Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Thread: IT guru's

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar

IT guru's

The internet. I am moving to China and from my time there what I can look at is governed. The same as it is governed in lOS.

Question is if I continue with a sever based in OZ and a VPN can I still appear to my customers to be in oz and have freedom of what I look at.

I represent a Swedish company and through a VPN I appear to be working for them directly.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    Thanks am. My IT guy charges more than a sick buffalo and is married to my first wife.
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Arliss Michaels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jontymate View Post
    Thanks am. My IT guy charges more than a sick buffalo and is married to my first wife.
    Danger Danger Will Robinson 555

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Make sure that your company VPN is not a split tunnel VPN.... If it is, it usually means for normal internet browsing (going to facebook or checking your yahoo email account), you will do so directly from your internet provider in China, and will look like you are from China and only your traffic that is work related (such as reading your work email or opening a file from a share drive) will go through your VPN tunnel.

A simple way to check could be just going to this link... If it shows up as from China AFTER you connect to your VPN, you maybe on a split tunnel VPN...

http://www.whereisip.net/

Personally I wouldn't put it past the great firewall of china to be able to figure out what you were really looking at if they really wanted to however... so don't go posting about how great democracy is and how oppressed the people in China really are.... 555
    Last edited by bunga; 27th July 2012 at 11:26. Reason: added link