Learning from the cultures, practices and traditions of others is something I find immensely interesting and enjoyable. On today's blog I talk to two ladies about health, wellness and lifestyle from an eastern perspective. I interviewed Miss Kasinee Silapee from Bangkok, Thailand and Miss Siu Fen from Bandung, Indonesia.

One of the main problems in the UK at present is the rise in obesity figures. In the UK it has been estimated that roughly 60 per cent of adults and 30 per cent of children are overweight. The figures from 2009 also showed that a quarter of adults in England could be classed as obese. It is predicted that if this climb continues then three quarters of the population could suffer the diseases and ill effects that come from excess weight in 10 15 years from now.

Do you think there are more people in Thailand over weight than before and if so what do you think the cause of this is? I thought as with a lot of the world that it was partially down to the combination of too long sat down at a computer, too much sweet snacks and little if any exercise, especially in children.

Talking Health,Wellness And Lifestyle: An Eastern Perspective engagingthailandtips Blog