• 3 Post By PatongBeachBoy
  • 1 Post By Cilla
  • 2 Post By Rivo
  • 3 Post By Minder

Thread: Security Warning's

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar

Security Warning's

Hotel/Motel Scam

PLEASE PASS THIS ONE ALONG TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS………..

This is kinda scary if only because of how simple it is.
    You arrive at your hotel and check in at the front desk.

When checking in, you give the front desk your credit card (for all the charges for your room).

You get to your room and settle in. Someone calls the front desk and asked for (example) Room 620 (which happens to be your room).

Your phone rings in your room. You answer and the person on the other end says the following,

'This is the front desk. When checking in, we came cross a problem with your charge card information.

Please re-read me your credit card number and verify the last 3 digits numbers at the reverse side of your charge card.'
    Not thinking anything you might give this person your information, since the call seems to come from the front desk.

But actually, it is a scam of someone calling from outside the hotel/front desk. They ask for a random room number.

Then, ask you for credit card information and address information.

Sounding so professional that you do think you are talking to the front desk.
    If you ever encounter this problem on your vacation, tell the caller that you will be down at the front desk to clear up any problems.

Then, go to the front desk and ask if there was a problem.

If there was none, inform the manager of the hotel that someone called to scam you of your credit card information acting like a front desk employee.
    This was sent by someone who has been duped........and is still cleaning up the mess.

P.S. Please everyone, consider spreading the word by forwarding this email. Who knows, you might just help someone avoid a nasty experience.

ANYONE traveling should be aware of this one!
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

The artist formally known as Wabbits Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน wabbits's Avatar
    Why do i never think of these scams.55555555
    Quarky likes this.

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน PatongBeachBoy's Avatar
    Luckily my bank and credit card provider insure against fraud on my card!
    Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Luckily my Credit Card has no Credit 555
    G4orce likes this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wabbits View Post
    Why do i never think of these scams.55555555
    ...because you are too busy avoiding the scams of the car dealers you work with? 5555
    Life is the unexpected ...

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    ...because you are too busy avoiding the scams of the car dealers you work with? 5555
    Have found over the years its not the dealers that tell lies...(Qualify Franchise dealers) well the ones i have worked for anyway.

When i was selling cars i sold multiples to families and have made life long friends of some of my customers.

On the other hand i have heard many lies come forth from the mouths of customers have been treated like a piece of $hit on a few occasions.

Have had customers tell me that i sold them a dodgy vehicle because it over heated...Not telling us about the small tree jammed through the radiator...I $hit you not.

never been on Today tonight never been to court for something i have said or done.....

On the other hand i have seen many people get upset by the lack of money there dear old car will bring and they feel we are ripping them off.

Here is an interesting fact, a profitable car dealership has a profit of about 1% at the end of the financial year! that is a profitable one very fine line these days.

Have no problem with people driving hard bargains have no problem trying to gain gross for the dealership....But i have seen very little of the behavior that we are accused of regularly.

Dont get me started on finance amazes me what levels people will put themselves in even when it is pointed out.
    Drive a hard bargain out the front come and see me and bury themselves.....I might add that i write rates lower than the banks.......

Have found over the years its not the dealers that tell lies...(Qualify Franchise dealers) well the ones i have worked for anyway.

When i was selling cars i sold multiples to families and have made life long friends of some of my customers.

On the other hand i have heard many lies come forth from the mouths of customers have been treated like a piece of $hit on a few occasions.

Have had customers tell me that i sold them a dodgy vehicle because it over heated...Not telling us about the small tree jammed through the radiator...I $hit you not.

never been on Today tonight never been to court for something i have said or done.....

On the other hand i have seen many people get upset by the lack of money there dear old car will bring and they feel we are ripping them off.

Here is an interesting fact, a profitable car dealership has a profit of about 1% at the end of the financial year! that is a profitable one very fine line these days.

Have no problem with people driving hard bargains have no problem trying to gain gross for the dealership....But i have seen very little of the behavior that we are accused of regularly.

Dont get me started on finance amazes me what levels people will put themselves in even when it is pointed out.
    Drive a hard bargain out the front come and see me and bury themselves.....I might add that i write rates lower than the banks.......
    Have only ever bought one new car.... It was a 2000 model Barina and I was trading in a EA Falcon that was on it's last legs.... The salesman had said something to me that has stuck in my head to this day "Dont worry about how much your going to get for a trade in, worry about the amount that I'm going to extract from you at the end of the sale..... I can give you $10,000 for the trade in and nothing off the new car or I can give you nothing for the trade in and give you $10,000 of the new car..... we have a figure that we have to get and I can sugar coat it for you or I can be straight up and tell you that figure"
    After I bought the car he then turned to me and told me how he would never buy a new car "Huge waste of money mate, do you know how much this car just depreciated?"..... I kind of liked the bloke but I wish he told me earlier about not buying a new car!!
    wabbits, Quarky and Cilla like this.

When you drive out the door your onroads just went pufffffff and that is no small portion of the cost.
    allow 20% a year and your somewhere there.

I love it when people say you drive out and you lose at least 3 grand or more like its the cars fault...Blame the government for putting a tax on a tax on a tax....That's not constitutional is it...AHHHH call it stamp duty or some such....

Cars like boats are better when someone else owns them and you just use them!

A friend of the family wanted to buy himself a brand new Clubsport, he went to his accountant to see if he could run it through his business... His accountant called him a fool, you may as well set fire to a wad of notes right now!....
    For less than the amount he was willing to pay for the Clubsport he was able to pick up a 79 Dino Ferrari which increases in value every year..... Turns more heads than one of the most common cars on the road does!

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Was in Emerald yesterday. Every second young guy was driving a club sport or similar FPV ute. Now that dealership must make some money????
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Was in Emerald yesterday. Every second young guy was driving a club sport or similar FPV ute. Now that dealership must make some money????
    At the number one dealership for Toyota in WA, 1% approx give or take a 1/4 Was at Von Bibra's on the Gold Coast same story...A few have gone under over the last few years.
    Its the cost of doing business like upgrading your dealership to keep it at a std that your franchiser is happy with as any breach and they pull the rug out from under you.
    They make money but opening the doors on a daily basis is huge Ours here is 90k a day.........How many bad days can you have before you can no longer sleep at night??

RIP Cilla (Craig) Platinum Cilla's Avatar
    Yeah, Mackay and Emerald have the largest sales of performance Holdens and Fords. Would not buy one here as the bill will be larger than buying in Brisbane.
    You know when the coal is in recession when the car yards are full of clubsports 5555.

I was in the bank the otherday and while I was waiting in the line up I overheard a 19yo signing for a loan for 95 K.
    95k loan at 19yo for a car. Working 6 months at the mines and 95k. I own 2 houses and no debt and I wanted to lift c/card limit to from 7k to10k and was told by some faceless Indian NO.
    I am in the process of finding a new bank, f--k the faceless Indians at the ANZ who tell me NO. Next time you get a call from the bank just ask them to turn off their recording for training purposes or tell them you are recording them, watch the fun. Refuse to talk to them till they turn it off, must not be covered in their basic training 55555

If you don't mind me asking, what did you think of Emerald. I was there 2 weeks ago for work and the trip cost me a new windscreen and a back tyre, 9,000km new car, pissed off. That much rubbish and derbits from mine trucks losing loads. The Town was ok, grown since I was there last 10 years ago.
    My boss tells me know I have to go out there every 2 months, oh joy. I had better book a motel for then or I will have to sleep in my car like other people there. Accomadation there is worst than Mackay.....
    Spot likes this.

I saw a show a couple of weeks back on the Ford owners club in NZ.... A guy was driving a BA FPV ute and said that it was one of 6 in NZ!! 555

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    At the number one dealership for Toyota in WA, 1% approx give or take a 1/4 Was at Von Bibra's on the Gold Coast same story...A few have gone under over the last few years.
    Its the cost of doing business like upgrading your dealership to keep it at a std that your franchiser is happy with as any breach and they pull the rug out from under you.
    They make money but opening the doors on a daily basis is huge Ours here is 90k a day.........How many bad days can you have before you can no longer sleep at night??
    Just interested to know does the franchise go up in value over time. Other wise why be in business?

I had with my ex 4 Harvey world travel franchises amongst my own interests.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilla View Post
    Yeah, Mackay and Emerald have the largest sales of performance Holdens and Fords. Would not buy one here as the bill will be larger than buying in Brisbane.
    You know when the coal is in recession when the car yards are full of clubsports 5555.

I was in the bank the otherday and while I was waiting in the line up I overheard a 19yo signing for a loan for 95 K.
    95k loan at 19yo for a car. Working 6 months at the mines and 95k. I own 2 houses and no debt and I wanted to lift c/card limit to from 7k to10k and was told by some faceless Indian NO.
    I am in the process of finding a new bank, f--k the faceless Indians at the ANZ who tell me NO. Next time you get a call from the bank just ask them to turn off their recording for training purposes or tell them you are recording them, watch the fun. Refuse to talk to them till they turn it off, must not be covered in their basic training 55555

If you don't mind me asking, what did you think of Emerald. I was there 2 weeks ago for work and the trip cost me a new windscreen and a back tyre, 9,000km new car, pissed off. That much rubbish and derbits from mine trucks losing loads. The Town was ok, grown since I was there last 10 years ago.
    My boss tells me know I have to go out there every 2 months, oh joy. I had better book a motel for then or I will have to sleep in my car like other people there. Accomadation there is worst than Mackay.....
    I used to be the RIC at Carnarvon Gorge NP... I was always told back then to avoid Emerald unless i had a wad of dollars for accomodation etc... Springsure was as close as i got to the place. Used to drive all day to have a night at Tannum Sands and beach in evening and beach in morning before driving back to the gorge... That was when the roads were open.

A lot has changed in the last 20 years but some things remain the same...
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Just interested to know does the franchise go up in value over time. Other wise why be in business?

I had with my ex 4 Harvey world travel franchises amongst my own interests.
    Some will some you can't give away. I think many started in better times and things just get tighter and they may not be able to sell.
    1% profit in our case is still a substantial amount but other are less well off.

I think the trick is to own the land under the dealership that is where the money is as that is always owned by a different company even if same person.
    22k a month here but i am guessing may be more.

เมืองเชียงราย Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Rivo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatongBeachBoy View Post
    I saw a show a couple of weeks back on the Ford owners club in NZ.... A guy was driving a BA FPV ute and said that it was one of 6 in NZ!! 555

Thats because there is only 6 kiwi's left in NZ 555
    Quarky and PatongBeachBoy like this.
    A Wise Man Once Said "Nothing"

Foundation Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Minder's Avatar

I know I shouldn't have ... but it was a slow day at work ....

Enjoy

angry rabbit2.jpg
    wabbits, Quarky and PatongBeachBoy like this.
    Life is the unexpected ...

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    I know I shouldn't have ... but it was a slow day at work ....

Enjoy

angry rabbit2.jpg
    Smarty pants......
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....