story really hits home. Maybe you are the repayment for all her past pain and trouble.

In the photo she looks very thin, is she still that way or has she got more tone on her, considering that photo's add weight to you she looked a bit too thin to me. The smallness of her wrist etc.

She is obviously a very strong woman, and I love the fact you never knew till after you married, and also that you never pryed to see what was within, just loved what you had.

As Dao and PBB have shown the mind can control pain, especially if it is a constant pain, then the mind accepts that this is normal level and only reacts to higher thresholds of pain, not the constant.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

She is still very thin.... way too much. She just does not seem to put on weight. She wares clothes to hide it.

In our BKK Mansion you can see the leg.

Suggesting her xmas present that she gave to our niece that took a shine to it.

I am constantly worried that she doe not have enough on her bones

^As long as she eats well and is generally healthy I wouldn't be too worried unless their is an underlying illness. Some people just have a healthy weight for them that seems thin to us. By the way... her smile would melt me. I can see why you were attracted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast