Phuket Taxi and Transfers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Please help stop the new Thai mining bill

Toby and Arada

Please help stop the new Thai mining bill

The Thai ministry for mining is trying to pass an unconstitutional Bill that will result in environmentally protected forest being stripped and Thai people being poisoned (again)

Please help stop this disaster before it happens. Sign my petition at this link

Petition Stop the New Thai Mining bill

Thank you for your support and remember that your saving yourself too

Toby

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Spot's Avatar
    Good cause Toby, wonderring if we would be placed on some sort of list of undesirables?? I'm doing my bit elsewhere on the fate of the Mekong.....
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Toby and Arada

Undesirable ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    Good cause Toby, wonderring if we would be placed on some sort of list of undesirables?? I'm doing my bit elsewhere on the fate of the Mekong.....
    we probably are on lists somewhere but I think the undesirables are outweighing the reprehensibles
    The Mekong cause is a good one. I wonder who is going to pocket the money over that one ! Ermm A little bit of electricity, some good will with Laos and a dead and stagnant river system that currently feeds the people of 5 countries, what a wonderful outcome ?
    What are you doing? is there anything I can sign or do?

T&A

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Looks like you are a political activist. Are you from Thailand?
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Toby and Arada
    Hi Changone
    No not really political as such. Not Thai either, though my wife is.
    It's just I can't stand stupid destruction these people cause just another profit they don't really need.
    After all what's the point in lots of money when you can't breath because you killed all the trees ??

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Changone's Avatar
    Nice that you consider our environment.
    How do you tell China not to finance dams on the Mekong in Laos from Thailand though? A lot of international politics that is hard for us to understand.
    And where the hell was Biggles.....?....when you needed him last Saturday....?

Toby and Arada
    It's a matter of getting international attention. The Mekong problem has been held up successfully in that manner by interested groups and political pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby and Arada View Post
    we probably are on lists somewhere but I think the undesirables are outweighing the reprehensibles
    The Mekong cause is a good one. I wonder who is going to pocket the money over that one ! Ermm A little bit of electricity, some good will with Laos and a dead and stagnant river system that currently feeds the people of 5 countries, what a wonderful outcome ?
    What are you doing? is there anything I can sign or do?

T&A
    Get your post count up so you can view my TR I beleive I would be preaching to the converted on TD but just using my professional network to raise awareness and highlight the river and posted some of my TR on Facebook. And any other elevant articles if find I repost elsewhere

I used to be in National Parks in 3 states mainly in fire and emergency management, cant do that anymore so doing my small part on the Murray "Youtube" "River Murray Restoration" 2 a bit dated videos but thas what I do nowadays..
    Ohhhh, Pigsy! You call yourself a demon? จูบก้นของฉัน Everything I post here is IMHO and IME... I am no expert....

Toby and Arada
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot View Post
    Get your post count up so you can view my TR I beleive I would be preaching to the converted on TD but just using my professional network to raise awareness and highlight the river and posted some of my TR on Facebook. And any other elevant articles if find I repost elsewhere

I used to be in National Parks in 3 states mainly in fire and emergency management, cant do that anymore so doing my small part on the Murray "Youtube" "River Murray Restoration" 2 a bit dated videos but thas what I do nowadays..
    I'll work on the posts (not much of a typer). Mean time It's nice to hear someone else is motivated. The amount of people who say " well what can I do on my own" makes me want to scream.

cheers for the link and Video

On the holiday side, I've mentioned a few ideas to Arada, but she's being a bit vague so I think I'm meant to make the decision. Hurrah

T&A

ประเทศไทยเพื่อน Founding Member Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน jontymate's Avatar
    WTTB Nice idea and empathise with your mission. Your wife is Thai..... yeah. Where are you situated just now. Where do you call home?
    "Man cannot discover New Oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore" 

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Chob's Avatar
    Keep up the good work you guys and Spot!

Toby and Arada
    Weird, My reply to jontymate just vanished into ether.
    We're based in Bueng Kan, Nong khai province. At least I am when I'm in LOS

Uber Star Soi wanderer Thai Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน justcruzing1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby and Arada View Post
    Weird, My reply to jontymate just vanished into ether.
    Hi Toby,
    We do get some gremlin's that steal your post, especially long ones. 55555

What we advise to prevent it happening is, if it's a like a TR you can do it 2 ways, write it in word then copy and paste to here or before you hit the submit button highlite all the text and save it, then if it dissapear's you just open a new reply and paste it in.

It is blody frustrating when you write a very indepth response to a post only to have it gone, I usually copy it as I write it, as soon as it gets over 3 or 4 paragaph's.
    jontymate likes this.
    "Of course you love me darling, I handsome man 55555"

Toby and Arada
    No worries jc1, I don't think it was your site, I think it was work wi.net. is tricky at best of times. But never the less sound advice on copying as you go

Foundation Member Uber Dreamer ผู้เพ้อฝัน Gazmac's Avatar
    Bugga the Thai Mining ! What about trying to go fishing here in Australia now they have brought in all the " Greenies " new no fishing zones !! Not to mention the jobs that are going to be lost ! Sorry Toby its not that im against what you are standing for ! Thats a legit campaign that should be supported as well !
    jontymate likes this.

Toby and Arada
    No problems. That's one of the problems with the idiots that take it to far. It gets the important stuff a bad name.

T&A

Quote Originally Posted by justcruzing1 View Post
    Hi Toby,
    We do get some gremlin's that steal your post, especially long ones. 55555

What we advise to prevent it happening is, if it's a like a TR you can do it 2 ways, write it in word then copy and paste to here or before you hit the submit button highlite all the text and save it, then if it dissapear's you just open a new reply and paste it in.

It is blody frustrating when you write a very indepth response to a post only to have it gone, I usually copy it as I write it, as soon as it gets over 3 or 4 paragaph's.
    Just another approach I use is once it gets to about an A4 size post if done within time limits post it then hit edit and continue then hit save.

best though is the cut and paste from word etc. Also gives you time to get your photos ready to illustrate with.. Khup

Toby and Arada
    Cheers Spot
    T&A

Foundation Member Platinum Condo's Avatar
    How do I get a job? and whats the pay rate...

ONLY JOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast